• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have Lidia Bastianich's recipe for Italian American Lasagna, but there is no way I'm making this. It's got roughly 20 ingredients and 2 pages worth of instructions. None of the steps are particularly difficult, but the sheer amount of work and attention just makes it not worth my time.

I guess what I'm saying is: you ESJFs are amazing with organization and stick-to-it-iveness.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have Lidia Bastianich's recipe for Italian American Lasagna, but there is no way I'm making this. It's got roughly 20 ingredients and 2 pages worth of instructions. None of the steps are particularly difficult, but the sheer amount of work and attention just makes it not worth my time.

I guess what I'm saying is: you ESJFs are amazing with organization and stick-to-it-iveness.
I feel you. That sort of thing is only worthwhile if you enjoy cooking it. Or if you have lots of people helping you. One way that I fit the ESTJ stereotype is that I have no problem with putting my guests to work ;) so sometimes I cook high-maintenance things like that when I'm going to have people over. That way if anyone shows up early and volunteers to help, I can have them chop things, puree things, etc, and it takes much less time.

á´…eparted

passages
One way that I fit the ESTJ stereotype is that I have no problem with putting my guests to work ;)

I honestly like it when hosts do this (much more so if they are unfamilar to me). It gives everyone something to do and applies structure, AND it's productive! I actually regard it as fun (except cleaning- no one likes cleaning).

Host that go "just do whatever!" strike me as lazy and I don't know what to do with myself.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
"Pour in the tomatoes and the tomato paste and stir until the paste is
dissolved. Season lightly with salt. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat to
a lively simmer, and cook, uncovered, stirring often, until the sauce
takes on a deep, brick-red color, 2 to 3 hours. Add the hot water,
1/2 cup at a time, as necessary to maintain the level of liquid for the
length of time the sauce cooks." Just a small part of the instructions from Lidia's recipe

The bold part is where I said to myself, "No freakin way".

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I honestly like it when hosts do this (much more so if they are unfamilar to me). It gives everyone something to do and applies structure, AND it's productive! I actually regard it as fun (except cleaning- no one likes cleaning).

Host that go "just do whatever!" strike me as lazy and I don't know what to do with myself.

I feel you. That sort of thing is only worthwhile if you enjoy cooking it. Or if you have lots of people helping you. One way that I fit the ESTJ stereotype is that I have no problem with putting my guests to work ;) so sometimes I cook high-maintenance things like that when I'm going to have people over. That way if anyone shows up early and volunteers to help, I can have them chop things, puree things, etc, and it takes much less time.

This is a great idea, and one that I have been warming up to.

I was raised in a heavy Italian-American tradition in which it is considered highly disgraceful to have a guest even lift a finger. Basically what we'd do is have lots of appetizers ready, and lots of sports games outside and indoor games prepared, good television, and encourage people to mingle. Even though guests could not work, they were given plenty of opportunities to ensure they wouldn't be bored. Hospitality is key. Our houses were even arranged inside in such a way that benefited the possibility of guests.

But for productive people like me, I tend to like lending a hand anyways, so why not encourage people like us to help out? Lately I've been happy with the idea of cooking parties, where a dish is the main event and people are invited to help out making it and then enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
may or may not be defecting, we have yet to see

CheekyAET2004

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
"Pour in the tomatoes and the tomato paste and stir until the paste is
dissolved. Season lightly with salt. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat to
a lively simmer, and cook, uncovered, stirring often, until the sauce
takes on a deep, brick-red color, 2 to 3 hours. Add the hot water,
1/2 cup at a time, as necessary to maintain the level of liquid for the
length of time the sauce cooks." Just a small part of the instructions from Lidia's recipe

The bold part is where I said to myself, "No freakin way".

So I know it may seem like a TON of work but she is an amazing authentic Italian cook. I love her stuff! I made a simple tomato sauce from one of her inspired recipes a few weeks ago and felt like I was back in Italy: Classic Marinara Sauce Recipe - NYT Cooking You should try it!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
watch me crash and burn
it's beautiful, i think

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Young SJ supervisor talking to older, wiser, more humorless SJ supervisor in another department:

ESTJ: "Am I allowed to call my supervisees 'my minions' behind their backs?"
xSxJ: "Hahahahahahahaha! ...No."

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need to change my job sometime here soon, or I'm going to kill someone.

That, or I need to hobble around with a cane and blue jacket so I can start insulting everyone around me.

Seriously, did some alien mothership drop off a whole pile of morons in my area? If so, can they come back and get them?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I said I was leaving Vent to clean.

I lied and played my DS instead.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
where the fuck are the rest of the isfjs. why are there only like 2.5 of us on this website.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
where the fuck are the rest of the isfjs. why are there only like 2.5 of us on this website.

I don't think this site could handle that much more awesomeness

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would love to be awake without being tired just once.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have 0 patience for Si stereotypes anymore. And people need to stop watering it down to memory recall and nostalgia.