• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are we the best at driving vehicles?

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Since we are all about respecting the rules...?

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Respecting the rules is not the only characteristic that makes a good driver..

But I've known ISTJ's who were lead foots (eg my grandfather who got caught speeding going 80km/h on a 60km/h suburban street when he was 79 years old. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me? Goodness, no. Far from it. I have online traffic school to attend as we speak.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eh, the SJs that I know seem to have the highest anxiety on the road. When my mother (I/ESTJ) is driving, it's almost like she's in a battle with the car itself. Too high strung.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some SJs think they are the best....my ISFJ mom is the WORST backseat driver. She's paranoid & hates being out of control. She thinks she's the only one who knows how to drive safely. She literally will scream like she's going to die over stupid stuff - like if you stop 1 second later than she thinks you should have stopped. However, when she drives she'll do stuff she'd be freaking out over if anyone else did it. I've told her that her paranoid reactions are what's going to cause an accident because she distracts the driver. She will literally be in the backseat, leaning between the front seats so she can see out the windshield, directing the driver ("Get into the slow lane. Okay, now brake!").

I don't regard her as any typical SJ in this respect, but more of a warning of one can become when they allow their Si paranoia to take over & get obsessed with safety & rules & don't trust others' perceptions & judgments.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ :laugh:

The most paranoid/high anxiety driver I know is an INTJ, second would be ESTJ. I hate being in the car with these people as a passenger, although they are extremely safe drivers.

I readily admit that I'm a bad driver but I am the opposite of paranoid, I'm just careless and don't pay attention well. :blush:

After enough road mishaps, I've resolved to let other people drive when they are available to.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Hey Patches, aren't you an Asian woman?

If so, that's definitely enough to negate any ISTJ driving skills.

I am not Asian. I am a pastey white kid.

But I am female, which makes me a horrible driver by default. *goes back to the kitchen where I belong*

That being said, those weren't all my fault. The white car was my fault. I was 16. I pulled out in front of a semi that was going 65mph. The SUV... I can't remember what even happened. The purple truck wasn't my fault. Some guy came around a bend and was halfway over the yellow line. There is a 4th wreck I didn't post pictures of. I got t-boned by a drunk driver who ran a red light.

I shouldn't be alive. Pandas have 9 lives, too, apparently.

A

A window to the soul

I always thought of the best drivers being the ones who are able to break the traffic laws without getting caught or drive drunk without causing an accident or getting a DUI or, of course, the ones who win a NASCAR race.

So to answer the question, no, Guardians are not the best drivers. However, they are the best at preserving their car, since they never go over 45 on the interstate.

The most entertaining drivers, however, are the ones who cause wrecks.

My ESTJ friend, by far, *is* the most wicked driver at the track! His cars are fast and mint. He brushed an eighteen wheeler on the interstate once when he fell asleep, but he came out unscathed. He wake up and made quick corrections; only lost the driver side mirror.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ESTJ friend, by far, *is* the most wicked driver at the track! His cars are fast and mint. He brushed an eighteen wheeler on the interstate once when he fell asleep, but he came out unscathed. He wake up and made quick corrections; only lost the driver side mirror.

He's probably an Artisan, then.

A

A window to the soul

That or a Crafter Artisan.

What type is Crafter Artisan? He tested as an ESTJ, but has no interest in this stuff other than if I think ESTJ is an attractive type. He fits the type description too. He's punctual, outgoing, aggressive and into extreme sports, like jumping out of airplanes.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay then, besides the punctual part, he definitely sounds overall like a Promoter Artisan (or Conqueror in Socionics).

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Rules do not equal skill, awareness, courtesy, or common sense.

rav3n

The ISTJ ex-husband could park anything, anywhere, anyway from a rented RV, a semi-truck trailer with pup, backhoes, farm equipment, an-y-thing. When we used to have family parties, he was the one responsible for parking all the cars on the property, at his parent's home since he could squeeze twice as many vehicles into the same amount of space.