Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

SJ's: all 4 of you come together and riddle me this:

Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.

Other types are welcome to answer and for their input as well.

I mean I've seen people in concerts have long hair. Do they get freakish looks all the time? Why with people who gave tattoos get less looks? I have no idea.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Why is it the general population of you is to stare at weird people? Like whenever I leave my hair messy people give me the you're weird look. But when I keep it neat. People think I'm a celebrity. I'm interested and it's annoying that some people judge by these extremes.

I mean I've seen people in concerts have long hair. Do they get freakish looks all the time? Why with people who gave tattoos get less looks? I have no idea.
    Idk man I don't really care about people's messy hair

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Idk man I don't really care about people's messy hair
    Me either. I tend to look at when people tend to do their hair purposely in very unique individual ways.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

I don't know why you're assuming all SJs do this? What makes these people SJs?

I can't say I tend to give people weird looks/stare at them unless they have something crazy going on like half of a full beard and half of a shaved face (I have seen this in WalMart before...interestingly it was likely a phenomenon called hemispatial neglect, which is often due to severe brain damage of one hemisphere of the brain).

I have to say, though...I have more often than not been on the receiving end of such weird looks. I'm not sure why, either. I think I look pretty normal, but something about me must repulse certain people.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

The answers to these homework assignments I'm grading are freaking ridiculous.

Case study (simplified): A man gets hit in the head and goes to the ER blah blah blah. Testing revealed a skull fracture and a dark mass between the skull and the brain.

1. Question (simplified): What do you diagnose this man with?

Answer (from student): Meningitis.

[Real answer is a type of brain bleed.]

2. Question (simplified): Would you keep this patient for further observation?

Answer (from a different student): No.

[Real answer is duh yes because the guy is bleeding within his skull.]

Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, Ursa, Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

If you absolutely have to give this a type-related explanation:

1) Strong Si means being very aware of anything that doesn't fit into your pre-established mental system of How Things Work (however you define that)
    2) Strong Te means being very aware of "disrespectful behavior" (however you define that)
    3) Strong Fe means being very aware of "inconsiderate behavior" (however you define that)

That being said, there are judgmental people of all types, and there are non-judgmental people of all types. So, whether "How Things Work", "disrespectful behavior", or "inconsiderate behavior", includes people having messy hair, will completely 100% depend on your own definitions of those three categories.

Personally, I tend to notice anything out of the ordinary, just because my eye is drawn to that -- whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. If I'm staring at someone's hair, it's more likely that I'm impressed by it, than that I'm judging it.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Forever, Ursa liked this post

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this exact thing from an IxFJ...

(My INFJ mother would phrase it less diplomatically than you: "Why am I surrounded by CRAZY people?!?")
    First there was the Egyptian kid who told me all about how his dad wanted him to be a doctor but he didn't want that kind of life and wanted to pursue his own dreams

And then there was the woman who told me about her failed modelling career and the time she got a DUI and also almost got arrested for bringing a kid a pair of glasses at an elementary school

And then last night was the cashier at circle k at 1 am who decided to tell me all about how his ex-fiance stole all his video games when they broke up and about playing tabletop gaming about vampires with his friends

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes EJCC liked this post

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Lol I wrote the most SJ sterotype essay ever. The prompt was analyze the reasons why some Americans went back to conservative ways.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

I don't stare at weird hair, but I live near Seattle where many people have weird hair. I have a mohawk, and it's about to become magenta soon.

Tertiary Ne is the reason I don't look? And maybe because it's Seattle?

I don't know how people can have such a stick up their ass about something like hair. My SJness comes out more (and in full force) when people suggest a course of action to take and have no statistics to back the plan up. Or when they present an argument and don't cite sources and details. It's stuff like that that bothers me, not fashion. Or when I need something explained and the other person only explains in generalities and gives no examples.

SJness is more about habit, routine, details and statistics, at least to this ESTJ. As long you do your work well, respect your obligations and those around you, I don't have much of a problem with you in the general sense.
    Likes Forever, an hero liked this post

Member Array
    MBTI
    FeTi
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    My SJness comes out more (and in full force) when people suggest a course of action to take and have no statistics to back the plan up. Or when they present an argument and don't cite sources and details. It's stuff like that that bothers me, not fashion. Or when I need something explained and the other person only explains in generalities and gives no examples.

SJness is more about habit, routine, details and statistics, at least to this ESTJ. As long you do your work well, respect your obligations and those around you, I don't have much of a problem with you in the general sense.
    I'm curious how much of that is STJ as opposed to simply SJ? I think an NTJ might be similarly interested in evidence, facts that back up a claim. Do you think an SFJ in a similar position would be the same way regarding statistics, referencing etc? Just curios. Any SJ may reply.