User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it's interesting you say this because, as an ENFP, I've found people respect me more if I wear STJ colors (blue, black, red). of course, my wardrobe has a plethora of colors (I'm a fan of dark greens and purples in particular, and occasionally pink) but if I'm in a position where I need to be respected and taken seriously, black and dark blue seem to do the trick and make me seem older and more authoritative.

I don't think STJs are the only ones who find it hard to respect this:

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Why? They are ugly.
    1) Because I'm ALWAYS cold. It's the middle of summer, and I was fucking freezing today.

2) When I developed this skin disorder on my arms in highschool, I started wearing hoodies every day to cover it up. Just something I got used to.

3) I don't think they're ugly. I really think the simple hoodie/jeans look is very cute:

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ

I love hoodies. I prefer pullovers to zipped ones.

I love them in the fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    3) I don't think they're ugly. I really think the simple hoodie/jeans look is very cute:
    Are you aiming for cuteness rather than, say, elegance? Your appetite for pink, which seems to go well with cuteness, also struck me as odd, because you seem much more sharp than cute. Is my impression wrong or are you trying to deceive the general public? Or are you just going with what you like and indifferent to how it may be perceived?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Are you aiming for cuteness rather than, say, elegance? Your appetite for pink, which seems to go well with cuteness, also struck me as odd, because you seem much more sharp than cute. Is my impression wrong or are you trying to deceive the general public? Or are you just going with what you like and indifferent to how it may be perceived?
    Pretty much "what I like and indifferent to how it may be perceived". It's casual, it's comfortable, it's easy. I don't want to look like a homeless person, but beyond that... I don't really care. If I'm in a situation where it's necessary to look nicer - meeting a job/networking contact or something, I'll dress nicer. But for everyday stuff? Nah.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

But the cute look has resulted in a professor patting your head.

MBTI
    istj

I used to love wearing all black but I grew out of it.

Now: Navy, red, charcoal, grey, and pastels. I like Paisley.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Blue, green, brown, red, and black, especially combos. Dark, grounding colors.

Also, I wear mostly white in the summer to keep the heat down. Functionality.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Blue, green, brown, red, and black, especially combos. Dark, grounding colors.

Also, I wear mostly white in the summer to keep the heat down. Functionality.
    Just about the same for me. Dark, solid colors, solid earth tones, no logos if I can help it. I don't want to pay for the 'privilege' of advertising for some stupid corporation. I dress entirely for functionality or when in school - business casual by requirement.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    ISTJ

In the cold months I wear a lot of black combined with either of these colours: dark red, purple (of every shade), olive green and sometimes dark green.
    In the warm months I wear a lot of white combined with dark red, bright red, pink, olive green.
    I sometimes wear blue (medium shades).