• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My friend kept insisting on offering me help. So eventually I asked her for help with a time-sensitive matter, and then she got mad at me for it. I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned somewhere in here, but what it is, I don't know.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People IRL always state the obvious (I mean the painfully obvious) to me as if they are telling me something that I am unaware of already. There must be something about me that makes it seem that way.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People IRL always state the obvious (I mean the painfully obvious) to me as if they are telling me something that I am unaware of already. There must be something about me that makes it seem that way.

You have a kind of innocence and sweetness that I think a lot of people automatically associate with naïveté. Also, if I understand you correctly, you aren't very aggressive, so maybe people detect uncertainty in your passiveness.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9

I've learned not to take those things personally, because it usually has everything to do with them, and nothing to do with you. Some people just have a need to state the obvious, as the thought passes through their mind. And if they look as if they're sharing some big insight, it usually means that it just occurred to them, so they assume no one else has figured it out yet, or they just feel the need to blurt it out.

I had a roommate once who would go into long, mind-numbing explanations of the most blatantly obvious things, and then repeat it all!!! :shock:

Unfortunately, I think I picked up the habit of repeating things, but actually, I think it has served me well. I'm kinda torn about that cuz I find it annoying when people repeat themselves, so I hope that doesn't make me annoying. :unsure: I don't even realize I'm doing it, I just notice afterwards occasionally.

PS - I've also learned to say "got it" when people go into more in-depth explanation than I need. I used to just politely listen, but sometimes that gets misinterpreted and they just go on and on. But occasionally, I'll listen anyway, to see if anything else comes up that I didn't know. That's fun, too, when it's coming from someone smart and knowledgeable.

Edit: What do you think?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what to make of tenants who owe the owner over a $1000 in back rent, smoked in the house, and stained the walls and carpets of the home to where we have to repaint and have the carpets professionally cleaned, who then come in and ask if they can have their security deposit back. Seriously people? You're lucky the owner isn't suing you!!!!! :thelook:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have a kind of innocence and sweetness that I think a lot of people automatically associate with naïveté. Also, if I understand you correctly, you aren't very aggressive, so maybe people detect uncertainty in your passiveness.

Edit: What do you think?

I think it's sometimes what Magic said and sometimes what you said (people just liking to flesh out their thoughts aloud). It just depends on the person and I think I can tell the difference between the two - one is meant to be helpful and the other is just noise. Mind you, I'm not bothered by stuff like this at all but it was a dynamic I noted for the first time yesterday.

I may even do it to other people too.

I don't know what to make of tenants who owe the owner over a $1000 in back rent, smoked in the house, and stained the walls and carpets of the home to where we have to repaint and have the carpets professionally cleaned, who then come in and ask if they can have their security deposit back. Seriously people? You're lucky the owner isn't suing you!!!!! :thelook:

Did they seem upset or puzzled when you said no?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did they seem upset or puzzled when you said no?

Both, as if they had done nothing wrong and couldn't see the consequences of their actions. It amazes me to no end.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Ugh....Dentist appointment...do not want :/

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are never enough hours in the day. :ack!:

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a 36 hour day would be just about right.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It may be the set of two X chromosomes. Or maybe they just suck at small talk.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been on hold for 30 mins. I'm bored.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How come when you buy something with a debt or credit card the money comes out right away but when you get a refund on something it takes 3-7 days for the money to go back on the card?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I try and try to collect excellent music for my mental library... I try to find interesting bands I've never heard before, and get to liking them, and force myself to learn to like "smart" and intellectually stimulating music...

... so why do I always return to shitty post-grunge?!? :( Why am I am now guilty of listening to "It's Been A While" by Staind on repeat for the past 15 minutes??

Damn high-school nostalgia getting in the way of my Noble Music Goals. :dont:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How amazing is this? I want to surf now. Well, little waves, not waves like this. Maybe I should move back to L.A.

[YOUTUBE="4yiGItYhOW8"]Largest wave ever ridden. Portugal Nov. 2011[/YOUTUBE]

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reminding myself to never ask someone I just met to take the MBTI test. Or ever, for that matter.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two robbers broke into Best Buy here and stole 200-300 iPads last night. They were in and out in 60 seconds.

Professionals!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I got an iPad last night by some guy, only paid $250 for it...........