• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My bitchy baby Ti can be mistaken for Fi but I don't have a lick of real Fi in me.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
SJ forum = spam, romantic questions that ultimately are a) not type related b) banal af c) if u used some common sense you could probably deal with it yourself d) would've been better in the relationship forum, we don't even get the 'fun' posts like NFs and SPs

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I read A Wrinkle in Time when I was a kid because it had an interesting cover, but the book itself made zero impression on me. I didn't enjoy it one bit. How many kids actually liked that book? Apparently, the guys who produced/funded this movie must've loved it.

They should do a live action adaptation of The Chronicles of Prydain.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Disclaimer that type does not reflect stupidity, but it makes me wonder what this guy's type is (on top of his damage). Fe seems to be in there, since he gets angry based on some kind of Ne-Ti working, and if he doesn't have Fe he wouldn't give a shit (albeit in this fucking dysfunctional, idiotic way) either, so I'm going with either really dumb INTP or really dumb ENTP, with a side of approval addict (narc supply?possibly, but hmm) and shit that comes with attention-seeking idiocy. Not quite introvert enough to be INTP, just extravert enough to be ENTP, and a Ti with rubbish foundations the size of his fragile ego. Idiocy aside, complete rubbish at attention to details plus compliancy to how he's always done things (but like, stupid, neither scientific nor evidence based) seems to be inferior Si.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I greatly enjoyed Denzel's "The Equalizer". As I see it, there are lots of evil men on the planet and eliminating these people will make the world a much better place. This is probably why the 50s were such a great period around the world - many of the evil bastards were killed in WW2.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Current mood

tumblr_p6x76wRxG21urmckio1_540.jpg

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
We often use the word "Hypothermia" but never "HypERthermia." it's always called something else. Hm.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I knew that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the Alphabet Song had the same notes, but I didn't know Mary Had A Little Lamb and London Bridges Falling Down had the same notes.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I knew that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the Alphabet Song had the same notes, but I didn't know Mary Had A Little Lamb and London Bridges Falling Down had the same notes.
Not in my universe. You can sing both songs to either melody, but (ignoring key difference) the notes are different:
mary.png

London-Bridge.png

Another song that uses the Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star melody is Baa Baa Black Sheep. There are lots of songs that use the same melody, sometimes in odd combinations. The Irish folk song Star of the County Down is the same melody as I Heard the Voice of Jesus, and can also be used to sing Christmas carols like O Little Town of Bethlehem and It Came Upon the Midnight Clear. Then there are the things I sometimes hear in songs, despite the best intentions of the composer. I played two this morning. One was reminiscent of 99 bottles of beer on the wall; the other had an interlude that sounded suspiciously like one of the songs in Phantom of the Opera. Of course I always make sure to point out these things to the choir.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Can't pizza places make a pizza that isn't soaked in oil? I understand that certain meats like pepperoni contain tons of oil, but you'd think that pizza places will have found a solution to this problem by now. We don't like oil-soaked pizza crusts; fix it.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I keep a notebook of random thoughts. Sometimes I wonder if that defeats the purpose or gives it purpose.

Metis

I keep a notebook of random thoughts. Sometimes I wonder if that defeats the purpose or gives it purpose.

Neither. It serves different purposes. It can help you remember them; it can inspire more thoughts or more complexity regarding your ideas; it can help you get in writing mode, so that if/when you want to write a book, you can get into a writing mindset easily.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have a suggestion for the Girl Scouts; please stop selling cookies and sell something else. Sell some dried mangos, persimmons, or trail mix instead.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember when I used to question how much of a J I was becuase I was lazy and unmotivated. I wish being a J magically gave you motivational powers.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not sure why they can't make springform cake pans that don't leak. Maybe that Dyson guy can come up with an ingenious solution.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure why they can't make springform cake pans that don't leak. Maybe that Dyson guy can come up with an ingenious solution.

Probably. But it'll cost you $300. ;)