• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ sounds likely, then, assuming it's a baseline for you. ESTJ also uses Fi, so FP could be in there if the others suit you better.

The only way I could see myself being an ESTJ, is if I lead with Enneagram 4. What would that be like?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
The only way I could see myself being an ESTJ, is if I lead with Enneagram 4. What would that be like?

Uhhhh Probably someone who tries to take charge of their environment and maybe other people (...not necessarily other people) as a way to distinguish themselves? I'm not familiar with enneagram.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Uhhhh Probably someone who tries to take charge of their environment and maybe other people (...not necessarily other people) as a way to distinguish themselves? I'm not familiar with enneagram.

I appreciate you telling me that anyway.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
ok time to be frivolous
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa assdfkjkjfkk how do i stop being in love with an IDEA, GODDAMNIT

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
There's idealists that I love and there's idealists that I want to shoot tbqh

Me, someone who's been betrayed everytime i trust, : I only trust one or two people who are [attribute here]
Person who barely interacts with me, has done absolutely jack shit for me, etc: omg hdu everyone deserves benefit of doubt~!!!!!

Me: ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

like who do you think you are??????? didn't ask thanks, also your feelings are fucking useless, go have diarrhea for a week

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shout out to all my SJ's!

I guess I'm here because I'm wondering if Introverts live in their own world? I mean like, they are not really in tune enough with what's going on outside of themselves. Of course, this can be a benefit in some circumstances and a detriment in others. And the opposite is true for Extroverts, as well. In fact, I've been dealing with more extroverts who can't really entertain themselves or sometimes can't formulate their own thoughts without the help of others to guide them. They just don't take the time to introspect and don't even know how to. I don't know what to do with these people or how to deal with them.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
Shout out to all my SJ's!

I guess I'm here because I'm wondering if Introverts live in their own world? I mean like, they are not really in tune enough with what's going on outside of themselves. Of course, this can be a benefit in some circumstances and a detriment in others. And the opposite is true for Extroverts, as well. In fact, I've been dealing with more extroverts who can't really entertain themselves or sometimes can't formulate their own thoughts without the help of others to guide them. They just don't take the time to introspect and don't even know how to. I don't know what to do with these people or how to deal with them.

I posted a long message on this subject (Extraversion vs. Introversion) in a blog. I pretty much agreed with you. Here's a link to the message: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...own-spin-psychological-types.html#post2935147

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I posted a long message on this subject (Extraversion vs. Introversion) in a blog. I pretty much agreed with you. Here's a link to the message: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...own-spin-psychological-types.html#post2935147
Yes!! That’s it. Nailed it. I get the introverts. It’s the extroverts I don’t get. I’m dealing with lots of them lately. I’m wondering if they COULD introspect. Are they capable but just don’t want to because they are lazy? I find that they want me to do the work of introspecting for them.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes!! That’s it. Nailed it. I get the introverts. It’s the extroverts I don’t get. I’m dealing with lots of them lately. I’m wondering if they COULD introspect. Are they capable but just don’t want to because they are lazy? I find that they want me to do the work of introspecting for them.

You just do it so much better than them. They recognize that and give you preference on that sort of activity.

It's like when you go to a restaurant with a bunch of extraverts. I'm sure that you could extravert if you were on your own. But if you have extraverts along with you, then you will probably sit back and chill and let the extraverts deal with the waiters and noise and fuss. You probably give preference to extraverts when it's time to extravert, and they honor your strengths and give preference to you when it's time to introvert.

Or something like that, I imagine. :)

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
WHAT DO YOU MEAN SWALLOW THE SUN IS A METAL BAND AND NOT A POST ROCK BAND. WHO MADE THESE RULES. I AM CONFUSED

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I decided that after months of searching for answers, I am infact an ESTJ. I know this sounds weird but it fits.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I decided that after months of searching for answers, I am infact an ESTJ. I know this sounds weird but it fits.

Two TPs that I've talked with more extensively than anybody else about my type said that I'm ESTJ. :shrug:

I'm open to it, I could see it, it would make sense. I dunno yet.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two TPs that I've talked with more extensively than anybody else about my type said that I'm ESTJ. :shrug:

I'm open to it, I could see it, it would make sense. I dunno yet.

People underestimate Si, and the more you actually study Typology, the more you discover that Si is different to what people say it is.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People underestimate Si, and the more you actually study Typology, the more you discover that Si is different to what people say it is.

I know what people say about it. So what is Si?

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
I need an internet parent to advise me...

How do I know if the nausea and discomfort I feel after I try to eat a normal sized meal is real or all in my head?

I haven't been able to eat that much this week, but I can't tell if I'm just being a hypochondriac or not. Like, if I think about it it gets worse and if I don't, it gets better.

I have a history of being a hypochondriac, but I like food.

Also I'm not going to immediately run out to the doctor for relatively mild symptoms unless it lasts for a long time (like at least a week).

Thanks.

Play with over-the-counter stomach medications. Take an H2 blocker before a big dinner and then a second one after eating, and see if that helps. Then try eating dinner the next day without any meds and see if it makes a difference.

H2 blockers = Zantac (generic = ranitidine), Pepcid (generic = famotidine), Tagamet (generic = cimetidine), etc.

Alternatively, for immediate relief of an ongoing upset, use a standard antacid and see if that makes your stomach feel better. Should work just about instantly. Best ones in my opinion are Mylanta and Maalox, but other alternatives include Gaviscon, Pepto, Tums, Rolaids, etc.

Note: The usual disclaimers about medical advice from strangers over the Internet apply here.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The classic potato salad at Ralphs has 540 mg sodium per serving while the mustard potato salad has 710 mg sodium. That's way too salty; I hope Trader Joes has more sense.

Edit for update: Trader Joe's classic potato salad has 370 mg sodium. Just grabbed some minutes ago.

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Alright, I've worked at my job for 3 months now, and I think I have some typings decided for a few of my coworkers.

Coworker 1: ISTJ. Media lab lead, so the one I work the closest with. She's great, I adore her.
Coworker 2: ENFP. Definitely some kind of Ne / NP type, and this seems to be the best fit. She's cool and we get along well. Likes being silly.
Coworker 3: INFP. Or at the very least, IxFP. Very strong Fi dom vibes. We get along good, which is good because if I wasn't on her good side she would probably irritate me a lot in the way Fi doms normally do when they're stubborn and disagreeable.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5789]Beorn[/MENTION] taught me about bitcoin and stocks and investing. I'm smart now!

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
mfw no XXTJs to guide me

mfw gotta guide myself by asking "what would fictional ISTJ character do?"