• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's interesting, to say the least, if you don't mind the smell.
There are durian pastries and ice cream if you just want an idea of what it tastes like...... ...
But also, the best (most expensive) durians are also the best. It's actually, come to think of it, quite wide in variety.

I'll keep that in mind - best try and get a good first impression of it, and all.

I've heard of its memetic smell before. Apparently they ban them in airports or something like that?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'll keep that in mind - best try and get a good first impression of it, and all.

I've heard of its memetic smell before. Apparently they ban them in airports or something like that?

Yeah, they do. It's a very strong smell. You're not supposed to bring it on trains, either.

Mostly for the benefits of ... visitors xD

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
but taste is 50% smell

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No longer a SJ thread with NPs here now.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At my house, we have chocolate flavored coffee and coffee flavored chocolate. Back in my day, we had coffee flavored coffee and chocolate flavored chocolate. :ranting:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Now I'm scared to try one cuz you said you think I'll hate it!!!! ¡

Trying something new doesn't have to be a positive experience.

- me, an E7 Si dom, who partly regards mediocre experiences as torture, and but also hasn't done anything which resulted in a good experience in a while even if they're new things. rip me

... though usually the experiences are just mediocre. With durian, it's got the potential to either be the worst or best thing.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
problems with having a non photographic memory:

1. only remembering things in context
2. only details that are relevant to the context
3. having to say 'i read this once in a book about [x] without actually remembering the title, author, etc, and sounding like you don't know shit when you know more shit than they probably do

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
problems with having a non photographic memory:

1. only remembering things in context
2. only details that are relevant to the context
3. having to say 'i read this once in a book about [x] without actually remembering the title, author, etc, and sounding like you don't know shit when you know more shit than they probably do

People: "Si is memory"
Me: has to reread a book to remember what it was about, does not know what color shirt i wore today, has almost 0 memories left from my childhood despite only being 22, no longer remembers what i did 2 days ago

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
People: "Si is memory"
Me: has to reread a book to remember what it was about, does not know what color shirt i wore today, has almost 0 memories left from my childhood despite only being 22, no longer remembers what i did 2 days ago

and usually define it to a really banal subset of 'memory' that literally has no relevance to the world or anything, thereby presenting Si users as drones

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
and usually define it to a really banal subset of 'memory' that literally has no relevance to the world or anything, thereby presenting Si users as drones

Of course. If Si wasn't some stupid subset of memory, everyone would have to type themselves as a Si user, and god FORBID that happen