• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ... which colors do you wear?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any colors, pretty much! I'm amazed that all of you guys can narrow it down to just a few colors. The only colors I don't wear are 1) highlighter colors, 2) pastels, or 3) yellow. (I just don't look good in yellow. I've tried!)

I used to wear a lot of brights (and I still do, kinda), but I've been leaning slightly away from that recently because they don't look as good against my skin tone as other colors do. But I really don't decide what clothes I get based on color, primarily. Because there are so few colors I actively dislike, I don't even need to think about color most of the time. I focus more on print, texture, and fit.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's interesting you say this because, as an ENFP, I've found people respect me more if I wear STJ colors (blue, black, red). of course, my wardrobe has a plethora of colors (I'm a fan of dark greens and purples in particular, and occasionally pink) but if I'm in a position where I need to be respected and taken seriously, black and dark blue seem to do the trick and make me seem older and more authoritative.
Not STJ colors -- work attire colors. Conservative businessperson colors. Regardless of type, people will respect you more if you dress older, and older guys just don't wear pink (most of the time)! Professional men's attire is very limited, color-wise.

p.s. Since when is dark green not a respectable color??

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BLUE!

But....also black, green, and red. Primarily prefer blue though :yes:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Regardless of type, people will respect you more if you dress older, and older guys just don't wear pink (most of the time)!

Lol, I wore pink today. Like, the color of those gloves on your avatar.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Most dark colors are fine by me. I don't wear many/if any bright colors. I gravitate towards blues and grays.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not STJ colors -- work attire colors. Conservative businessperson colors. Regardless of type, people will respect you more if you dress older, and older guys just don't wear pink (most of the time)! Professional men's attire is very limited, color-wise.

p.s. Since when is dark green not a respectable color??

it is, so is darker purple, but as a younger person I want to look conservative and older than I am because I'm tired of having to verbally bitch slap old men and women who think they can talk down to me. dark purple and dark green are respectable, but I want to give the impression of "I'm here to be productive, not socialize. if you have or need important information, please be prompt" obviously I've been doing a good job, because I haven't needed to in over a year, but before, I had this problem of older people being very condescending with me. I wear dark purple, dark green and even pink in casual encounters, but if I'm dealing with any kind of formal encounter, I want to dress in the most powerful, unapproachable way possible. respect take priority about relatability in all my relationship

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol, I wore pink today. Like, the color of those gloves on your avatar.
:hifive: Excellent. Seal of approval! I love it when guys wear creative clothes. If I were a guy, I would without a doubt push those traditional color boundaries, on a regular basis.

p.s. What item of clothing was it?
it is, so is darker purple, but as a younger person I want to look conservative and older than I am because I'm tired of having to verbally bitch slap old men and women who think they can talk down to me. dark purple and dark green are respectable, but I want to give the impression of "I'm here to be productive, not socialize. if you have or need important information, please be prompt" obviously I've been doing a good job, because I haven't needed to in over a year, but before, I had this problem of older people being very condescending with me. I wear dark purple, dark green and even pink in casual encounters, but if I'm dealing with any kind of formal encounter, I want to dress in the most powerful, unapproachable way possible. respect take priority about relatability in all my relationship
That, sir, is intense. I mean, whatever you need to do -- but in my case, I am so glad that I've never had to do anything like that. When I get talked down to (which is rarely), I usually gain respect by speaking directly and on the level of the people who were talking down to me -- and surprising them enough by doing that, that they immediately treat me respectfully (or at least as something small and impressive, instead of just something small). I almost always end up citing credentials -- e.g. if I have personal experience with what we're talking about, or if I learned about the subject in school (which means bringing up the fairly impressive college that I currently attend). Usually I don't emphasize that with people, but in cases like that, it's a subtle way to remind them that I am not inferior to them.

Edit: But for the sake of full disclosure, I'm also an only child, and someone who has socialized with more adults than kids throughout the course of her life, so I'm pretty good at talking to adults on their level. Which is why the only times when people are condescending to me, is when they look down upon my gender, not my age.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hifive: Excellent. Seal of approval! I love it when guys wear creative clothes. If I were a guy, I would without a doubt push those traditional color boundaries, on a regular basis.

p.s. What item of clothing was it?

That, sir, is intense. I mean, whatever you need to do -- but in my case, I am so glad that I've never had to do anything like that. When I get talked down to (which is rarely), I usually gain respect by speaking directly and on the level of the people who were talking down to me -- and surprising them enough by doing that, that they immediately treat me respectfully (or at least as something small and impressive, instead of just something small). I almost always end up citing credentials -- e.g. if I have personal experience with what we're talking about, or if I learned about the subject in school (which means bringing up the fairly impressive college that I currently attend). Usually I don't emphasize that with people, but in cases like that, it's a subtle way to remind them that I am not inferior to them.

Edit: But for the sake of full disclosure, I'm also an only child, and someone who has socialized with more adults than kids throughout the course of her life, so I'm pretty good at talking to adults on their level. Which is why the only times when people are condescending to me, is when they look down upon my gender, not my age.

I've gotten a lot better at that myself this past year. the clothes are a good insurance policy though. I really had to learn to hold back initially from Te bitch slapping them, since even before I knew what it was, the sight of a conflict was like "yes! verbally sparring time!". with most old people though, if you're legitimately confident, ask them slightly interrogative questions inquiring into their condescending comment and don't let them phase you, they tend to leave you alone. secretly though, I often hope they won't so I can use the Te bitch slap on them :D

Sil

This is a test.
Everything except yellow and patterns. I don't do patterns.

The most prevalent color in my wardrobe is blue. It's the safest color.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Colors on the darker spectrum typically, though usually not black (unless it's like a graphic T-shirt or something). Mostly dark blues and purples. Occasionally a few lighter or more vibrant colors but never anything obnoxious or that would stand out. I'm almost certain I would never, ever choose to buy and wear a shirt that was yellow, pink, orange, or (light) green.

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is so interesting to me, that many of our answers have been somewhat similar.

I don't wear much black, but I wear a lot of darker greens and reds. Darker blues are common too, I guess. But literally every time I go shopping I gravitate to the same winter green or maroon red color, to the point that my husband now makes fun of me for buying "the same shirt" over and over again. If I do wear a lighter color, it's almost always this soft salmon pink color. I also like purple.

What is with SJs and darker colors?

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
I've noticed that I favor blue and black colors a lot in my clothing. I do have some shirts of bright colors (lime green, yellow, red), but around 80% of my clothes are blue and black.

These are the colors of authority in many western countries, and I was thinking if it's related to being an SJ (authority respector).

So, what colors you wearing?

Whatever they wore yesterday :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A lot of black, blue, grey and khaki and brown. I like red, buttery yellow, green, pink sometimes and white. I don't wear many prints but I do like designs on some items.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I buy khaki green clothes a lot.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I do wear a lighter color, it's almost always this soft salmon pink color. I also like purple.

I wear almost all variations of this salmony, coral, reddish/pinkish/orangish color. I get more compliments in that color than pretty much any other. It's kind of my default choice for summery shirts.

By far I wear the most purple and blue, generally a kind of jewel tone variety. But really, there are very few colors I avoid. I avoid shades more than actual colors generally. Pastels don't look good on me, especially pale pinks. I have a lot of pink in my skin, and medium brown hair, so pastel purples and pinks tend to wash me out. I also don't wear a ton of white. My neutral of choice is definitely grey.

Oh, I LOVE patterns. Especially if they are swirly, or of the floral/paisley variety. Almost all of my dresses have some sort of pattern on them.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pink, peach, mint, blue, .. Though I'm open to all options since I have a nurtural skin tone..

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Grey > Black > Blue

Grey suits go with anything you want. If you want a rainbow shirt with a Super Mario themed tie, it's probaly going to work.
They can also cause any impression you want with the right shirts and ties. From a romantic ladiesman to Microsoft CEO.

Black look professional, cold blooded, efficient. Can also be used for most events but with less combination possibilities.

Blue is the worst one. Often can only be used by politicians, small social events and work. They also got very limited combinations. You basically can't use any shirt colour other than white and light blue with blue suits. The amount of usable ties is even tinier.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Blue and black myself, or variations of dark blue

:coffee:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any colors, pretty much! I'm amazed that all of you guys can narrow it down to just a few colors. The only colors I don't wear are 1) highlighter colors, 2) pastels, or 3) yellow. (I just don't look good in yellow. I've tried!)

I used to wear a lot of brights (and I still do, kinda), but I've been leaning slightly away from that recently because they don't look as good against my skin tone as other colors do. But I really don't decide what clothes I get based on color, primarily. Because there are so few colors I actively dislike, I don't even need to think about color most of the time. I focus more on print, texture, and fit.
My clothing color choices have become more consistent since 2011. I wear a lot of gray, black, blue, medium to dark red, medium to dark green, and dark purple.

This is so interesting to me, that many of our answers have been somewhat similar.

I don't wear much black, but I wear a lot of darker greens and reds. Darker blues are common too, I guess. But literally every time I go shopping I gravitate to the same winter green or maroon red color, to the point that my husband now makes fun of me for buying "the same shirt" over and over again. If I do wear a lighter color, it's almost always this soft salmon pink color. I also like purple.

What is with SJs and darker colors?
Maybe we're more interested in "classic" colors that we know look good on us and make us look the way we want to look? I know I look better in darker colors. I get the most compliments when I wear dark purple or maroon.