• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What happened to my motivation?

apotheosis29

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I find myself on some days, just not wanting or not having the energy to get started on the things I need to get accomplished. This is typically true after I've spent a day or an evening out and about/socializing...it's very draining. Sooner or later I'll get things going, but a lot of times it's later and I'd like to find a good way to shorten this time span.

What do you do to regain your motivation?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me whatever I'm doing has to have meaning to me. It has to be part of a meaningful goal of mine. The reward of attaining that goal is what keeps me going. Failing at that goal is not an option.

If I'm truly spent or burned out, then I will rest for a while. It also helps when I minimize distractions (because I do so enjoy them). *sigh*

That's all I've got really. I wouldn't mind becoming more focused too.
Good luck.

Mole

Permabanned
Motivation is a dirty word.

I find myself on some days, just not wanting or not having the energy to get started on the things I need to get accomplished. This is typically true after I've spent a day or an evening out and about/socializing...it's very draining. Sooner or later I'll get things going, but a lot of times it's later and I'd like to find a good way to shorten this time span.

What do you do to regain your motivation?

Motivation is a dirty word. Motivation is when you get yourself to do something you don't want to do.

The alternative to motivation is to do things for their own sake. The alternative is to do thing for intrinsic reasons rather than extrinsic reasons.

Have you noticed that it is always our boss that wants to get us motivated, or worse, it is the boss inside our own head that wants to ge us motivated?

Of course to do things for their own sake requires a change of heart and a change of mind and even a change of occupation.

Such a change is not for the faint hearted, it means a complete acceptance of our heart's desires, and it means realizing we are ends, not means, and then it means finding our way in the world.

And all this in a world determined to motivate us.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Victor makes a good point. You have to really want the goal yourself. That makes it easier.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
MhPkf.jpg

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Ugh, I've been having way too many of these days lately.
I need to get back on track.
*takes Victor's advice*

apotheosis29

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w9
As an IxTJ, I have no problem looking at the big picture and working towards goals that I really want to achieve. My problem is more of the mundane, daily grind. The stuff that you have to keep up with so that you can work toward your big picture goals. Stuff like doing the dishes, doing laundry, starting to study for the day.

I have my lists, I have the tasks separated and broken down so that they don't become a big chore. Most of the time, I'm on it and I get done what needs to be done, but there are other days where I just can't seem to get it going. I'll wake up one day and not feel like doing stuff, so I'll say "I'll eat breakfast and then I'll feel like doing it", then I eat breakfast and still won't feel like doing anything, so I'll say "I'll watch some TV and then I'll feel like doing something afterwards" then that comes and I still won't feel like doing something. Extrapalate that out through most of the day and that's what I'm talking about.