• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are we the best at driving vehicles?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you mean ESTP?

Coming soon to a theatre near you.
I'm excited!

[YOUTUBE="HrbJPsPtTyU"]Ayrton Senna- F-1[/YOUTUBE]

sennay.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
My dad is very good at parking. He has a crappy assigned parking spot at their condo it looks IMPOSSIBLE to squeeze into and some neighbor's bastard children are always leaving bikes and toys strewn around. I think any type that can be confident/self assured about their abilities and has attention to detail can be a very good driver. I space out a lot, I'm an average to slightly above average driver because of lots and lots of experience. You know who's a bad driver? The artist Moby. He said he used to get into car accidents all the time. Luckily he's now rich and can afford a driver.

BTW my dad is INTJ.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFJ mom is a really good driver. competent with pretty much any car, drives a few miles over but not enough to get pulled, obeys all the traffic laws, etc. learned to drive in NYC so everywhere else is easy.

on the other hand, ISTJ friend once drove up onto the sidewalk for several blocks while screaming because her windows were a little foggy and she was convinced she couldn't see (clearly she could, because she stayed perfectly on the sidewalk)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eh, the SJs that I know seem to have the highest anxiety on the road. When my mother (I/ESTJ) is driving, it's almost like she's in a battle with the car itself. Too high strung.
That's definitely me. I assume that the other cars on the road aim to kill me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lols at all the talk of "he can park anything" and "squeezing into tight spaces" :laugh:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've noticed that people who follow the rules to a T tend to be the worst drivers. Maybe it's an effect - they know they suck, so they rely on legal guidance. But it can also be a cause. People get too tense and don't use their common sense.

I'm an awesome driver. I can speed 20mph over, weaving in and out of lanes cutting off car after car, even while the highway's turning, without causing even a hiccup. I can park just about anywhere and I absolutely love driving on one-car narrow, windy mountain cliffs. While over the BAC limit. Way over. (I don't do that anymore though, so MADD mothers get off my tail.)

Also learned the stick shift in 45 minutes. Down pat. Driving all over a hilly traffic-congested city with the weirdest roads.

Thank you Se!

EDIT: I did, however, automatically fail my first driving test because I accidentally ran a stop sign. (Well, it's habit for me to not stop if I can see there's nothing coming, but I temporarily forgot that I had to be on my very best gold-star behavior for the DMV test.)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm a pretty damn good driver, not gonna lie *wipes knuckles on collar*... I've been driving since 15 years old and I drive very regularly. I have one citation for a seat belt when I was 18... Otherwise, I had one little ding (also at 18) when I started rolling at a stop light and tapped someone in front of me. I was distracted and thought traffic was starting to move :doh:.

I love driving.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My dad (ISFJ) is an amazing driver, while no one (including she herself) would trust my mom (ESFJ) behind a wheel.

So it looks to me like it really just depends on the individual SJ.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
I say no. The majority of the population are SJs and fucking tons of people are terrible at driving. Would lead me to conclude that personality type has little to do with how good one is at driving.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm not ISTJ but I am a good driver and I only run red lights when I need to or when the roads are completely dead. :) My ISTJ father is also a good driver but the difference is he always drives at the same boring pace even when the road is completely free of traffic, he hardly breaks the rules or traffic laws. When the highway is free at night I like to rev it up to 140 Km/ph.:D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not ISTJ but I am a good driver and I only run red lights when I need to or when the roads are completely dead. :) My ISTJ father is also a good driver but the difference is he always drives at the same boring pace even when the road is completely free of traffic, he hardly breaks the rules or traffic laws. When the highway is free at night I like to rev it up to 140 Km/ph.:D

I might go faster when there's no one else around but 140??? :horor:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I might go faster when there's no one else around but 140??? :horor:

That only amounts to 90 miles per hour. My wife and I maxed out our old Jetta 2.5 at 130 mph.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
That only amounts to 90 miles per hour. My wife and I maxed out our old Jetta 2.5 at 130 mph.

that's crazy i usually keep it 140-150 km/pr I don't wanna kill myself, i've already been in an accident when someone was going 200 km/ph.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm a pretty damn good driver, not gonna lie *wipes knuckles on collar*... I've been driving since 15 years old and I drive very regularly. I have one citation for a seat belt when I was 18... Otherwise, I had one little ding (also at 18) when I started rolling at a stop light and tapped someone in front of me. I was distracted and thought traffic was starting to move :doh:.

I love driving.

I've rear ended 3 people in all my years driving and surprisingly no one has ever charged me for my damage I'm very lucky for this. I seem to be notorious for rear ending people. :doh: