User Tag List

Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: SJ Random Thought Thread

How long will it take me to learn Japanese? Will I even want to learn German?

My client is killing me with her inability to understand that multiple crazy serif fonts don't mix.

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

We have one of these?????

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Infiltrated.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Infiltrated.
    Posting in here automatically makes you an SJ sorry I don't make the rules. Take your pick of SJ type. Like picking a starter pokemon.

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

To prepare, or not to prepare, that - is the question!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Posting in here automatically makes you an SJ sorry I don't make the rules. Take your pick of SJ type. Like picking a starter pokemon.
    Haha ESFJ you know it!!
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

I wonder how often Si is confused with Fi. More than people think. Si is about impressions, perceptions, reflecting on the past and applying it to the present and future, personal sentimentality...Si users could actually be extremely introspective and self-aware. Si notices internal changes and differences in reactions to feelings, right? I think SJ introverts especially would be prone to reflection, because that's what introverted functions do, and the psychic energy flows inward. ISFJs could be very skilled in the intrapersonal intelligence.

And then Fe...some sensitive ISFJs might be very attracted to the "kind, gentle" stereotype that is associated with INFPs. Fe wants to affect the world and make a difference, to leave an impact. That desire could lead to idealism, which is also an INFP stereotype. And I think it's safe to say that almost all of SJs - or at least the vast majority - have some connection to 1. Whether a core 1, a 2w1, a 9w1, or one of those as a fix. (Really, an ISFJ with absolutely no connection to 1 seems exceedingly rare.) 1 is all about rightness and how things ought to be, right? 1 is moral and principled, in tune with what is right and what is not. This could easily be mistaken for the INFP "core values" and "personal sense of what is right." Fe also knows what is right; morality is not exclusively Fi. Maybe Fe is just more prone to overarching, all-applicable rightness? Like, a strong morality that applies to humanity. That's just speculation though.

Ti...I know much less about this function in general. But I think Ti enjoys playing with logic. It develops internal systems of how things work and fit together, correct? This adds an intellectual side to the ISFJ. Their tertiary Ti is offended by the "stupid homebody" stereotype, so they would naturally claim another type. The ISFJ is perfectly capable of deep conversations - Si reflects on what used to be, Fe has insight into relationships and maybe humanity, and Ti has systems and internal logic. Imagine the philosophical conversations that could arise from that! Ne could also come into play by drawing parallels, metaphors, and connections - and might add a touch of quirkiness and idiosyncrasy that is always associated with NPs.

Si notices what is different, in the self and in others. This could provide profound insight into the nature of human beings and the fluidity of reality. And imagination isn't really a type thing - anyone can be funny.

A strong romantic streak could also stem from Si. "Remember the days of old, when all was rosy?" "I wish I could be carefree like a child again." "I want to read through all my old diaries and hold on to memorabilia so I can reflect." "I love thinking about who I used to be, and who I am now because of that." It could be hard for an ISFJ to hold on to reality, because they're prone to getting lost in past reflections and thoughts. Add that to their introversion and need to withdraw. This could totally lead to a dreamy disposition, like an INFP.

I know some of this is just weaving in what others have suggested here, but a great deal of it is my own thinking. What do you think?
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I need some Si/Te groundedness at the moment, so I'm gonna hang out here for a bit
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I need some Si/Te groundedness at the moment, so I'm gonna hang out here for a bit
    Are you the legendary Elfboy?

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Anything in particular you need help with?