User Tag List

Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 623

Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

  1. #281
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    SJ Random Thoughts on the previous page:

    Fuck this.

    Fuck that.

    Fuck you.

    So concise -- I love it.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, an hero liked this post

  2. #282
    Boaty McBoatface Array SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    SJ Random Thoughts on this page:

    Fuck this.

    Fuck that.

    Fuck you.

    So concise -- I love it.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  3. #283
    deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Should Bill Nye be institutionalized and put in a rubber room or merely tethered to the radiator?
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

  4. #284

    Default

    Ok, it appears my left ear lobe may be infected at it looks really gross. And I don't want to try to put earrings back in with it like that, so it looks like I'll have to try to keep my ear hidden behind my hair tomorrow. Blech.

  5. #285
    Crunky Drinkspiller Array Ursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Should Bill Nye be institutionalized and put in a rubber room or merely tethered to the radiator?
    Let's test it using the scientific method!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This is awesome. Yes, sometimes it is an intuition problem -- but sometimes it's a sensing problem. And sometimes it's a lazy af problem.
    What, to you, would be the differences between the three?

  6. #286
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    What, to you, would be the differences between the three?
    Intuition problem: the ESTJs in question not seeing the big picture of what their N subordinates are doing, and therefore not appreciating it enough.
    Sensing problem: Employees of ESTJs not comprehending the S (esp. Si) elements of the job -- sometimes to the point of denying they exist, or denying their importance.
    Lazy af problem: Just not doing anything. Being a slacker.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Ursa liked this post

  7. #287
    Crunky Drinkspiller Array Ursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Intuition problem: the ESTJs in question not seeing the big picture of what their N subordinates are doing, and therefore not appreciating it enough.
    Sensing problem: Employees of ESTJs not comprehending the S (esp. Si) elements of the job -- sometimes to the point of denying they exist, or denying their importance.
    Lazy af problem: Just not doing anything. Being a slacker.
    Yeah, being an ESTJ too, I tend to hone in on the details and get pissed off when others don't pay attention to them. There are just some things that you MUST pay attention to, like accounting books, facts in arguments, when driving, etc. etc. that involve details.

    You're right that there is always a big picture to things. But it ticks me off when people think in terms of ideals or blow the big picture out of proportion and neglect relevant facts and data. Personally, when someone tells me not to burden them with facts or details, I think they're avoiding an evidence-based approach.

    The reason I asked is because no matter what, details have to be involved somewhere (just like the big picture has to be involved somewhere). No one gets to make a "case" for something in complete general statements, no one gets to do a job without it being appraised, no one gets to gloss over facts, etc. it goes on forever. The way I see it, whether you've neglected sensing or intuition, it's laziness.

    What I don't understand is how it's less lazy to leap to a conclusion via intuition than to become solid on the details. Anyone can make a broad statement about a topic, but it takes time to research the details. I read intuitors say that they come up with a conclusion and then research the details, but that approach seems like it is much more vulnerable to a cherry-pick approach. Why not let the details lead to a conclusion rather than the other way around? "Gut feelings" seem eminently irresponsible.
    Likes an hero liked this post

  8. #288

    Default

    Ok I woke up this morning to find that my dog got poop in my bed.

    What the fuck
    Likes Hawthorne, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

  9. #289
    Active Member Array Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    eSTP
    Posts
    8,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Ok I woke up this morning to find that my dog got poop in my bed.

    What the fuck
    The little shit
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

  10. #290
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Ok I woke up this morning to find that my dog got poop in my bed.

    What the fuck
    Big dog or small dog?
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thought Thread
    By Snuggletron in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 67718
    Last Post: Today, 11:34 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM
  3. The random philosophy thought thread
    By Evee in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 10:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO