• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Whenever I feel down on myself, someone comes along and reminds me it could be a lot worse.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it just me (that is, my experience, not me personally), or are the people who complain loudest about pettiness the most likely to be petty themselves?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is it just me (that is, my experience, not me personally), or are the people who complain loudest about pettiness the most likely to be petty themselves?

No, that's real. Haha

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, that's real. Haha
Ughh. :doh:

Literally the only people I know who've complained about it have been petty. Even friggin' Frank Underwood in "House of Cards" complains about pettiness, only to be petty as hell later on.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ughh. :doh:

Literally the only people I know who've complained about it have been petty. Even friggin' Frank Underwood in "House of Cards" complains about pettiness, only to be petty as hell later on.

It's like in high school all the girls who claim to "hate drama" are actually the ones that cause and thrive on it. :dry:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some days I think Pandora knows me better than I know myself. These are generally good days. :)

Sil

This is a test.
How long will it take me to learn Japanese? Will I even want to learn German?

My client is killing me with her inability to understand that multiple crazy serif fonts don't mix.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We have one of these?????

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Infiltrated.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Infiltrated.

Posting in here automatically makes you an SJ sorry I don't make the rules. Take your pick of SJ type. Like picking a starter pokemon.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
To prepare, or not to prepare, that - is the question!

:happy2:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Posting in here automatically makes you an SJ sorry I don't make the rules. Take your pick of SJ type. Like picking a starter pokemon.

Haha ESFJ you know it!! :)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I wonder how often Si is confused with Fi. More than people think. Si is about impressions, perceptions, reflecting on the past and applying it to the present and future, personal sentimentality...Si users could actually be extremely introspective and self-aware. Si notices internal changes and differences in reactions to feelings, right? I think SJ introverts especially would be prone to reflection, because that's what introverted functions do, and the psychic energy flows inward. ISFJs could be very skilled in the intrapersonal intelligence.

And then Fe...some sensitive ISFJs might be very attracted to the "kind, gentle" stereotype that is associated with INFPs. Fe wants to affect the world and make a difference, to leave an impact. That desire could lead to idealism, which is also an INFP stereotype. And I think it's safe to say that almost all of SJs - or at least the vast majority - have some connection to 1. Whether a core 1, a 2w1, a 9w1, or one of those as a fix. (Really, an ISFJ with absolutely no connection to 1 seems exceedingly rare.) 1 is all about rightness and how things ought to be, right? 1 is moral and principled, in tune with what is right and what is not. This could easily be mistaken for the INFP "core values" and "personal sense of what is right." Fe also knows what is right; morality is not exclusively Fi. Maybe Fe is just more prone to overarching, all-applicable rightness? Like, a strong morality that applies to humanity. That's just speculation though.

Ti...I know much less about this function in general. But I think Ti enjoys playing with logic. It develops internal systems of how things work and fit together, correct? This adds an intellectual side to the ISFJ. Their tertiary Ti is offended by the "stupid homebody" stereotype, so they would naturally claim another type. The ISFJ is perfectly capable of deep conversations - Si reflects on what used to be, Fe has insight into relationships and maybe humanity, and Ti has systems and internal logic. Imagine the philosophical conversations that could arise from that! Ne could also come into play by drawing parallels, metaphors, and connections - and might add a touch of quirkiness and idiosyncrasy that is always associated with NPs.

Si notices what is different, in the self and in others. This could provide profound insight into the nature of human beings and the fluidity of reality. And imagination isn't really a type thing - anyone can be funny.

A strong romantic streak could also stem from Si. "Remember the days of old, when all was rosy?" "I wish I could be carefree like a child again." "I want to read through all my old diaries and hold on to memorabilia so I can reflect." "I love thinking about who I used to be, and who I am now because of that." It could be hard for an ISFJ to hold on to reality, because they're prone to getting lost in past reflections and thoughts. Add that to their introversion and need to withdraw. This could totally lead to a dreamy disposition, like an INFP.

I know some of this is just weaving in what others have suggested here, but a great deal of it is my own thinking. What do you think?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need some Si/Te groundedness at the moment, so I'm gonna hang out here for a bit :laugh: