User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Results 441 to 450 of 814

  1. #441
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    I think my tolerance levels for SJ hate have just about plummeted into the negatives.
    Likes Haven, an hero, themightyfetus liked this post

  2. #442
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    Maybe it is completely stereotypical, but I really do love doing certain things during certain times of the year. Swimming in summer, eating and drinking pumpkin shit in October, peppermint around Christmas.

    Something about things being "seasonal" really do many them more enjoyable for me. I know not everyone's the same... but fuck, I like when things feel "special" because of the seasonal nature to them. I like being able to find enjoyment in little things like that.

    Pumpkin just don't taste as good when it ain't October.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  3. #443
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1fx sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Maybe it is completely stereotypical, but I really do love doing certain things during certain times of the year. Swimming in summer, eating and drinking pumpkin shit in October, peppermint around Christmas.

    Something about things being "seasonal" really do many them more enjoyable for me. I know not everyone's the same... but fuck, I like when things feel "special" because of the seasonal nature to them. I like being able to find enjoyment in little things like that.

    Pumpkin just don't taste as good when it ain't October.
    What do you like to do during Spring?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar

  4. #444
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    What do you like to do during Spring?
    Cry.

    Hah, well in spring it's finally not cold as shit anymore and not quite too hot, so it's nice to just go outside and go on walks. Weather that's good for being outside is a rare occurrence in Arizona. It's hard to enjoy outdoor activities any other time of the year. :p

    Frisbee! What a fantastic spring activity. I wish I had a frisbee. And friends to play frisbee with.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

  5. #445
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.

  6. #446
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,858

    Default

    When I uploaded my avatar, I thought Gidget was a cat, but now I'm not sure. It's the fluffy tail. I don't think cats have fluffy tails; that's more of a dog feature.
    "The problem in Venezuela is not that socialism has been poorly implemented, but that socialism has been faithfully implemented." President Trump, speech to the UN General Assembly, Sept. 19, 2017
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  7. #447
    lords of summer EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.
    Your average philosophy class, much like your average english or math class, is not super effective at teaching students the utility of the source material. If you have a good teacher, it's different.

    I've enjoyed philosophy classes when they've helped explain cultural phenomena. When they've helped me understand the world at large. When they've explained the history of the modern world (intellectual or otherwise). I have NOT enjoyed philosophy classes when they've basically been academic circle-jerks.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes yama, Cloudpatrol liked this post

  8. #448
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1fx sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    When I uploaded my avatar, I thought Gidget was a cat, but now I'm not sure. It's the fluffy tail. I don't think cats have fluffy tails; that's more of a dog feature.
    Is it from the PETS movie?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar

  9. #449
    AK Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.
    *appears in a puff of SP smoke*

    I didn't hate it and was able to get into it, though it may have helped that in both philosophy classes I took, the teacher chemistry was all but perfect for me. Away from those settings, I haven't studied it much.

    Somewhere, I read that type is less about what we're interested in than why it interests us and how we learn it. That sounds right.

    *vanishes*
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes EJCC, yama, Cloudpatrol liked this post

  10. #450
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Somewhere, I read that type is less about what we're interested in than why it interests us and how we learn it. That sounds right.
    Sounds accurate. My favorite kind of philosophy besides logic (where I had a teacher who I clicked with so well I decided to work with him for a while) has always been ethics and morality.
    Likes Video, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thought Thread
    By Snuggletron in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 74342
    Last Post: Today, 01:52 PM
  2. The random philosophy thought thread
    By Evee in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 06:09 PM
  3. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts