123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Default SJ's, How do you fight?

Oh no, you didn't. Some bitch crossed the line and now it's time to throw down. As an SJ what is your typical course of action when someone has outright insulted you or someone you care about?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Stare at the ground, don't make eye contact, walk away.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Until they're paralyzed, permanently disabled or disfigured. Or comatose. Just not dead, otherwise you risk going to hell if there's really a god.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESFJ

Don't anyone dare hurt someone i care about.

I'll let you throw the first punch because that way i'll see red. Then unless someone is holding me back, i'm going to beat your ass with my fist. I'm no pussy fighter, i'm from the hood, lol.

Edit - I am trying to be serious.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

I know what you mean Saslou, I'm quite similar when it comes to protecting the people I care about.

I made this thread to illustrate that SJ's aren't wussed out over emotional doormats. We put a lot into our relationships, romantic or otherwise, and we're absolutely prepared to stand tall and do what's necessary to defend them when challenged. Also, I thought it might be useful to other types to read how we handle conflict either directly or indirectly when our buttons are pushed.

That being said, here's typically how a fight with me plays out when I feel personally offended/insulted:

1. Something's said I don't agree with.
    2. I react. Usually by flat out telling the person I don't agree/that's a dick move/sometimes I get short with my words.
    3. Arguments (sometimes heated arguments) ensue.
    4. I usually need about an hour or so to cool off. Come back to the argument, and try to work things out when I'm less hot-headed about the issue.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    I made this thread to illustrate that SJ's aren't wussed out over emotional doormats.
    I would be more inclined to call someone who feels the need to throw punches over-emotional than to call someone who "wusses out" over-emotional. That's what fighting seems like to me. Lack of control over emotions.

That being said, my response isn't entirely based on "emotional control" but also the understanding that... I am just not built for fighting. I'm not a physically threatening person. I'm a 5-foot-nothing weakling, not athletic at all. I've been plowed over by a 15-year-old before and couldn't manage to hold my ground. I've been in fights with girls my own age when I was in highschool, and they kicked my ass. For me, pacifism is just a product of being realistic. If I start fights, I'm going to lose. I don't really entertain delusions that I would even be capable of 'defending my loved one's honor' in such a situation.

If I were a stronger/more athletic person my response might be be different, but I am not.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Ideally you would not see it coming or even know what was happening. Strength and size are not my thing, so I try to make up for it with extra crazy. I do everything I can to prevent physical conflict. In most cases, just the right amount of trash talking and social maneuvering gets the job done, and can eliminate the threat from people of greater size and influence than I. That's all very exhausting and stressful though, I just wish we could all be friends
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I just wish we could all be friends

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Don't anyone dare hurt someone i care about.

I'll let you throw the first punch because that way i'll see red. Then unless someone is holding me back, i'm going to beat your ass with my fist. I'm no pussy fighter, i'm from the hood, lol.
    Hi Sarah. lol

Sarah Conner - the ultimate pissed off ISFJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    As an SJ what is your typical course of action when someone has outright insulted you or someone you care about?
    Just ignore them, or give them an ultimatum. "Shut your face or get out of here."

I don't start fights, but I do try to finish them.

If it really got into a fist fight, I'd use my feet to run (since the other guy might just as well have a concealed knife). If it's not an option (no way out, or I'm with someone who couldn't escape), I'd throw myself in fiercely with all the SJ-rage there is. And if you have ever seen an angry SJ, you know Hulk is SJ.

Having played football (=european football) as a full back, I've learnt how to deal with physically stronger people. At least I like to think so...

Which actually reminds me of one heated match we had a while back... after the match had ended, one of the opponent game to one of our player threatening to beat him up (he really is a big mouth). I intervened and said "Cut it right there, that doesn't belong to this sport, at all". That seemed to be enough for him as he left. I was also thinking of provoking him by saying "Bring it on then, or shut the fuck up". I was thinking he was just making threats and wouldn have courage to actually hit anyone. And even if he did, I would just have taken that punch to show how much better I am.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla