User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I really wish I was an F-1 driver though I love indie go karts.
    Oh, you like F-1? Have you seen the movie Senna?

I hate driving.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Oh, you like F-1? Have you seen the movie Senna?

I admit that I suck at driving.
    Yes F-1 is amazing I've been to Montreal and Indianapolis. NO but my cousin has that movie he wanted me to watch it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Yes F-1 is amazing I've been to Montreal and Indianapolis. NO but my cousin has that movie he wanted me to watch it.
    I don't know a lot about F-1. I haven't seen the movie it either but I really want to. Let's watch it and report back!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I don't know a lot about F-1. I haven't seen the movie it either but I really want to. Let's watch it and report back!
    So you hate the act of driving, but you like to watch driving?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    So you hate the act of driving, but you like to watch driving?
    I'm really bad at driving. It's taken a lot to admit that. I admire good drivers.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I've noticed that people who follow the rules to a T tend to be the worst drivers. Maybe it's an effect - they know they suck, so they rely on legal guidance. But it can also be a cause. People get too tense and don't use their common sense.

I'm an awesome driver. I can speed 20mph over, weaving in and out of lanes cutting off car after car, even while the highway's turning, without causing even a hiccup. I can park just about anywhere and I absolutely love driving on one-car narrow, windy mountain cliffs.
    I would have to agree, what the law dictates is for those who need guidance. For myself, I am two different people in and outside of a vehicle. I adore driving, much more than anyone I've ever met...and in turn...I like to drive fast...and have spent a considerable amount of money to insure I never receive a speeding ticket. I too am quite an aggressive driver...while all the soccer moms are camping in the number one lane and blocking the flow...I like to...'make my way through'. I take pride in driving and drive at 100%...I cannot stand staring at the back of a semi for a 10hr drive...I like to be engaged.

Outside the drivers seat...no one would ever suspect that I like to drive as such. It's never about how much time speeding saves ...it's all about the level of engagement and fun. And I'd have to agree, thank you Se.

Edit: The only other person I know who really appreciates driving, and who I take to be a good driver, is an ENTP.
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good

Permabanned

haha sure.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I might go faster when there's no one else around but 140??? :horor:
    If it hadn't been for the governor, with the pedal to the metal my wife would have kept going until GOD knows what speed.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    If it hadn't been for the governor, with the pedal to the metal my wife would have kept going until GOD knows what speed.
    Yes, I got that impression from what you've said about her. lol Are you from the U.S or somewhere else? For some reason your avatar makes me think Germany.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes, I got that impression from what you've said about her. lol Are you from the U.S or somewhere else? For some reason your avatar makes me think Germany.
    I choose avatars as more or less representative of who I am. The Technoviking avatar represents Sx/Sp, but obviously not the other things. I read that Technoviking, who is apparently from Berlin, is displeased that his images have been posted all over the internet, and has hired a lawyer in an attempt to have them all taken down.

I'm from the U.S. but I know my ISFP wife would love to drive the autobahn. The posted speed limit was 65 mph, but we put faith in our radar detector. 130 mph is at least reckless driving, and possibly even attempted murder (believe it or not!) around here. I took it up to 110 a few days before that along that stretch of road, and I guess this just encouraged her. The next time, when she was driving the Jetta on that same stretch, it took me by surprise as she did not let on about her intentions that day. But I'll tell you, it was a smooth ride, a little rushing sound from the wind and almost no motor noise. Just the world moving by as if we were in a jet taking off from the runway. And the look on my wife's face: pure concentrated intensity.