User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 176

  1. #81
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think you got the wrong impression from my post. it's not that I go around pre-judging people, I meant 70% of the people I know. being like "hmph, you're a low class brute" when you're first meeting someone would be extremely inconsiderate and disrespectful. that being said, I do have a lot of behavior filters that are kind of disqualifiers if you will. for instance, if someone beats his wife, there is no way I'm going to like them. if someone tried to be controlling with me, no other additional combination of traits can make me like them. if a woman is bitchy with me when I don't know her or a guy is an inconsiderate douche that I don't know, those are disqualifiers too.
    PS: that doesn't mean I'm rude, condescending or ignore them, I've actually learned a lot from people I find repulsive, it just means that their presence is highly unsavory
    Yea, well I don't understand why you are here right now anyways. If you have continually found all of these things unsavory, then why haven't you gotten to the point where this thread is useless? Your existence in itself seems unusual and therefore, fake.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  2. #82
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Not all SJs are closed minded, but if you're closed minded.... you're probably an SJ (or an ENTJ). That's fair enough right everyone, even SJs?

    But yeah there's tons of creative open-minded SJs too..... Martha Stewart, Sinatra, etc (alright that took me too long to come up with). Most ESFJs I know are open-minded about certain things, and definitely not rigid. An SJ with a lot of extroverted sensing will usually be open to experience... etc.

  3. #83
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Thinking that 70 percent of people you know are in the list of five adjectives that you mentioned means that 1.) You don't know a lot of people/wide variety Or 2.) You haven't spent any time trying to get to know them. If the second it true, the pattern will continue, and you will be able to continuously confirm what you already think to be true.
    that's fine with me. I have no desire to be around a lot of people. I had no friends in high school because my overall vibe was "leave me the fuck alone". when giving the chance, I like to dress in a way that says "no, I'm not relatable or common. please don't approach me unless you are extremely confident and have at least some sense of integrity" I've been considering being a 3w4 for this reason
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #84
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yea, well I don't understand why you are here right now anyways. If you have continually found all of these things unsavory, then why haven't you gotten to the point where this thread is useless? Your existence in itself seems unusual and therefore, fake.
    that was only the point of my last post, which was a reply to shortnsweet. the point of the OP was a theory that I proposed in an attempt to understand SJs. just because one doesn't like the majority of a group of people is no excuse not to try to understand them. routinely asking for the input of groups of people I for the most part don't like is something I've been doing since highschool
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #85
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Thinking that 70 percent of people you know are in the list of five adjectives that you mentioned means that 1.) You don't know a lot of people/wide variety Or 2.) You haven't spent any time trying to get to know them. If the second it true, the pattern will continue, and you will be able to continuously confirm what you already think to be true.

    People have real lives and problems, jobs, circumstances, sickness, pain, families, feelings, knowledge, and thoughts. They're not cartoon characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's fine with me. I have no desire to be around a lot of people. I had no friends in high school because my overall vibe was "leave me the fuck alone". when giving the chance, I like to dress in a way that says "no, I'm not relatable or common. please don't approach me unless you are extremely confident and have at least some sense of integrity" I've been considering being a 3w4 for this reason
    So, you're saying in response that you don't have desire to get to know a wide variety of people, therefore, these threads asking about SJ's open/closed mindedness to give them a chance, are actually not about wanting to know people. (It sounds like it probably has more to do with wanting to confirm that you yourself are unique and different than SJ's, who make up a large portion of the population.) You are the dynamic human made up of many facets and 70 percent of people that you know fit into simple negative categories.

    (The underlying message here is that being different, dynamic, and uncommon is actually normal.) In getting to know people's many facets, you're uniquness/individuality would be largely threatened as you found out that many other people are just as quirky. I think that you are afraid.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #86
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's fine with me. I have no desire to be around a lot of people. I had no friends in high school because my overall vibe was "leave me the fuck alone". when giving the chance, I like to dress in a way that says "no, I'm not relatable or common. please don't approach me unless you are extremely confident and have at least some sense of integrity" I've been considering being a 3w4 for this reason
    hey, there's no reason on earth why you shouldn't be anything you weren't meant to be. the only thing that i see that i "wrong' with you, is that you won't give up being an attention whore. you are fine in every other way, and probably above. be what you are and love it. there are some people who never see the need to tell the truth.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  7. #87
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    So, you're saying in response that you don't have desire to get to know a wide variety of people, therefore, these threads asking about SJ's open/closed mindedness to give them a chance, are actually not about wanting to know people. (It sounds like it probably has more to do with wanting to confirm that you yourself are unique and different than SJ's, who make up a large portion of the population.) You are the dynamic human made up of many facets and 70 percent of people that you know fit into simple negative categories.
    not true. wanting to understand does not mean that I want to like people or be their friend. you're trying to lump the 2 together. however, I'm open to be being friends with those I understand if I like them after I understand them in an unbiased manner (I've made a lot of acquaintences that I would have thought I would absolutely despise on first glance) , but that doesn't mean that I'm looking for friends. true desire to understand is neutral of the outcome (ie liking or disliking) even if my impression of them is good, I usually wouldn't work with them as a friend. for instance, I know of several FJs whom I think are great, respectable, intelligent people, but the truth is, I usually just can't relate to them.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #88
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    hey, there's no reason on earth why you shouldn't be anything you weren't meant to be. the only thing that i see that i "wrong' with you, is that you won't give up being an attention whore. you are fine in every other way, and probably above. be what you are and love it.
    if you're suggesting that is the reason I made this thread, it isn't. my attention whorish tendencies are usually much more subtle (ie dressing and walking in a certain way that makes people go "whoa. who's that guy?") and I don't like to mix attention whoring with intellectual discussion out of principle because it creates a huge amount of bias
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #89
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    not true. wanting to understand does not mean that I want to like people or be their friend. you're trying to lump the 2 together. however, I'm open to be being friends with those I understand if I like them after I understand them in an unbiased manner (I've made a lot of acquaintences that I would have thought I would absolutely despise on first glance) , but that doesn't mean that I'm looking for friends. true desire to understand is neutral of the outcome (ie liking or disliking) even if my impression of them is good, I usually wouldn't work with them as a friend. for instance, I know of several FJs whom I think are great, respectable, intelligent people, but the truth is, I usually just can't relate to them.
    I actually never said wanting to be friends. I'm saying that someone with true desire to understand people could not have possibly lumped 70 percent of known people into five simple words. (Good or bad words.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #90
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I actually never said wanting to be friends. I'm saying that someone with true desire to understand people could not have possibly lumped 70 percent of known people into five simple words. (Good or bad words.)
    it was overlly simplified, I'll give you that, but I do think the majority of people have at least one thing about them that disqualifies them from being a good friend. of course, I am talking about a very high calibur almost shakespearean level of friendship like Sam and Frodo from Lord of the Rings or something like that
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] Fellow SJs: do people see you as "closed-minded"?
    By EJCC in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 09:48 PM
  2. Guy has theory for why feelers are actually meaner than thinkers. Do you agree?
    By brown bear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 12:50 PM
  3. theory on why cats are so popular on the internet
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 08:10 AM
  4. my theory on how mass opinion is formed
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM
  5. Why SJ types are not as common as many think
    By karmacoma in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO