User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Good things?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Smile Good things?

What are some good things about ISTJs? Apparently I am one, and all I've found so far says that we're rigid, rulezy, serious, boring, super-organized, and hate everyone else who doesn't do things their way. I don't think I'm like that ...are there any good traits? Maybe I got that side of the deal

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

What I like about the ISTJ's I know, is that they never let you down. Moreover they have a good eye for simplifying and streamlining.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

1. simple and direct.. (not doubts left to the other)
    2. loyal
    3. dedicated
    4. commitment oriented
    5. good sense of humor (loves to laugh)
    6. deeply compassionate (when they approve of course) to the point of being taken advantage of in fact.
    7. strong work ethic
    8. quick with decisions (right or wrong not an issue)
    9. dependable and their word, if given, is good
    10. usually good "providers" and "family people"
    11. oddly enough, tend to live and let live
    12. trusting.. meaning they see others as "good" unless they prove otherwise

Edit: using hubby as an example

Edit: forgot one.... spontaneous with a capital SSSS!

MBTI
    ISTx

We're loyal and dependable. Two very important traits IMO.

How do you feel about yourself? Do you feel "rulezy" and rigid? I think to people we don't know well we can come off as too serious or stand-offish but at least with myeslf, I know we're capable of being silly and enjoyable when we're comfortable with someone.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Well...first off, I feel like the people who don't really know me have the wrong impression of me. I do think they see me as quiet, serious, and a no-nonesense kind of person. But, most of them are at my office, and I work with a lot of deadlines there, so I'm always having to nag them about turning in their stuff.

As for my view of myself, I know I have plenty of fun. I'm quite talkative and friendly if I trust you, and I'm not always focused on the things I have to do. I'm always aware of them, but I can push them aside and do other more fun stuff if I feel like it. (Like right now, I'm wriing this instead of doing the laundry...oh wait, I finished the laundry, nevermind. d'oh!). Nonetheless, I believe that having fun and enjoying yourself is an important part of life, so I make it a priority along with the things on the "to do" list.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

So how much of what you asked for fits?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I guess most of it fits =) I know I'm loyal and dependable. However, I don't make decisions quickly, unless it's something I'm just absolutely sure about. You can find out more about me in the "Who Am I?" thread under "Welcomes and Introductions" too.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Oh yeah, and I'm not too sure about the compassionate part either. I'd like to be, but I don't think I actually am most of the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The three istjs that I knew of were different from each other, but I found all of them to have good qualities: dark sense of humor, very intelligent, good taste in music/(more mainstream)movies, generally open-minded, if conservative in their own lives. Perhaps these aren't stereotypical of an istj but I don't think type is everything to do with it.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BeBecky View Post
    Oh yeah, and I'm not too sure about the compassionate part either. I'd like to be, but I don't think I actually am most of the time.
    So you don't continutally overlook/forgive family and friends for bad behavior... some reeeally bad behavior?