• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Dear ISFJs

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJ remind me of a space heater. they're unassuming and don't get in the way of things, but they're warm and inviting. still, they can burn you if you use them too much :D

haha I like that analogy. :D

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Originally Posted by URAPIRATE View Post
tinker stfu I'm sick of your ghey shit.

love edgar

What in the fuck. I understand that this is pure trolling, but I am so glad Whatever stepped in and got this person banned/post removed. :mad:
Hah, if I'd of been awake and seen this last night I probably would've taken the bait and went off on them. Classic example of why I admire ISFJ's for keeping their cool. :hifive:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What in the fuck. I understand that this is pure trolling, but I am so glad Whatever stepped in and got this person banned/post removed. :mad:
Hah, if I'd of been awake and seen this last night I probably would've taken the bait and went off on them. Classic example of why I admire ISFJ's for keeping their cool. :hifive:

:D :hug:

I learned a long time ago pretty lady that it's best to roll with the punches when you can. I discovered that people have an incredibly hard time being an asshole to someone who is being insidiously likable and friendly ;) It's gotten me out of many a crappy situation :yes:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
It's gotten me out of many a crappy situation :yes:

Lol! Looks like I have a lot to learn from you then, my temper has gotten me into trouble on a few occasions ;) I just don't understand how people can be rude like that for the sake of being rude. Makes me want to start breaking legs. :angry: haha. I mean where do the jollies come from in purposefully getting yourself banned? "Whoohoo! One less place I can go to be a complete dick!" So brave behind a computer screen. :dry:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol! Looks like I have a lot to learn from you then, my temper has gotten me into trouble on a few occasions ;) I just don't understand how people can be rude like that for the sake of being rude. Makes me want to start breaking legs. :angry: haha. I mean where do the jollies come from in purposefully getting yourself banned? "Whoohoo! One less place I can go to be a complete dick!" So brave behind a computer screen. :dry:

it's not always just for the sake of being rude. as an Fe dom, your first instinct is to make an emotional judgement/decision about what/why the person said what they did, but it's often not what it seems. it's hard to get good control over your dominant function as it's so natural and intuitive to use and can end up using you. It took me years of training before I could restrain myself from blurting out every crazy Ne comment that popped into my head. just by virtue of wanting to control it though, your mind will classically condition itself not to do it because you will feel a negative emotional response when you mess up. best of luck

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
What you say makes a lot of sense. :) Thanks, Elfboy.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The internet is unique for this. I learned a while ago that people just like to troll on the internet for whatever reason. Mostly because it's easy to blow off steam/verbally abuse people and there are no consequences. I generally just avoid/ignore it. IRL strangers never troll me and I don't take employment positions where I will have to deal with conflict a lot. My very close relationships probably have the most conflict and I'm still learning how to deal with that.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Meh, trolling can be fun (but not in the way the guy in this thread did it, lol). Even in real life, when you have friends who can kinda of understand it and you do it lightly. Anyway, I support this topic, although I strongly prefer to give IRL hugs to ISFJs (or slaps on the shoulders if they're male).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh, trolling can be fun (but not in the way the guy in this thread did it, lol).

yeah I was talking about the way the guy/gal in this thread did it.

Even in real life, when you have friends who can kinda of understand it and you do it lightly.

Me too. I call that "teasing" which I do A LOT in real life with people I'm really fond of (and who understand it). It's typically done in a funny way and we both laugh. This tickles me pick. :D

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Gaah, I love ISFJ's. So freaking adorable, definietly one of my favourite types.

My most serious relationship was with an ISFJ. Everything was perfect until I messed it up!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

totally... I always enjoy snipping at assholes because being bitchy to those who have it coming is an amazingly pleasant feeling :2ar15:

assholes on the internet are total pussies... they say things online just because they're afraid to be mean in real life because someone might punch them (possibly me! :holy:)

that people can be calm amazes me! :holy:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ISFJ friend is too sweet. One day she went to the dentist, she specifically chose that place because they offered free teeth whitening, when she went they forgot to mention anything about it. The next day she was all bummed out, she really wanted it but felt bad and kinda scared to call them! I ended up calling for her haha! I thought it was cute how she didn't want to contact them :). She is one of the most easy going, sweetest, most thoughtful girls I know! I miss working with her, we were two peas in a pod :(!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love you. you're always hard working, loyal and supportive. I love the way I can just hug you or give you a back rub and you don't think I'm weird or awkward. thanks for being comforting and cuddly :hug:

Not only do I love them, I need them.

Story time. I had an ISFJ classmate my first year of nursing school. We were in the same clinical and lab and we were buddies, always pairing off. She was very accurate and perfect in everything she did. So they would teach us something, I wouldn't be listening, God only knows what is going on in my head when professors talk,it's really similar to Charlie Brown, that background teacher voice. So anyway, I would pick up some things that they said and hoped that I would understand, and she would listen intently and take notes. Half the time I was late. She'd always be sitting there with an empty chair for me so she could show me where we were and let me copy her neatly written notes. She taught me a lot of nursing skills one on one so I'm not a scary, dangerous nurse today.

On the flipside, during clinical, I was the one who could always go up to the patient and do the hands on care, talk to them, do our teaching plans. She said that was her biggest fear, knowing how much she would have to talk to patients when she was working... all the teaching and bedside manner. I counseled and reassured her a lot on that one. So, us with our handicaps, we worked together, and made it through. And so goes most of my ISFJ relationships. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not only do I love them, I need them.

Story time. I had an ISFJ classmate my first year of nursing school. We were in the same clinical and lab and we were buddies, always pairing off. She was very accurate and perfect in everything she did. So they would teach us something, I wouldn't be listening, God only knows what is going on in my head when professors talk,it's really similar to Charlie Brown, that background teacher voice. So anyway, I would pick up some things that they said and hoped that I would understand, and she would listen intently and take notes. Half the time I was late. She'd always be sitting there with an empty chair for me so she could show me where we were and let me copy her neatly written notes. She taught me a lot of nursing skills one on one so I'm not a scary, dangerous nurse today.

On the flipside, during clinical, I was the one who could always go up to the patient and do the hands on care, talk to them, do our teaching plans. She said that was her biggest fear, knowing how much she would have to talk to patients when she was working... all the teaching and bedside manner. I counseled and reassured her a lot on that one. So, us with our handicaps, we worked together, and made it through. And so goes most of my ISFJ relationships. :)

Awwww Sns I could just hug you.

:wubbie: :hug:

That sounds on the mark really.

(PS - be an esfp again, please?)

gromit

likes this
ISFJ sis is like one of my best friends. She's really good at calming everyone down (people tend to get pretty worked up in my fam) and she's fun and funny and silly and thoughtful and super on the ball but likes to do fun things too - she introduced me to this hobby called letterboxing, you get little clues from the internet and go find these little boxes with stamps and a log book and you stamp your logbook and sign the one in the little box.

Anyway we have so much fun together!!!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJ sis is like one of my best friends. She's really good at calming everyone down (people tend to get pretty worked up in my fam) and she's fun and funny and silly and thoughtful and super on the ball but likes to do fun things too - she introduced me to this hobby called letterboxing, you get little clues from the internet and go find these little boxes with stamps and a log book and you stamp your logbook and sign the one in the little box.

Anyway we have so much fun together!!!

And you too, gromit! :hug: