User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

This is so interesting to me, that many of our answers have been somewhat similar.

I don't wear much black, but I wear a lot of darker greens and reds. Darker blues are common too, I guess. But literally every time I go shopping I gravitate to the same winter green or maroon red color, to the point that my husband now makes fun of me for buying "the same shirt" over and over again. If I do wear a lighter color, it's almost always this soft salmon pink color. I also like purple.

What is with SJs and darker colors?
    the woods are lovely, dark and deep. but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. - robert frost

(i am probably) ENFP - 6w5 - sx/sp - true neutral (highly sensitive person)
    slytherin pride
    Likes Showbread, EJCC liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I've noticed that I favor blue and black colors a lot in my clothing. I do have some shirts of bright colors (lime green, yellow, red), but around 80% of my clothes are blue and black.

These are the colors of authority in many western countries, and I was thinking if it's related to being an SJ (authority respector).

So, what colors you wearing?
    Whatever they wore yesterday

i just walk around naked

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

A lot of black, blue, grey and khaki and brown. I like red, buttery yellow, green, pink sometimes and white. I don't wear many prints but I do like designs on some items.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    612 sp/so

I buy khaki green clothes a lot.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by c-jade View Post
    If I do wear a lighter color, it's almost always this soft salmon pink color. I also like purple.
    I wear almost all variations of this salmony, coral, reddish/pinkish/orangish color. I get more compliments in that color than pretty much any other. It's kind of my default choice for summery shirts.

By far I wear the most purple and blue, generally a kind of jewel tone variety. But really, there are very few colors I avoid. I avoid shades more than actual colors generally. Pastels don't look good on me, especially pale pinks. I have a lot of pink in my skin, and medium brown hair, so pastel purples and pinks tend to wash me out. I also don't wear a ton of white. My neutral of choice is definitely grey.

Oh, I LOVE patterns. Especially if they are swirly, or of the floral/paisley variety. Almost all of my dresses have some sort of pattern on them.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default SJ... which colors do you wear?

Pink, peach, mint, blue, .. Though I'm open to all options since I have a nurtural skin tone..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

MBTI
    ESTJ

Grey > Black > Blue

Grey suits go with anything you want. If you want a rainbow shirt with a Super Mario themed tie, it's probaly going to work.
    They can also cause any impression you want with the right shirts and ties. From a romantic ladiesman to Microsoft CEO.

Black look professional, cold blooded, efficient. Can also be used for most events but with less combination possibilities.

Blue is the worst one. Often can only be used by politicians, small social events and work. They also got very limited combinations. You basically can't use any shirt colour other than white and light blue with blue suits. The amount of usable ties is even tinier.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Blue and black myself, or variations of dark blue

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Any colors, pretty much! I'm amazed that all of you guys can narrow it down to just a few colors. The only colors I don't wear are 1) highlighter colors, 2) pastels, or 3) yellow. (I just don't look good in yellow. I've tried!)

I used to wear a lot of brights (and I still do, kinda), but I've been leaning slightly away from that recently because they don't look as good against my skin tone as other colors do. But I really don't decide what clothes I get based on color, primarily. Because there are so few colors I actively dislike, I don't even need to think about color most of the time. I focus more on print, texture, and fit.
    My clothing color choices have become more consistent since 2011. I wear a lot of gray, black, blue, medium to dark red, medium to dark green, and dark purple.

Quote Originally Posted by c-jade View Post
    This is so interesting to me, that many of our answers have been somewhat similar.

I don't wear much black, but I wear a lot of darker greens and reds. Darker blues are common too, I guess. But literally every time I go shopping I gravitate to the same winter green or maroon red color, to the point that my husband now makes fun of me for buying "the same shirt" over and over again. If I do wear a lighter color, it's almost always this soft salmon pink color. I also like purple.

What is with SJs and darker colors?
    Maybe we're more interested in "classic" colors that we know look good on us and make us look the way we want to look? I know I look better in darker colors. I get the most compliments when I wear dark purple or maroon.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!