• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are we the best at driving vehicles?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really wish I was an F-1 driver though I love indie go karts.

Oh, you like F-1? Have you seen the movie Senna?

I hate driving.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Oh, you like F-1? Have you seen the movie Senna?

I admit that I suck at driving.

Yes F-1 is amazing I've been to Montreal and Indianapolis. :) NO but my cousin has that movie he wanted me to watch it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes F-1 is amazing I've been to Montreal and Indianapolis. :) NO but my cousin has that movie he wanted me to watch it.

I don't know a lot about F-1. I haven't seen the movie it either but I really want to. Let's watch it and report back!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know a lot about F-1. I haven't seen the movie it either but I really want to. Let's watch it and report back!

So you hate the act of driving, but you like to watch driving?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you hate the act of driving, but you like to watch driving?

I'm really bad at driving. It's taken a lot to admit that. I admire good drivers.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've noticed that people who follow the rules to a T tend to be the worst drivers. Maybe it's an effect - they know they suck, so they rely on legal guidance. But it can also be a cause. People get too tense and don't use their common sense.

I'm an awesome driver. I can speed 20mph over, weaving in and out of lanes cutting off car after car, even while the highway's turning, without causing even a hiccup. I can park just about anywhere and I absolutely love driving on one-car narrow, windy mountain cliffs.

I would have to agree, what the law dictates is for those who need guidance. For myself, I am two different people in and outside of a vehicle. I adore driving, much more than anyone I've ever met...and in turn...I like to drive fast...and have spent a considerable amount of money to insure I never receive a speeding ticket. I too am quite an aggressive driver...while all the soccer moms are camping in the number one lane and blocking the flow...I like to...'make my way through'. I take pride in driving and drive at 100%...I cannot stand staring at the back of a semi for a 10hr drive...I like to be engaged.

Outside the drivers seat...no one would ever suspect that I like to drive as such. It's never about how much time speeding saves ...it's all about the level of engagement and fun. And I'd have to agree, thank you Se. :D

Edit: The only other person I know who really appreciates driving, and who I take to be a good driver, is an ENTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I might go faster when there's no one else around but 140??? :horor:

If it hadn't been for the governor, with the pedal to the metal my wife would have kept going until GOD knows what speed.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it hadn't been for the governor, with the pedal to the metal my wife would have kept going until GOD knows what speed.

Yes, I got that impression from what you've said about her. lol Are you from the U.S or somewhere else? For some reason your avatar makes me think Germany.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I got that impression from what you've said about her. lol Are you from the U.S or somewhere else? For some reason your avatar makes me think Germany.

I choose avatars as more or less representative of who I am. The Technoviking avatar represents Sx/Sp, but obviously not the other things. I read that Technoviking, who is apparently from Berlin, is displeased that his images have been posted all over the internet, and has hired a lawyer in an attempt to have them all taken down.

I'm from the U.S. but I know my ISFP wife would love to drive the autobahn. The posted speed limit was 65 mph, but we put faith in our radar detector. 130 mph is at least reckless driving, and possibly even attempted murder (believe it or not!) around here. I took it up to 110 a few days before that along that stretch of road, and I guess this just encouraged her. The next time, when she was driving the Jetta on that same stretch, it took me by surprise as she did not let on about her intentions that day. But I'll tell you, it was a smooth ride, a little rushing sound from the wind and almost no motor noise. Just the world moving by as if we were in a jet taking off from the runway. And the look on my wife's face: pure concentrated intensity.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I choose avatars as more or less representative of who I am. The Technoviking avatar represents Sx/Sp, but obviously not the other things. I read that Technoviking, who is apparently from Berlin, is displeased that his images have been posted all over the internet, and has hired a lawyer in an attempt to have them all taken down.

Aww I didn't know that. Now I remember seeing Technoviking before. I feel sad for him that his images have been posted all over the internet. I'm sure that is not what he intended or hoped for. It's saddening that there is no privacy anymore.

I'm from the U.S. but I know my ISFP wife would love to drive the autobahn. The posted speed limit was 65 mph, but we put faith in our radar detector. 130 mph is at least reckless driving, and possibly even attempted murder (believe it or not!) around here. I took it up to 110 a few days before that along that stretch of road, and I guess this just encouraged her. The next time, when she was driving the Jetta on that same stretch, it took me by surprise as she did not let on about her intentions that day. But I'll tell you, it was a smooth ride, a little rushing sound from the wind and almost no motor noise. Just the world moving by as if we were in a jet taking off from the runway. And the look on my wife's face: pure concentrated intensity.

:shock:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aww I didn't know that. Now I remember seeing Technoviking before. I feel sad for him that his images have been posted all over the internet. I'm sure that is not what he intended or hoped for. It's saddening that there is no privacy anymore.

The original video was a 2000 art film leaked to the internet around 2006, I think. You just never know. "Star Wars Trumpet" was a video from a 1980s state pageant that finally made it to the net. That's how things we did years ago may come back to haunt us. I'm sure Techno would like to catch the guy who leaked it to the net, I'd hate to be him knowing a guy who looks like that was after me. :cry:

ISFJ no likey ISFP need for speed?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^See, we rule.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Given that the ISTJ I'm with nearly killed us both while panicking over right-of-way in a two-way intersection last night, I'll have to add another vote to the "NO" camp.

I'm driving from now on.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ex ESFJ was the worst driver ever. He got tickets, got into two (or was it three?) wrecks when we first got married. Granted, he was from NYC and had never really driven much before but....:shock: I never let him drive. He's a super, excellent expert driver now because he does it for a living.

My ESTJ friend drives fast and dangerous. And then criticizes people for driving the same way. He almost got into a wreck because he was pissed off and driving fast. I shamefully admit I was a little disappointed that he managed to quite artfully dodge hitting this car.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I wouldn't be surprised if the ISTJ male was the best gender/personality combo with the best insurance rates. Personally, I've never had any traffic incidents- I HAVE had people hit me though! Those darn ENFP drivers!!! :mad:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm a good driver.

I'm an N, though. :(