• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think my tolerance levels for SJ hate have just about plummeted into the negatives.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe it is completely stereotypical, but I really do love doing certain things during certain times of the year. Swimming in summer, eating and drinking pumpkin shit in October, peppermint around Christmas.

Something about things being "seasonal" really do many them more enjoyable for me. I know not everyone's the same... but fuck, I like when things feel "special" because of the seasonal nature to them. I like being able to find enjoyment in little things like that.

Pumpkin just don't taste as good when it ain't October.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe it is completely stereotypical, but I really do love doing certain things during certain times of the year. Swimming in summer, eating and drinking pumpkin shit in October, peppermint around Christmas.

Something about things being "seasonal" really do many them more enjoyable for me. I know not everyone's the same... but fuck, I like when things feel "special" because of the seasonal nature to them. I like being able to find enjoyment in little things like that.

Pumpkin just don't taste as good when it ain't October.

What do you like to do during Spring?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you like to do during Spring?

Cry.

Hah, well in spring it's finally not cold as shit anymore and not quite too hot, so it's nice to just go outside and go on walks. Weather that's good for being outside is a rare occurrence in Arizona. It's hard to enjoy outdoor activities any other time of the year. :p

Frisbee! What a fantastic spring activity. I wish I had a frisbee. And friends to play frisbee with.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
When I uploaded my avatar, I thought Gidget was a cat, but now I'm not sure. It's the fluffy tail. I don't think cats have fluffy tails; that's more of a dog feature.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is it a stereotype that S types hates philosophy? I took a handful of philosophy classes and have enjoyed all of them, outperforming most of the class, even. I also considered majoring in philosophy but decided there wasn't much I could do with that since I don't want to go to law school. It's true that I prefer only talking about philosophy in more of a lighthearted way and get bored after a while and prefer more down to earth conversations, but that doesn't mean that I hate it, lol.
Your average philosophy class, much like your average english or math class, is not super effective at teaching students the utility of the source material. If you have a good teacher, it's different.

I've enjoyed philosophy classes when they've helped explain cultural phenomena. When they've helped me understand the world at large. When they've explained the history of the modern world (intellectual or otherwise). I have NOT enjoyed philosophy classes when they've basically been academic circle-jerks.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I uploaded my avatar, I thought Gidget was a cat, but now I'm not sure. It's the fluffy tail. I don't think cats have fluffy tails; that's more of a dog feature.

Is it from the PETS movie?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*appears in a puff of SP smoke*

I didn't hate it and was able to get into it, though it may have helped that in both philosophy classes I took, the teacher chemistry was all but perfect for me. Away from those settings, I haven't studied it much.

Somewhere, I read that type is less about what we're interested in than why it interests us and how we learn it. That sounds right.

*vanishes*

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Somewhere, I read that type is less about what we're interested in than why it interests us and how we learn it. That sounds right.

Sounds accurate. My favorite kind of philosophy besides logic (where I had a teacher who I clicked with so well I decided to work with him for a while) has always been ethics and morality.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your average philosophy class, much like your average english or math class, is not super effective at teaching students the utility of the source material. If you have a good teacher, it's different.

I've enjoyed philosophy classes when they've helped explain cultural phenomena. When they've helped me understand the world at large. When they've explained the history of the modern world (intellectual or otherwise). I have NOT enjoyed philosophy classes when they've basically been academic circle-jerks.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Smilephantomhive said:
Is it from the PETS movie?

Yes, so far one person thinks Gidget might be a pomeranian and that certainly works.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Seriously people? I thought we were all past insulting me for being a sensor. Christ. What a lovely community we have here.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously people? I thought we were all past insulting me for being a sensor. Christ. What a lovely community we have here.

Why are you thinking that all arguments against sensors are primarily about you?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of my pictures from the last week are Tinder screenshots.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]

Do ISFJs (or even ESFJs) do the thing where they absorb other peoples feelings (like the empath thing), or is that something only NFJs do?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]

Do ISFJs (or even ESFJs) do the thing where they absorb other peoples feelings (like the empath thing), or is that something only NFJs do?

I don't really, and I'm not sure if that's because my Fe is more detached or because I simply don't care? Hah

It could just be Fe in general, more likely an Fe dom than an aux, but I'm not sure. Curious to heart fetus' answer on this one.

Though I don't have a 2 in my tritype so I could be an exception. I tend to be more sympathetic out of obligation than because of any sense of actual caring. Though, me even bothering to say anything or acknowledge it at all means something since I find it awkward. :p

/DG/

Why are you thinking that all arguments against sensors are primarily about you?

This doesn't concern you. My statement is not made about anything recently posted publicly in the forums.

Though if you want my two cents, there shouldn't be any arguments against any type. I don't care what kind you are talking about.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This doesn't concern you. My statement is not made about anything recently posted publicly in the forums.

Though if you want my two cents, there shouldn't be any arguments against any type. I don't care what kind you are talking about.

Yup. All of society is apparently perfect.

/DG/

Yup. All of society is apparently perfect.

???? Where and when in the world did I say that? All I am saying is to not baselessly generalize and put down an entire type. Do you do the same when talking about black people? Gay people? Women?

Furthermore, you again don't know the context of my first statement. Someone directed something at me not in a public post. I would hope you would understand that I have the right to be upset for that.