User Tag List

Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 623

Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

  1. #221
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,323

    Default

    SJ's: all 4 of you come together and riddle me this:

    Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.

    Other types are welcome to answer and for their input as well.

    I mean I've seen people in concerts have long hair. Do they get freakish looks all the time? Why with people who gave tattoos get less looks? I have no idea.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  2. #222
    Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    SJ's: all 4 of you come together and riddle me this:

    Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.

    Other types are welcome to answer and for their input as well.

    I mean I've seen people in concerts have long hair. Do they get freakish looks all the time? Why with people who gave tattoos get less looks? I have no idea.
    Idk man I don't really care about people's messy hair


    I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  3. #223
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Idk man I don't really care about people's messy hair
    Me either. I tend to look at when people tend to do their hair purposely in very unique individual ways.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

  4. #224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    SJ's: all 4 of you come together and riddle me this:

    Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.

    Other types are welcome to answer and for their input as well.

    I mean I've seen people in concerts have long hair. Do they get freakish looks all the time? Why with people who gave tattoos get less looks? I have no idea.
    I don't know why you're assuming all SJs do this? What makes these people SJs?

    I can't say I tend to give people weird looks/stare at them unless they have something crazy going on like half of a full beard and half of a shaved face (I have seen this in WalMart before...interestingly it was likely a phenomenon called hemispatial neglect, which is often due to severe brain damage of one hemisphere of the brain).

    I have to say, though...I have more often than not been on the receiving end of such weird looks. I'm not sure why, either. I think I look pretty normal, but something about me must repulse certain people.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  5. #225

    Default

    The answers to these homework assignments I'm grading are freaking ridiculous.

    Case study (simplified): A man gets hit in the head and goes to the ER blah blah blah. Testing revealed a skull fracture and a dark mass between the skull and the brain.

    1. Question (simplified): What do you diagnose this man with?

    Answer (from student): Meningitis.

    [Real answer is a type of brain bleed.]

    2. Question (simplified): Would you keep this patient for further observation?

    Answer (from a different student): No.

    [Real answer is duh yes because the guy is bleeding within his skull.]

    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, Ursa, Tellenbach liked this post

  6. #226
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    SJ's: all 4 of you come together and riddle me this:

    Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.

    Other types are welcome to answer and for their input as well.

    I mean I've seen people in concerts have long hair. Do they get freakish looks all the time? Why with people who gave tattoos get less looks? I have no idea.
    If you absolutely have to give this a type-related explanation:

    1) Strong Si means being very aware of anything that doesn't fit into your pre-established mental system of How Things Work (however you define that)
    2) Strong Te means being very aware of "disrespectful behavior" (however you define that)
    3) Strong Fe means being very aware of "inconsiderate behavior" (however you define that)

    That being said, there are judgmental people of all types, and there are non-judgmental people of all types. So, whether "How Things Work", "disrespectful behavior", or "inconsiderate behavior", includes people having messy hair, will completely 100% depend on your own definitions of those three categories.

    Personally, I tend to notice anything out of the ordinary, just because my eye is drawn to that -- whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. If I'm staring at someone's hair, it's more likely that I'm impressed by it, than that I'm judging it.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Forever, Ursa liked this post

  7. #227
    Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this exact thing from an IxFJ...

    (My INFJ mother would phrase it less diplomatically than you: "Why am I surrounded by CRAZY people?!?")
    First there was the Egyptian kid who told me all about how his dad wanted him to be a doctor but he didn't want that kind of life and wanted to pursue his own dreams

    And then there was the woman who told me about her failed modelling career and the time she got a DUI and also almost got arrested for bringing a kid a pair of glasses at an elementary school

    And then last night was the cashier at circle k at 1 am who decided to tell me all about how his ex-fiance stole all his video games when they broke up and about playing tabletop gaming about vampires with his friends


    I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  8. #228
    just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Lol I wrote the most SJ sterotype essay ever. The prompt was analyze the reasons why some Americans went back to conservative ways.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar

  9. #229
    Crunky Drinkspiller Array Ursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    SJ's: all 4 of you come together and riddle me this:

    Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.
    I don't stare at weird hair, but I live near Seattle where many people have weird hair. I have a mohawk, and it's about to become magenta soon.

    Tertiary Ne is the reason I don't look? And maybe because it's Seattle?

    I don't know how people can have such a stick up their ass about something like hair. My SJness comes out more (and in full force) when people suggest a course of action to take and have no statistics to back the plan up. Or when they present an argument and don't cite sources and details. It's stuff like that that bothers me, not fashion. Or when I need something explained and the other person only explains in generalities and gives no examples.

    SJness is more about habit, routine, details and statistics, at least to this ESTJ. As long you do your work well, respect your obligations and those around you, I don't have much of a problem with you in the general sense.
    Likes Forever, an hero liked this post

  10. #230
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    MBTI
    FeTi
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    My SJness comes out more (and in full force) when people suggest a course of action to take and have no statistics to back the plan up. Or when they present an argument and don't cite sources and details. It's stuff like that that bothers me, not fashion. Or when I need something explained and the other person only explains in generalities and gives no examples.

    SJness is more about habit, routine, details and statistics, at least to this ESTJ. As long you do your work well, respect your obligations and those around you, I don't have much of a problem with you in the general sense.
    I'm curious how much of that is STJ as opposed to simply SJ? I think an NTJ might be similarly interested in evidence, facts that back up a claim. Do you think an SFJ in a similar position would be the same way regarding statistics, referencing etc? Just curios. Any SJ may reply.

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thought Thread
    By Snuggletron in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 67720
    Last Post: Today, 07:49 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM
  3. The random philosophy thought thread
    By Evee in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 10:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO