• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm fighting myself to not focus too much on what the mirror is showing me, though it is difficult.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Soooo what are we guarding, exactly? Ooh, do we get weapons? If so, may I have a lightsaber and a laser gun? :D :D :D

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Yknow, I really don't like "Guardian" as a descriptor. It makes me sound responsible or some shit. Hell naw.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yknow, I really don't like "Guardian" as a descriptor. It makes me sound responsible or some shit. Hell naw.

Certainly, MBTI titles could do with some sprucing up. Especially the SJs and SPs.

I mean, INTJs get to have 'mastermind' as their title - who'd pass that up in exchange for the ISTJ title of 'duty-fulfiller'? There must be some more inspiring alternatives...

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How does Ne show for SJ types?.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Certainly, MBTI titles could do with some sprucing up. Especially the SJs and SPs.

I mean, INTJs get to have 'mastermind' as their title - who'd pass that up in exchange for the ISTJ title of 'duty-fulfiller'? There must be some more inspiring alternatives...

Man. "Duty fulfiller" .. .... .. Just here, fulfilling my duty. What duty? And who is it to say that it's not my duty to do away with the establishment? Duty to whom? So many questions, so little answers.

Mastermind is clearer, though. Mastermind of whatever they devise.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some titles I came up with/stole from the NFs (in my defence, they have plenty to go around). Are any of them more appealing [MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION]?

SJ/Guardian -> Harmonizer/Stabilizer/Keystone
SP/Artisan -> Catalyst/Synthesizer

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

Can't speak for everyone else, but for me, badly.

I mean, sure, I can make all these connections about possibilities, but the thing is, at the heart of it I'm really not an optimist. Especially since Si dom says, "Here's all the examples of shit going badly, in all of humanity's history, not just your personal history."

I just linked somebody else this video today, and it describes my viewpoint about the past (and, therefore, the entire world); it's one cosmic mess since the beginning, and the realistic way is simply to say, "okay, this sucks, let's not speculate too much on unrealistic things because it's going to be just messy. I don't see why we can't just look at what we have, say 'we're in this for the long haul', and try to make it as okay as possible and just not... plant all these narratives of progression or regression onto it." If that sounds unimaginative, then that's fine. But I think ultimately even this idea seems way too radical for most of humanity to accept, and therein lies the paradox; people are always trying to impose some kind of narrative, some kind of symbollic order, some kind of unlimited potentialities on the world. But that's not how I think it works.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Some titles I came up with/stole from the NFs (in my defence, they have plenty to go around). Are any of them more appealing [MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION]?

SJ/Guardian -> Harmonizer/Stabilizer/Keystone
SP/Artisan -> Catalyst/Synthesizer

Se-Ni does have this ... momentum to it, and they're ultimately actors in the pure sense of the word. Catalyst sounds perfect. But I'm not sure if it really reflects things like "rationals" or "idealists" do, since theirs describe a state of mind, and there should be some sort of mental equivalent.

I'm not good with names xD

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Se-Ni does have this ... momentum to it, and they're ultimately actors in the pure sense of the word. Catalyst sounds perfect. But I'm not sure if it really reflects things like "rationals" or "idealists" do, since theirs describe a state of mind, and there should be some sort of mental equivalent.

I'm not good with names xD

I've always thought of the temperaments as a description of 'roles' - perhaps the NFs and NTs need new titles to match this as well...?

16Personalities calls NTs 'Analysts' and NFs 'Diplomats'. Can't say I'm fond of their SJ 'Sentinel' title though. Sounds a tad bit monolithic.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I've always thought of the temperaments as a description of 'roles' - perhaps the NFs and NTs need new titles to match this as well...?

16Personalities calls NTs 'Analysts' and NFs 'Diplomats'. Can't say I'm fond of their SJ 'Sentinel' title though. Sounds a tad bit monolithic.

Hmm here's my take on it:

I'm fine with "sentinel" if NFs are going to be "diplomats". Thing is, though. I kinda don't like the idea of roles. Too much performativity. Personality typology shouldn't put people into roles; it should simply describe, not prescribe.

"Temperaments" are basically predisposition - though performativity is implied, the idea of being shoehorned into playing a specific role is also not there. I'm all about that free will xD

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm here's my take on it:

I'm fine with "sentinel" if NFs are going to be "diplomats". Thing is, though. I kinda don't like the idea of roles. Too much performativity. Personality typology shouldn't put people into roles; it should simply describe, not prescribe.

"Temperaments" are basically predisposition - though performativity is implied, the idea of being shoehorned into playing a specific role is also not there. I'm all about that free will xD

Oh, of course! Titles and names are powerful things, after all.

In its current state, I suppose the 'guardian' title is more of a 'role' than a description? There has to be something a bit more label-agnostic...but at this moment, I can't think of one.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Whatever can go wrong, will"
^ this may be more for Ne-inferior. My experience of Ne is more of a "what do I do if I don't have precedent for this?", in new situations. Emergency creativity.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I shouldn't feel this in my soul, but I do (Source included)

- honestly, I don’t know where the idea comes from that ISTJs can be easily manipulated. Have you ever tried working with one? ISTJs are stubborn bastards. Sweet talk doesn’t help at all. If they don’t like something, you can’t convince them otherwise and nothing moves. Tert-Fi-“I’m always right” combined with Si-dom patience enables them to always have the greatest persistence. They don’t even do anything, they don’t argue, they just sit there like the immovable object that they are, waiting until everyone else is too bored and gives up.
What are the things you don't like about your own... - MBTI / Enneagram blog

Tert Fi x Tert Fi = Immoveable object meets unbreakable force: the presence of one etc etc
...INTJ complains...
I'm never gonna follow.

ESTJ tries to direct...
...I'll follow if you're paying $$

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm good with "the caregiver" for ESFJ as I like to take care of people. xD

Well, since no one else has answered your question, I'll rise to the task. However, I fear I'm not a good representation of Ne expression in SJ types are my Ne levels are off the charts ... Oh look, a butterfly!

My Ne makes me very curious. It's not uncommon for me to get butterflies in my stomach while in class, especially when I discover something I've been wondering about, for awhile. I'm also quick to make connections with things I learn, and generate new ideas from them, and then use that in a creative outlet, which is most commonly writing. I think it's used in combination with Si, as I'll collect bits of info and then they'll brew for a bit in my subconscious until something happens which jolts all of the info and makes a new idea.

I also use Ne to understand others. My form of empathy is basically "what would I be feeling if I was in this person's shoes right now? What are some possible motivations for their actions?"

So yeah, I have no idea if that's how other SJ types use Ne or not but ... *shrug*

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Are ghosts stupid or something? How can they not know they're dead?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Smilephantomhive said:
You can't blame them since they don't have a brain.

They have ghostly brains, but maybe these were ghosts who were brain damaged in real life.