User Tag List

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I think my tolerance levels for SJ hate have just about plummeted into the negatives.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes Haven, an hero, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Maybe it is completely stereotypical, but I really do love doing certain things during certain times of the year. Swimming in summer, eating and drinking pumpkin shit in October, peppermint around Christmas.

Something about things being "seasonal" really do many them more enjoyable for me. I know not everyone's the same... but fuck, I like when things feel "special" because of the seasonal nature to them. I like being able to find enjoyment in little things like that.

Pumpkin just don't taste as good when it ain't October.

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Maybe it is completely stereotypical, but I really do love doing certain things during certain times of the year. Swimming in summer, eating and drinking pumpkin shit in October, peppermint around Christmas.

Something about things being "seasonal" really do many them more enjoyable for me. I know not everyone's the same... but fuck, I like when things feel "special" because of the seasonal nature to them. I like being able to find enjoyment in little things like that.

Pumpkin just don't taste as good when it ain't October.
    What do you like to do during Spring?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    What do you like to do during Spring?
    Cry.

Hah, well in spring it's finally not cold as shit anymore and not quite too hot, so it's nice to just go outside and go on walks. Weather that's good for being outside is a rare occurrence in Arizona. It's hard to enjoy outdoor activities any other time of the year. :p

Frisbee! What a fantastic spring activity. I wish I had a frisbee. And friends to play frisbee with.

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

When I uploaded my avatar, I thought Gidget was a cat, but now I'm not sure. It's the fluffy tail. I don't think cats have fluffy tails; that's more of a dog feature.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.
    Your average philosophy class, much like your average english or math class, is not super effective at teaching students the utility of the source material. If you have a good teacher, it's different.

I've enjoyed philosophy classes when they've helped explain cultural phenomena. When they've helped me understand the world at large. When they've explained the history of the modern world (intellectual or otherwise). I have NOT enjoyed philosophy classes when they've basically been academic circle-jerks.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, Cloudpatrol liked this post

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    When I uploaded my avatar, I thought Gidget was a cat, but now I'm not sure. It's the fluffy tail. I don't think cats have fluffy tails; that's more of a dog feature.
    Is it from the PETS movie?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

*appears in a puff of SP smoke*

I didn't hate it and was able to get into it, though it may have helped that in both philosophy classes I took, the teacher chemistry was all but perfect for me. Away from those settings, I haven't studied it much.

Somewhere, I read that type is less about what we're interested in than why it interests us and how we learn it. That sounds right.

*vanishes*
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes EJCC, Yamato Nadeshiko, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Somewhere, I read that type is less about what we're interested in than why it interests us and how we learn it. That sounds right.
    Sounds accurate. My favorite kind of philosophy besides logic (where I had a teacher who I clicked with so well I decided to work with him for a while) has always been ethics and morality.

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes Alaska, Cloudpatrol liked this post