User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Good things?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I dunno...it depends how close we are I guess. I'm not sure how to answer that.

MBTI
    INFP

They are very good at what they do. At least my step-mom is. I don't think she makes mistakes ever.

Yes. The ones I've known tend to be very thorough, yet timely, in almost everything they do.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by AfterHours View Post
    The three istjs that I knew of were different from each other, but I found all of them to have good qualities: dark sense of humor, very intelligent, good taste in music/(more mainstream)movies, generally open-minded, if conservative in their own lives. Perhaps these aren't stereotypical of an istj but I don't think type is everything to do with it.
    I like my taste in music and movies. I like to think it's pretty good.

MBTI
    ISTx

Am I the only ISTJ that procrastinates?

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Am I the only ISTJ that procrastinates?
    Nope, I procrastinate like it's my job, and MBTICentral is a wonderful procrastination tool!

MBTI
    ISFJ

I procrastinate too, depending on what it is. There are some things that I repeatedly plan to do and know I need to do, but I still put them off because I just don't feel like doing them.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

they're reliable. Calm and patient. And they tend to be remarkably chatty once they like you.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    they're reliable. Calm and patient. And they tend to be remarkably chatty once they like you.
    Yeah, I wish more people knew that I am actually quite talkative and fun once you get to know me. I feel like people think I'm just quiet and serious and boring all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeBecky View Post
    What are some good things about ISTJs? Apparently I am one, and all I've found so far says that we're rigid, rulezy, serious, boring, super-organized, and hate everyone else who doesn't do things their way. I don't think I'm like that ...are there any good traits? Maybe I got that side of the deal
    I know several ISTJs and I think, what you mention are not necessarily negative traits.
    Rigid, with the rule-book and serious at work, as it should be, but most are willing to have some fun time. So, they can be or not boring, depending on the situation and the particular person.
    Super-organised: how the heck is this any negative? If they don't try to apply their organisation skills in every single aspect of their lives (and real life people usually don't), it's an admirable trait.
    I think any healthy ISTJ can be as ok as anybody else. And I've hardly met any people in real life that totally meet their MBTI stereotypes, most people are more balanced than that.
    That said, I usually have various conflicts with all Js, at work, and that despite being relatively organised myself. Many have a tendency to insist their way is the best possible way to do things, but that's ok, since I can understand their perspective (and not because they're being Js, but cause they are people, with preferences, just as anybody else) and don't let myself be bothered of this.