• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ... which colors do you wear?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've noticed that I favor blue and black colors a lot in my clothing. I do have some shirts of bright colors (lime green, yellow, red), but around 80% of my clothes are blue and black.

These are the colors of authority in many western countries, and I was thinking if it's related to being an SJ (authority respector).

So, what colors you wearing?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sounds fairly normal for men, Habba. :)

I was just noticing the other day that I have more white in my wardrobe than any other color, but I tend to gravitate towards earthy colors without even thinking so I have a lot of that. I'm trying to work against that though and increase the pastel colors in my closet because I love them. Black and primary colors bore me to death (for women only). The only color I don't like is teal. For some reason I hate teal although I've been told I look good in it (had some PJs that color once).

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I tend to mix a neutral (Black/gray/rarely brown), with pink or purple. I'm looking at my clothes... I don't own a blue shirt, a yellow shirt, a green shirt, or an orange shirt. My only red shirts are college colors. EVERYTHING is purple, pink, or a deep red.

I layer a lot. Ill usually wear a tight purple/pink tank top underneath, a low cut black shirt on top (so that the pink tank top peaks out the top for just a bit of color) and I am ALWAYS wearing a hoodie. I have 3 pink hoodies and 1 purple one.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Blue, black, and some red.

Mostly blue though. It's very calming :)

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
dark colours - black, purple, camo-green, grey, etc.

Lately I've been buying some brighter clothes. Time for a change maybe?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I wear brighter colors- pastels, deep reds, greens, etc.

I own like 15 polo shirts- I call them "Flavors".

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have just about everything in white and black. Navy and gray are other neutrals that I like. For "colors," I prefer red, green, yellow, and blue.

apotheosis29

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I typically wear blacks and blues also. For quite along time black was always my first choice in everything. After years of that I noticed everything is kind of dark and dreary. I finally realized I needed to bring more color in my life when I was looking for my black wallet which was under my black coat on my black couch next to my black computer bag. Now I still love black, but before I purchase something else black I try to see if there are any other colors that it might look good in.

My clothing choices are still pretty reserved, with blacks, blues, whites, and grays. Any of the brighter colors are usually only brought in as a secondary color, like red lettering on a white t-shirt.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed that I favor blue and black colors a lot in my clothing. I do have some shirts of bright colors (lime green, yellow, red), but around 80% of my clothes are blue and black.

These are the colors of authority in many western countries, and I was thinking if it's related to being an SJ (authority respector).

So, what colors you wearing?

it's interesting you say this because, as an ENFP, I've found people respect me more if I wear STJ colors (blue, black, red). of course, my wardrobe has a plethora of colors (I'm a fan of dark greens and purples in particular, and occasionally pink) but if I'm in a position where I need to be respected and taken seriously, black and dark blue seem to do the trick and make me seem older and more authoritative.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
it's interesting you say this because, as an ENFP, I've found people respect me more if I wear STJ colors (blue, black, red). of course, my wardrobe has a plethora of colors (I'm a fan of dark greens and purples in particular, and occasionally pink) but if I'm in a position where I need to be respected and taken seriously, black and dark blue seem to do the trick and make me seem older and more authoritative.

I don't think STJs are the only ones who find it hard to respect this:

il_430xN_39280152.jpg

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Why? They are ugly.

1) Because I'm ALWAYS cold. It's the middle of summer, and I was fucking freezing today.

2) When I developed this skin disorder on my arms in highschool, I started wearing hoodies every day to cover it up. Just something I got used to.

3) I don't think they're ugly. I really think the simple hoodie/jeans look is very cute:

hoodiepeople_229__76253.jpg
black-hoodie-girl-main.jpg
177091-0053

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love hoodies. I prefer pullovers to zipped ones.

I love them in the fall and winter.

Nicodemus

3) I don't think they're ugly. I really think the simple hoodie/jeans look is very cute:
Are you aiming for cuteness rather than, say, elegance? Your appetite for pink, which seems to go well with cuteness, also struck me as odd, because you seem much more sharp than cute. Is my impression wrong or are you trying to deceive the general public? Or are you just going with what you like and indifferent to how it may be perceived?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Are you aiming for cuteness rather than, say, elegance? Your appetite for pink, which seems to go well with cuteness, also struck me as odd, because you seem much more sharp than cute. Is my impression wrong or are you trying to deceive the general public? Or are you just going with what you like and indifferent to how it may be perceived?

Pretty much "what I like and indifferent to how it may be perceived". It's casual, it's comfortable, it's easy. I don't want to look like a homeless person, but beyond that... I don't really care. If I'm in a situation where it's necessary to look nicer - meeting a job/networking contact or something, I'll dress nicer. But for everyday stuff? Nah.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I used to love wearing all black but I grew out of it.

Now: Navy, red, charcoal, grey, and pastels. I like Paisley.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blue, green, brown, red, and black, especially combos. Dark, grounding colors. :)

Also, I wear mostly white in the summer to keep the heat down. Functionality.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blue, green, brown, red, and black, especially combos. Dark, grounding colors. :)

Also, I wear mostly white in the summer to keep the heat down. Functionality.

Just about the same for me. Dark, solid colors, solid earth tones, no logos if I can help it. I don't want to pay for the 'privilege' of advertising for some stupid corporation. I dress entirely for functionality or when in school - business casual by requirement.

AscendingFlame

MBTI Type
ISTJ
In the cold months I wear a lot of black combined with either of these colours: dark red, purple (of every shade), olive green and sometimes dark green.
In the warm months I wear a lot of white combined with dark red, bright red, pink, olive green.
I sometimes wear blue (medium shades).