• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought about keeping a journal a few times. I don't trust the people I live with.

The part about being controlling. My family describes me in that way often, as they have for years.
You're also a 3w2, and both type 3 and type 2 can be controlling.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If Jung's model is truly as the site describes it probably is far more accurate than other types ofdescription (imo) since it's so distinct. I found this useful because it shows the vices, vices of te is vastly different from se
Enantiodromia: How a Type Becomes Its Opposite - Psychological Types

Still hard to tell, but my response is the same as before.
I think the Hubris of dominant Te and the Nemesis of inferior Fi describe me better than the Hubris of dominant Se and the Nemesis of inferior Ni.

- - - Updated - - -

You're also a 3w2, and both type 3 and type 2 can be controlling.

So can Enneagram 8, which I also have. Makes it even harder to tell. :shrug:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So can Enneagram 8, which I also have. Makes it even harder to tell. :shrug:
All I can say is, you strongly vibe Se-first to me, and don't vibe ESTJ at all. And if you have multiple control- and organization-oriented enneagram connections, it would make sense for you to have more developed J than other ESTPs.

EDIT: Also, fwiw, I find Jung's writing to be incredibly dense and unnecessarily difficult to grasp, even if he is the Original Source Material for what we're on this forum to talk about. Might be easier to make sense out of Se and Te via other sources. Have you made a "what's my type" thread yet?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All I can say is, you strongly vibe Se-first to me, and don't vibe ESTJ at all. And if you have multiple control- and organization-oriented enneagram connections, it would make sense for you to have more developed J than other ESTPs.

But I don't really care about controlling other people's lives. It's no concern of mine. It's their life.
I'm the same with my own life. It's mine. I don't want anybody telling me how to operate it, unless I ask, which I almost never do.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I don't really care about controlling other people's lives. It's no concern of mine. It's their life.
I'm the same with my own life. It's mine. I don't want anybody telling me how to operate it, unless I ask, which I almost never do.
Control-focus doesn't have to involve controlling others. Also, what you just wrote out is textbook 8.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Control-focus doesn't have to involve controlling others. Also, what you just wrote out is textbook 8.

I've been pretty sure that I had it for a while. Even though some people keep telling me CP 6. They're wrong. I'm not afraid. I'm not pushing people to test their loyalty to me. It's not about their support. If they don't like me, forget them. I'm awesome. It's their problem. I only push them when they're pushing on my boundaries. Sometimes there's not even a point in doing that, though.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@EJCC

Round Two lol

And it sucks, cause I want people to like me, but they don't, I have no friends. But I'm always doing what I can to be a good friend. Nobody ever sees that. I guess they're not even looking for it. It's like everything I do, to try and get people to like me, most of the time is all pointless. They end up being completely apathetic about a friendship with me. They don't see it cause I don't show it, but MAN does that hurt.

"Here's my contribution. Now love me!"
"Nope."

-silent angry face, then I cut them from my life-

You can't make people like you, though. All you can do is try. The rest is up to them.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I've also seldom seen an ESTP that isn't capable of socially luring people in as friends since they use Fe so well (just enough to lure people in). The description with friends sound like classic Te-Fi.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've also seldom seen an ESTP that isn't capable of socially luring people in as friends since they use Fe so well (just enough to lure people in). The description with friends sound like classic Te-Fi.

This is a pickle. On the one hand, an ESTJ says ESTP. On the other hand, a probable Ti user says Te user. :doh:

I'm tempted to talk about my experience with a guy that I think is an ESTP, and he's a jerk, so I had to cut him from my life.
But . . . since my understanding of mbti isn't that reliable, maybe I should just keep that to myself.

Oh well, you can take it or leave it. :shrug:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a pickle. On the one hand, an ESTJ says ESTP. On the other hand, a probable Ti user says Te user. :doh:

I'm tempted to talk about my experience with a guy that I think is an ESTP, and he's a jerk, so I had to cut him from my life.
But . . . since my understanding of mbti isn't that reliable, maybe I should just keep that to myself.

It's possible that you're just a very stream-of-consciousness and less structured ESTJ. I don't actually know you that well, and in the end, it's up to you what you relate most to.

I need to remind myself sometimes that e1 ESTJs aren't actually that common, relatively speaking, so I'm necessarily going to be much more controlled, structured, and J-heavy than the average ESTJ.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found this Jung’s Si, Abridged - Psychological Types

This type is oriented by the intensity of his subjective perceptions, rather than the intensity of external stimuli. As a result, it’s impossible for an outsider to reliably predict what will excite or make an impression on him. His introverted attitude stands between himself and objective reality, and in extreme cases, it’s almost as if he were shielding himself from the latter’s influence. He keeps his physical environment in a state of comfortable homeostasis for this reason. The too high is damped down, and the too low raised up, to match his subjective formula. If he’s blindsided by a particularly strong sensation, or his environment is disrupted, his oddly disproportionate reaction will demonstrate his unrelatedness to objective reality.

He might stand out by his calmness and rational self-control in the face of turbulent conditions, but it has nothing to do with rationality. He devalues the objective influences, his subjective perception standing over and above them, and this being the decisive factor in his actions and decisions. If he had a way of expressing himself, for example if he were a creative artist, the irrational and idiosyncratic nature of his perceptions would be apparent. His articulate judging functions are relatively unconscious, so they aren’t much use. Therefore, this type is one of the most difficult to understand, both for himself and for others.​

Nice find. Also +1 ISFJ point for me. This is a very good fit.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's possible that you're just a very stream-of-consciousness and less structured ESTJ. I don't actually know you that well, and in the end, it's up to you what you relate most to.

I need to remind myself sometimes that e1 ESTJs aren't actually that common, relatively speaking, so I'm necessarily going to be much more controlled, structured, and J-heavy than the average ESTJ.

All I can think to say right now is that I'm just overwhelmed.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

I use both Ti and Fe, as well as Fi and Te. It's not super hard to switch between modes if you're basically ... educated and also a huge nerd.

...But anyway, IIIII don't think "archetypes" should be considered anything more than "archetypes", and I believe good science (except ethics) is descriptive, not prescriptive, so go with whatever you want. It's no skin off my back.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Online, I don't think i've met a self-typed "ENTJ" that's not a fucking self-aggrandizing bastard. (Online NTs are so. Often.)

Offline, I think that guy is an ENTJ and is actually pretty cool.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Online, I don't think i've met a self-typed "ENTJ" that's not a fucking self-aggrandizing bastard. (Online NTs are so. Often.)

Offline, I think that guy is an ENTJ and is actually pretty cool.

I have not met one ENTJ that I like, online or offline. :dry:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have not met one ENTJ that I like, online or offline. :dry:
One of my best RL friends is an ENTJ. We are like two sides of the same coin.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One of my best RL friends is an ENTJ. We are like two sides of the same coin.

Just as I have met ISTJs that I would have liked to be friends with, but we grew apart. They were not interested in the things that I was.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just as I have met ISTJs that I would have liked to be friends with, but we grew apart. They were not interested in the things that I was.
Which types do you find yourself befriending most often?