User Tag List

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

My friend kept insisting on offering me help. So eventually I asked her for help with a time-sensitive matter, and then she got mad at me for it. I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned somewhere in here, but what it is, I don't know.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

People IRL always state the obvious (I mean the painfully obvious) to me as if they are telling me something that I am unaware of already. There must be something about me that makes it seem that way.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    People IRL always state the obvious (I mean the painfully obvious) to me as if they are telling me something that I am unaware of already. There must be something about me that makes it seem that way.
    You have a kind of innocence and sweetness that I think a lot of people automatically associate with naïveté. Also, if I understand you correctly, you aren't very aggressive, so maybe people detect uncertainty in your passiveness.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I've learned not to take those things personally, because it usually has everything to do with them, and nothing to do with you. Some people just have a need to state the obvious, as the thought passes through their mind. And if they look as if they're sharing some big insight, it usually means that it just occurred to them, so they assume no one else has figured it out yet, or they just feel the need to blurt it out.

I had a roommate once who would go into long, mind-numbing explanations of the most blatantly obvious things, and then repeat it all!!!

Unfortunately, I think I picked up the habit of repeating things, but actually, I think it has served me well. I'm kinda torn about that cuz I find it annoying when people repeat themselves, so I hope that doesn't make me annoying. I don't even realize I'm doing it, I just notice afterwards occasionally.

PS - I've also learned to say "got it" when people go into more in-depth explanation than I need. I used to just politely listen, but sometimes that gets misinterpreted and they just go on and on. But occasionally, I'll listen anyway, to see if anything else comes up that I didn't know. That's fun, too, when it's coming from someone smart and knowledgeable.

Edit: What do you think?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I don't know what to make of tenants who owe the owner over a $1000 in back rent, smoked in the house, and stained the walls and carpets of the home to where we have to repaint and have the carpets professionally cleaned, who then come in and ask if they can have their security deposit back. Seriously people? You're lucky the owner isn't suing you!!!!!
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You have a kind of innocence and sweetness that I think a lot of people automatically associate with naïveté. Also, if I understand you correctly, you aren't very aggressive, so maybe people detect uncertainty in your passiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Edit: What do you think?
    I think it's sometimes what Magic said and sometimes what you said (people just liking to flesh out their thoughts aloud). It just depends on the person and I think I can tell the difference between the two - one is meant to be helpful and the other is just noise. Mind you, I'm not bothered by stuff like this at all but it was a dynamic I noted for the first time yesterday.

I may even do it to other people too.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I don't know what to make of tenants who owe the owner over a $1000 in back rent, smoked in the house, and stained the walls and carpets of the home to where we have to repaint and have the carpets professionally cleaned, who then come in and ask if they can have their security deposit back. Seriously people? You're lucky the owner isn't suing you!!!!!
    Did they seem upset or puzzled when you said no?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Did they seem upset or puzzled when you said no?
    Both, as if they had done nothing wrong and couldn't see the consequences of their actions. It amazes me to no end.
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

This was so funny to me.

http://thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Ugh....Dentist appointment...do not want :/
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

This was so funny to me.

http://thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm
    That is the most horrifying thing I have ever seen.

I guess the Filet O Fish looked similar... but the rest... *shudder*
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!