Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Is today Pick On Elfboy Day? I wasn't notified...

Well, ENFPs are "the most introverted extroverts", aren't they?

I suspect he's not using the same definition of class as you... I could be wrong, though.

I'd say Xi in general can bring a certain close-mindedness in unhealthy individuals...

I suspect that has a lot to do with descriptions of Threes being very unflattering... That's a common problem with online E-Type profiles.

What was that "tolerance" thing again?
    thanks bro
    PS: I'm more convinced you're INFP now. that was some pretty impressive Te
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

I've never liked that SJs are lumped together as traditional (either politically or personally). How much of an impact does the culture you were raised in have on how you express your personality? What if an ISTJ was raised in a "liberal" household in a "liberal" state. Wouldn't acting "liberal" be following tradition for them?

I think its been said earlier, but if you're told to think SJs are closed minded (or exhibit traits you associate with that) you're just going to label anyone who you think is closed minded as an SJ. Same goes for any other type with other "traits". That's the trouble with using behavior as a type indicator, it doesn't seem to take into account the motivation for the behavior.

And Elfboy has so much Fi and Ne that the only legit alternative option for his type is INFP.
    I guess.
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post
    I've never liked that SJs are lumped together as traditional (either politically or personally). How much of an impact does the culture you were raised in have on how you express your personality? What if an ISTJ was raised in a "liberal" household in a "liberal" state. Wouldn't acting "liberal" be following tradition for them?

I think its been said earlier, but if you're told to think SJs are closed minded (or exhibit traits you associate with that) you're just going to label anyone who you think is closed minded as an SJ. Same goes for any other type with other "traits". That's the trouble with using behavior as a type indicator, it doesn't seem to take into account the motivation for the behavior.
    exactly, that's why I don't like assigning political affiliations to types in particular, even if I have noticed correlations
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's ESTJ? sounds exactly like what I'm thinking when someone questions my opinions. maybe we're more alike than I realized
    Yeah. Same functions. If you want to know what's ESTJ, maybe you should read some of my thread The link's in my sig.
    I agree with most of your post, thankyou for continually bringing us back to the initial topic
    That's what Te doms are for!

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    What in the world is going on in here?

Any type can be close minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    EJCC's post above reminds me of her very patient explanation to me of the whole ESTJ "of course what I believe is right; if I thought it was wrong, I'd believe something else. So, convince me I'm wrong and I'll change my mind" mindset. It makes perfect sense, but seems so foreign to me.

I sometimes feel that, as an INFP, I allocate parts of my mind to provisionally believing (or at least seeing the perspective of) the truth the other is offering. It doesn't mean I really believe whatever-it-is to be true, but I can see how it might be true, or could be seen as true. It can sometimes lead to the other person thinking you agree with them, unless one clarifies periodically.

That ESTJ directness seems awfully blunt and refreshing, once one understands where it is coming from. Hearing "I think X is right" from an ESTJ is not necessarily the end of the discussion.
    +1 to the three of you! Excellent posts.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    No problems. I seem very young to a lot of people. I don't want to give up my fun yet haha. (Plus, I've never been married and have no kids, so I wasn't forced to grow up). The name is just my silly, clownish stuff ........ Yes, I am very kiddish irl too. I collect stuffed animals and use them as puppets lmfao. I have a serious side too; I just tend not to show it often online. That's playtime! LoL.
    I WUV YOU!!!!!!!!! <333333333 Seriously, I'm the same way. ***bounces around***

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Very egotistical, very condescending, convinced that they have no feelings, etc. Like an ISFJ in shadow mode - a quasiENTP. That's why you're getting all the Ne, and not in Grade A form.
    I've observed something like this too, for shizzle.

MBTI
    xNFP

that's ESTJ? sounds exactly like what I'm thinking when someone questions my opinions. maybe we're more alike than I realized
    "of course what I believe is right; if I thought it was wrong, I'd believe something else. So, convince me I'm wrong and I'll change my mind"

Bingo.

I'd be a moron to believe something I know is wrong just for my own personal....gratification? Idiocy? Um, yeah, no.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

this is just intuition speaking, but I think you just think I'm an ISFJ 6 because you don't like me
    WTH. How do you know she doesn't like ISFJs?

I like ISFJs.

If you presume people call you ISFJ because they don't like you, that's your issue, not theirs.

I only get pissed when guys say chicks are SFJs if they don't want to fuck them. I mean, seriously dudes, just accept she might not be attracted to you or she finds your personality obnoxious. Every woman who doesn't want to sleep with you, specifically, isn't an SFJ. Maybe you were deluding yourself when you thought she was flirting with you. Maybe she was just trying to be nice. Whatever.

But aside from that, calling someone an ISFJ is not an "insult." That's a flaw in your thinking, Elfboy, not MrCockburn's.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    WTH. How do you know she doesn't like ISFJs?

I like ISFJs.

If you presume people call you ISFJ because they don't like you, that's your issue, not theirs.

I only get pissed when guys say chicks are SFJs if they don't want to fuck them. I mean, seriously dudes, just accept she might not be attracted to you or she finds your personality obnoxious. Every woman who doesn't want to sleep with you, specifically, isn't an SFJ. Maybe you were deluding yourself when you thought she was flirting with you. Maybe she was just trying to be nice. Whatever.

But aside from that, calling someone an ISFJ is not an "insult." That's a flaw in your thinking, Elfboy, not MrCockburn's.
    That's pretty presumptuous? Doesn't want to sleep = XSFJ? Being monogamous or careful about whom you sleep with is SFJ? Then I wanna be SFJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    That's pretty presumptuous? Doesn't want to sleep = XSFJ? Being monogamous or careful about whom you sleep with is SFJ? Then I wanna be SFJ.
    LOL.

Also, she thinks you're (pick one or more): ugly/twitchy/stupid/an alcoholic/annoying/nerdy/mean/overly nice/have bad breath/are a womanizer.

I mean, come on, there are a MULTITUDE OF REASONS why a woman wouldn't sleep with a guy. A lot of women are nice then men mistake it for flirting.

A woman could even be promiscuous and not want to sleep with you.

Nothing to do with being xSFJ. Nada.