Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    ???? Where and when in the world did I say that? All I am saying is to not baselessly generalize and put down an entire type. Do you do the same when talking about black people? Gay people? Women?

Furthermore, you again don't know the context of my first statement. Someone directed something at me not in a public post. I would hope you would understand that I have the right to be upset for that.
    The purpose of type is not only to tell what's good about you, but also the things you need to work on? Am I wrong? Lol. As long as they're not unreasonable and can be given ways of working out things. I see no attacks on type to be unreasonable. I stand by Amargith's philosophy on this.

BUT when they're just baseless attacks that have no solution or are completely unfounded upon. Then that's just trolling.

For example (I'll use my type so no one will get torn lol)

Bad: All INFJ's when reaching a state of unhealthiness should go to a mental institution.
    Why: Unhealthiness was not defined. Could be just a white lie to full out murder. We do not know. Too vague. Therefore a useless attack.

Good: INFJ's can be overconfident about their visions and intuitions. They should withhold judgments until they read and understand the situation fully from all sides.
    Why: A suggestion was made. Nothing was undermining them, but merely pointing out a flaw. And the flaw isn't fixed, but rather situational.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Yes, so far one person thinks Gidget might be a pomeranian and that certainly works.
    I looked it up cuz I was dying of curiosity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Pets

Gidget (Jenny Slate), a white Pomeranian that has a crush on Max, finds out that he went missing.
    Apparently I was right! I'm so smart :0

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko
    Apparently I was right! I'm so smart :0
    Nicely done. I thought she was an angora cat, but the nose and the tail didn't seem right.

If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    @Yamato Nadeshiko @themightyfetus

Do ISFJs (or even ESFJs) do the thing where they absorb other peoples feelings (like the empath thing), or is that something only NFJs do?
    Ohh yes. If somebody else is crying, I can feel it. Then afterwards I have to go find somewhere to let it all out.
    I'm very in-tune with the emotional vibe of places. That being said, I'm not a complete mirror. I have my own feelings and I'm not afraid to be real about them. If people around me are happy and I'm heartbroken, I won't absorb the feelings.

It does go the other way around though. If I'm very happy and everybody around me is heartbroken, my heart will break with them.

What sucks is that I do not know how to react to other people's feelings externally. This is why I used to think I was Fi (before I knew what it was and wasn't). I'm well-versed in reflecting on my own feelings and dealing with them accordingly, but with other people...I'm feeling all their pain so deeply on the inside, but on the outside I'm like a stick in the mud. I just internalize it all and it's really uncomfortable. But at the same time, I really want my close friends to come to me when they're sad. I want to get better at the whole comforting thing.

Didn't mean to go off on a long tangent. Just had to throw in a little anti-stereotype thing there. But in short...

NFJs don't corner the market on empathy.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Smilephantomhive, EJCC liked this post

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Ohh yes. If somebody else is crying, I can feel it. Then afterwards I have to go find somewhere to let it all out.
    I'm very in-tune with the emotional vibe of places. That being said, I'm not a complete mirror. I have my own feelings and I'm not afraid to be real about them. If people around me are happy and I'm heartbroken, I won't absorb the feelings.

It does go the other way around though. If I'm very happy and everybody around me is heartbroken, my heart will break with them.

What sucks is that I do not know how to react to other people's feelings externally. This is why I used to think I was Fi (before I knew what it was and wasn't). I'm well-versed in reflecting on my own feelings and dealing with them accordingly, but with other people...I'm feeling all their pain so deeply on the inside, but on the outside I'm like a stick in the mud. I just internalize it all and it's really uncomfortable. But at the same time, I really want my close friends to come to me when they're sad. I want to get better at the whole comforting thing.
    So negative emotions affect you more than positive emotions. I wonder if this has to do with the negativity bias.

I was just wonder if Ni-Fe did the emotion absorbing thing or if it was just Fe. (it might also not be function related, but some people make it sound like it is).
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Didn't mean to go off on a long tangent. Just had to throw in a little anti-stereotype thing there. But in short...

Ohhh this would kill me. I don't know how you do it. If I felt others emotions just as strongly as I felt my own just based on being around them, I'd go mad. Massive props there. I can be empathetic, very much so actually, but the only way I can do that is if I chat with a person a while to wring out the exact set of emotions they're feeling, then I sort of search my own bank of emotions and put the correct "blend" of emotions together on, to get myself in the same mindset. If I haven't personally experienced their emotions, I sort of have to guess. I don't consciously think of emotions in this way, but came to the realization as I reflected more on my thought process and how I work with emotions and those of others. It's definitely a "T" approach to emotions if you will, a problem-solving sort of way to deal with them, but hey, it's worked for me all these years.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    So negative emotions affect you more than positive emotions. I wonder if this has to do with the negativity bias.

I was just wonder if Ni-Fe did the emotion absorbing thing or if it was just Fe. (it might also not be function related, but some people make it sound like it is).
    I would guess it may alter how one absorbs or understands emotions perhaps? With me, emotions are tossed around just like any other piece of knowledge. I also treat them in a very problem-solvy way, almost like some mental exercise. Well, let me clarify, I treat other people's emotional problems like working a puzzle, my own are a whole different story. I think that can all be attributed to the whole Ne/Fi, and then even Te relationship. I literally give nothing a hierarchy. All of my knowledge, including emotional understandings, are tossed around like a salad, together, then deduced and figured out, pieced together like any other puzzle. Maybe this could be a new thread topic? This is interesting!
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I would guess it may alter how one absorbs or understands emotions perhaps? With me, emotions are tossed around just like any other piece of knowledge. I also treat them in a very problem-solvy way, almost like some mental exercise. Well, let me clarify, I treat other people's emotional problems like working a puzzle, my own are a whole different story. I think that can all be attributed to the whole Ne/Fi, and then even Te relationship. I literally give nothing a hierarchy. All of my knowledge, including emotional understandings, are tossed around like a salad, together, then deduced and figured out, pieced together like any other puzzle. Maybe this could be a new thread topic? This is interesting!
    So a thread about how different types process emotions? That would be neat. Who wants to make it?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

So many things are going well for me but I feel like an ass when I talk about them. I also suspect people will start expecting more from me now.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.

Also, did you know that a pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. If you didn't, you do now.