• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I’ll never understand these gimmick diets and why people buy into them so much.

How about you just don’t eat like shit and find some form of physical activity you like, and then you don’t have to deprive yourself of either nutrition or taste, bounce between dieting and not-dieting, and can feel good about a healthy, functioning body instead of making yourself a wreck over a skinny body? You get more energy and less stress.
Agreed!!
The only time dieting makes sense to me is when you're training for something -- e.g. a marathon, a bodybuilding contest, a photo shoot/theatrical production, a horse race. Otherwise, it should be a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have seen the top of the mountain. And it is good.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*Shoves off the mountain*

IT'S ALL MINE!

This mountain means more to me than it does to you. In the name of all that is good in this world...

I CAST THEE OUT

:duel:

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I read a news story about children who posted a scathing and honest obituary for their abusive mother, and I was surprised to read comments from people who were disbelieving or thought they were in the wrong.

What's the thinking behind this? Is it because it's easier to believe there are ungrateful and spoiled people in the world than it is to believe that there are monsters, and that the monsters aren't always obvious as painted in the media or unfeeling and inhuman as painted in fiction?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think it's easier to see some sort of wrongdoing and immediately judge it as wrong, rather than consider that it may be justified, and even after giving it this consideration some will still think it unjustified.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read a news story about children who posted a scathing and honest obituary for their abusive mother, and I was surprised to read comments from people who were disbelieving or thought they were in the wrong.

What's the thinking behind this? Is it because it's easier to believe there are ungrateful and spoiled people in the world than it is to believe that there are monsters, and that the monsters aren't always obvious as painted in the media or unfeeling and inhuman as painted in fiction?
I guess people are overly accustomed to the idea that the good in a person -- even if there's only a bit of good -- will be all there is in their obituary.

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I guess people are overly accustomed to the idea that the good in a person -- even if there's only a bit of good -- will be all there is in their obituary.

It seems more a shame to go along with it than to allow an alternative way to talk and think about the dead when it's the truth and the emotional freedom of victims that's being masked or denied. It's just another way for abusers to dodge the truth getting out as well as the social and emotional consequences that should exist for their actions (but often don't).

Maybe it just boils down to the emotional appeal and kneejerk reaction, like [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] said. My mother used us for years as pity cards and was a master of manipulation through emotions, even dodging CPS.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

As well as the taboo of speaking ill of the dead, perhaps just the idealistic desire that a woman wouldn't do that to her children. More appealing to think they're wrong.

Plus consider what it says about those who knew her if this abuse has successfully gone under everyone's radar for so long. Kind of makes you feel guilty to realize you've been sympathetic with an abuser.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me to my mother in our enclosed porch, in dress clothes: 'I'm being a rebel; I'm putting my feet on the table!'

I may, in fact, be lame. *insert cripple joke?*

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Me to my mother in our enclosed porch, in dress clothes: 'I'm being a rebel; I'm putting my feet on the table!'

I may, in fact, be lame. *insert cripple joke?*

Slow down, man... Next thing we know you'll be drinking regular coffee instead of decaf.

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Kinesthetic/visual learning and thinking worked together to fuck me at work. The paper cutter was, "That thing that... *makes a slicing motion with arms*"

Too late.

What is happening to me?!

This man needs an intervention, stat!

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
strange how infectious hostility is

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stubbed my toe last night and woke up at 3 am because it was throbbing. I am not happy.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so