User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Are we the best at driving vehicles?

Since we are all about respecting the rules...?

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Respecting the rules is not the only characteristic that makes a good driver..

But I've known ISTJ's who were lead foots (eg my grandfather who got caught speeding going 80km/h on a 60km/h suburban street when he was 79 years old. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.)

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I think that I, most decidedly, am NOT the best driver.
    I'd blame those all on the weather.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    *snicker* ....About that.
    Oh dear. That can't be cheap.

I'm sure there's some bad luck involved.
    Last edited by Patches; 02-13-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Me? Goodness, no. Far from it. I have online traffic school to attend as we speak.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Eh, the SJs that I know seem to have the highest anxiety on the road. When my mother (I/ESTJ) is driving, it's almost like she's in a battle with the car itself. Too high strung.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Some SJs think they are the best....my ISFJ mom is the WORST backseat driver. She's paranoid & hates being out of control. She thinks she's the only one who knows how to drive safely. She literally will scream like she's going to die over stupid stuff - like if you stop 1 second later than she thinks you should have stopped. However, when she drives she'll do stuff she'd be freaking out over if anyone else did it. I've told her that her paranoid reactions are what's going to cause an accident because she distracts the driver. She will literally be in the backseat, leaning between the front seats so she can see out the windshield, directing the driver ("Get into the slow lane. Okay, now brake!").

I don't regard her as any typical SJ in this respect, but more of a warning of one can become when they allow their Si paranoia to take over & get obsessed with safety & rules & don't trust others' perceptions & judgments.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

^

The most paranoid/high anxiety driver I know is an INTJ, second would be ESTJ. I hate being in the car with these people as a passenger, although they are extremely safe drivers.

I readily admit that I'm a bad driver but I am the opposite of paranoid, I'm just careless and don't pay attention well.

After enough road mishaps, I've resolved to let other people drive when they are available to.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Hey Patches, aren't you an Asian woman?

If so, that's definitely enough to negate any ISTJ driving skills.
    I am not Asian. I am a pastey white kid.

But I am female, which makes me a horrible driver by default. *goes back to the kitchen where I belong*

That being said, those weren't all my fault. The white car was my fault. I was 16. I pulled out in front of a semi that was going 65mph. The SUV... I can't remember what even happened. The purple truck wasn't my fault. Some guy came around a bend and was halfway over the yellow line. There is a 4th wreck I didn't post pictures of. I got t-boned by a drunk driver who ran a red light.

I shouldn't be alive. Pandas have 9 lives, too, apparently.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I always thought of the best drivers being the ones who are able to break the traffic laws without getting caught or drive drunk without causing an accident or getting a DUI or, of course, the ones who win a NASCAR race.

So to answer the question, no, Guardians are not the best drivers. However, they are the best at preserving their car, since they never go over 45 on the interstate.

The most entertaining drivers, however, are the ones who cause wrecks.
    My ESTJ friend, by far, *is* the most wicked driver at the track! His cars are fast and mint. He brushed an eighteen wheeler on the interstate once when he fell asleep, but he came out unscathed. He wake up and made quick corrections; only lost the driver side mirror.