User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 176

  1. #151
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    please read the original post a little more thoroughly before you make that assumption
    I did read your fist post... and it wasn't bad. What got me were a few other posts made by you. I apologize, but I'm too lazy to find them. I think they were within the first few pages, though/

  2. #152
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Aw I know how you feel. Honestly, though, of all the people I've ever met, the SFJs have been the least egotistical and the most down-to-earth. So I for one have no idea where that comparison came from.
    Most SFJs I know are humble to the point where I want to shake them because they don't realize their strengths!

    But a few of the male ones I know are unhealthy - and they manifest this by acting like Elfboy. Very egotistical, very condescending, convinced that they have no feelings, etc. Like an ISFJ in shadow mode - a quasiENTP. That's why you're getting all the Ne, and not in Grade A form.

    As for the Fi, that could just be him being a quintessential 4, whether he admits it or not.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  3. #153
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I did read your fist post... and it wasn't bad. What got me were a few other posts made by you. I apologize, but I'm too lazy to find them. I think they were within the first few pages, though/
    if you're referring to the not liking about 80% of SJs and not liking about 70% of most people, there wasn't really much that was SJ specific about the people I don't like. I thought I explained that
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #154
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hmm.. I have a lot of trouble believing that you're a three. First of all, I have a lot of trouble believing that anybody spending a lot of time on this forum is a three. (Not doubting that some people here may be threes.) Threes are achievers, they need markers of success.
    Haha, I'm an exception then. I work from a computer 90% of the time (except for conferences, sales presentations, etc), and I believe in taking regular work breaks (scientifically shown to result in a higher productivity yield over the course of the day), which I spend here rather than on Facebook.

    Why here? I got into MBTI to help my business (and it has - tremendously) - so that brought me here. My wing 4 made me stay.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  5. #155
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Haha, I'm an exception then. I work from a computer 90% of the time (except for conferences, sales presentations, etc), and I believe in taking regular work breaks (scientifically shown to result in a higher productivity yield over the course of the day), which I spend here rather than on Facebook.

    Why here? I got into MBTI to help my business (and it has - tremendously) - so that brought me here. My wing 4 made me stay.
    Yea, I believe you. Somehow I don't think that Elfboy has the same motivation for being here. If he's a 7, (like a lot of us around here), the site just provides an extra boost to the quest for constant mental stimulation/ just something else to do.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #156
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Most SFJs I know are humble to the point where I want to shake them because they don't realize their strengths!

    But a few of the male ones I know are unhealthy - and they manifest this by acting like Elfboy. Very egotistical, very condescending, convinced that they have no feelings, etc. Like an ISFJ in shadow mode - a quasiENTP. That's why you're getting all the Ne, and not in Grade A form.

    As for the Fi, that could just be him being a quintessential 4, whether he admits it or not.
    this post has convinced me that you're almost certainly ESTP. your approach to my posts is much more Fe/Ti (doing a consistancy check, scanning for logical errors with Ti while try to find some sort of emotional weakness or leverage point with Fe ) than Fi/Te (trying to make a logical arguement, trying to come to a conclusion, looking for supporting/contrary data and checking the ethical integrity of the proposes solutions). you seem more interested in deconstructing the post itself more than what I'm actually saying. also, not to be typist, but most of the ENTJs I've met love me and understand exactly what I'm saying while 7/9 of the ESTPs I've met IRL were like "who is this arrogant bastard? he must be insecure." you also seem to have a lot in common with and connect with ISFJs, much more than i see most ENTJs having. most of all is a subtle sort of semi-guilt trip you appear to be unconsciously exuding in your posts that says "you should feel bad about this". ENTJs don't write like that

    as for your analysis, I'm sorry but if that were true I would have had to have been in shadow mode since I was 6 months old. I'm sure all of the ISFJs on this forum will tell you they are nothing like me. this is just intuition speaking, but I think you just think I'm an ISFJ 6 because you don't like me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #157
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this post has convinced me that you're almost certainly ESTP. your approach to my posts is much more Fe/Ti (doing a consistancy check, scanning for logical errors with Ti while try to find some sort of emotional weakness or leverage point with Fe ) than Fi/Te (trying to make a logical arguement, trying to come to a conclusion, looking for supporting/contrary data and checking the ethical integrity of the proposes solutions). you seem more interested in deconstructing the post itself more than what I'm actually saying. also, not to be typist, but most of the ENTJs I've met love me and understand exactly what I'm saying while 7/9 of the ESTPs I've met IRL were like "who is this arrogant bastard? he must be insecure." you also seem to have a lot in common with and connect with ISFJs, much more than i see most ENTJs having. most of all is a subtle sort of semi-guilt trip you appear to be unconsciously exuding in your posts that says "you should feel bad about this". ENTJs don't write like that

    as for your analysis, I'm sorry but if that were true I would have had to have been in shadow mode since I was 6 months old. I'm sure all of the ISFJs on this forum will tell you they are nothing like me. this is just intuition speaking, but I think you just think I'm an ISFJ 6 because you don't like me
    OBJECTION! Projection!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  8. #158
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea, I believe you. Somehow I don't think that Elfboy has the same motivation for being here. If he's a 7, (like a lot of us around here), the site just provides an extra boost to the quest for constant mental stimulation/ just something else to do.
    agreed, although this forum is one of my more 5-ish indulgences. intellectual conversation like personality theory and self discovery make for good tea conversation. the frequent attempts at character assassination give my 8 wing and Te a little excercise too
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #159
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's ESTJ? sounds exactly like what I'm thinking when someone questions my opinions. maybe we're more alike than I realized
    That's not to say that Fi doesn't lead to certainty, too. But Fi certainty revolves more about what one values and feels is important for oneself, and tends to say less about objective truth or practical implementation. It can wrap around into universal truth (esp those about the value of the individual), but usually it is most certain about what is right, important and good (including aesthetically) for oneself. I may know what's right for me and what I value, but I don't know what's right for you. I expect to be responsible for my own actions, and expect that others will be, too.

    Te is more concerned with the correct, the empirically true, and the practical. It tends towards certainty is about the best way to do things, ensure consistency, prove things and organize things. It is fundamentally more cross contextual than Fi (or Ti), so tends to be more certain about the best way to do things across contexts.

    Every person can use their preferred type of judging to be certain and close-minded. They do, I think, have slightly difference flavors. Maybe Fi's tagline should be "This time, it's personal!"

  10. #160
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Is today Pick On Elfboy Day? I wasn't notified...

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What you said right there doesn't even make you sound ENFP, it makes you sound like an insecure INFP or INTJ or something.

    I'm serious, bro. AN ENFP THAT HAD NO FRIENDS IN HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE "ALLOWED" TO APPROACH YOU? WTF
    Well, ENFPs are "the most introverted extroverts", aren't they?

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    OHH I see, so you're not making a comment about your own class. If I read between the lines a little more, you may have actually been saying that

    "I, Elfboy, have an equal possibility of being lower class or upper class, classy or classless, inferior or superior, or just average. However, I only like people who are classy and superior. Low class, inferior people are offputting." Gotcha.
    I suspect he's not using the same definition of class as you... I could be wrong, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah but you're skipping over all of those self-congratulatory closed-minded NTJs, too.

    You can't just contrast ENFP and ISTJ. That's not objective or fair. It's not even about being "nice" or "tolerant"...it's not even fucking logical.

    Did you see the ISTP just call us all sociopaths? Have you not missed how closed minded you can be? The stuff you've said in this thread I commented on was pretty outrageously closed-minded.

    Si does have a particular inflexibility, but so does Ni in a way, as someone has already pointed out. Except in Ni doms we just call it "being delusional."
    I'd say Xi in general can bring a certain close-mindedness in unhealthy individuals...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it's actually kind of relieving to hear you say that. I looked a little more into type 3 and thought "Oh God don't let me be that" lol
    I suspect that has a lot to do with descriptions of Threes being very unflattering... That's a common problem with online E-Type profiles.

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Like Marm has said before, ENFP's don't walk around with this fragile attitude that only very specific people can approach them. They are very people/ relationship driven. Want to know more deeply into the dynamics of people and want to have relationships with them. Not shoo them away. I actually (sadly enough) see a side of myself in you. Though I see 4, not 7. Someone who is driven by individuality and finding their place. Concern with yourself and yourself only, not others.
    What was that "tolerance" thing again?

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] Fellow SJs: do people see you as "closed-minded"?
    By EJCC in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 09:48 PM
  2. Guy has theory for why feelers are actually meaner than thinkers. Do you agree?
    By brown bear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 12:50 PM
  3. theory on why cats are so popular on the internet
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 08:10 AM
  4. my theory on how mass opinion is formed
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM
  5. Why SJ types are not as common as many think
    By karmacoma in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO