User Tag List

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

Speaking of YouTube, I just followed this link from Reddit and am wtf/loling so hard right now.

Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Sometimes I really think life wants me dead, but I'm not going anywhere. Out of spite, bitch.

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes an hero liked this post

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I growled again but this time, it was a low growl. So the waitress starts to take my order but someone waves at her and she walks away, so I growled. I don't think she heard me though. I'd tweet it to the world but I'm not on some obscure tv show so I doubt people would care.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I growled again but this time, it was a low growl. So the waitress starts to take my order but someone waves at her and she walks away, so I growled. I don't think she heard me though. I'd tweet it to the world but I'm not on some obscure tv show so I doubt people would care.
    Its that pness feeling. You screamt loud but nobody heard it, but you still got pness. Aint that bad
    Bad Santa
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well, once we lived in a society based on scarcity, but now we live in a society based on plenty.

Once we lived in a society based on might is right, but now we live in a society based on the rule of law.

Once we lived in a spoken culture, but now we live in a literate culture.

And once we lived in a literate culture, but now we live in an electronic culture.

Once we lived in a society based on money, now we live in a society based on attention. We now live in the Attention Society and we pay each other in attention.

Our main problem is that we are paying exorbitant attention to a tiny one percent and paying little or no attention to each other.

Americans are good at revolution, so may I ask them to have an Attention Revolution?
    I don't know if what I do is all for attention, but it's probably a common need, especially among ExFx types. I would imagine an attention revolution either as everyone suddenly realizing that they don't need (so much) attention, or a spontaneous shrinking of everyone's world so that they occupy a relatively larger space, making attention easier to get.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

I like my life.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes an hero liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I don't know if what I do is all for attention, but it's probably a common need, especially among ExFx types. I would imagine an attention revolution either as everyone suddenly realizing that they don't need (so much) attention, or a spontaneous shrinking of everyone's world so that they occupy a relatively larger space, making attention easier to get.
    The answer is simple: we cease paying attention to celebrities and start paying attention to one another.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

So I was looking at the old yearbooks and I noticed that only the senior class pictures were in color. Do schools still do this to save money? Not only were the other classes in black and white, but they were smaller. Sure seniors are more important, but the school could've raised more money to put out a higher quality product. I'm sure schools are putting out DVD yearbooks with video on them these days.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    So I was looking at the old yearbooks and I noticed that only the senior class pictures were in color. Do schools still do this to save money? Not only were the other classes in black and white, but they were smaller. Sure seniors are more important, but the school could've raised more money to put out a higher quality product. I'm sure schools are putting out DVD yearbooks with video on them these days.
    So since I randomly have hs yearbooks nearby, I flipped through them. Nope, every page was in color.

Though I live in a upper-middle class area and the yearbooks were pretty expensive IIRC. I have no idea why I have some.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I really have a strange ESFP sample group: two nerdy mid-twenties guys with no artistic ability and no idea when to stop pontificating.

Part of a general trend of knowing very few SPs, and even fewer that I actually like. In contrast, I'm completely surrounded by NFs.

?!?
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!