User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 176

  1. #131
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I rather enjoy a little productive retaliation, it can be a great learning experience, but most of the time people just resort to hominem (thankyou for the spell check) and bring up semantic, inconsequential data and illogical points
    PS: why has the subject of this thread become about how Elfboy thinks he's superior. a more accurate title for this thread would be "Elfboy, the truth being his Conspirings and True Intentions"
    Because when you make threads about YOUR perception of something, expect your perception to be scrutinized just as much as the item of your perception.

    Kind of a "it takes two to tango" sort of deal, as well. You kinda shot yourself in the foot when you went on your little rampage about how you find most people low-class idiots.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  2. #132
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Anyway, I'm bored of this now. Mucho paz.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  3. #133
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    * ad hominem. No business to be condescending if you can't spell.

    Anyway, I honestly don't even know you, so I'm just going by the posts I've seen of yours. I'm just saying that your communication style and attitude reminds me a lot of several confirmed ISFJs.

    Now as for the cp 6, you seem to get off on the idea of being 8ish - aggressive, unemotional, whatever. A lot of cp 6's practically masturbate to the idea of being a big, tough, "Teh Boss" 8, and they tend to be in denial, because they don't like facing their own neuroses, or if knowledgeable of enneagrams, the idea of being a 6. It doesn't have the same glamour that being a 7 or an 8 has.

    You seem to waver a lot, too - kind of bending to pressure and as EJCC put it, backpedaling. It's like you start these threads knowing you'd stir shit up, and then giving everyone big smiles, like "Oh no no no, I didn't mean it like thaaaat. Very counterphobic sixish. They challenge, but then appease.

    But like I said, it's just my guess. I don't know you.
    thankyou for your opinion. if you reread the original post, it should be clear that this thread was not designed for this purpose. the problem is that if you stur anything up, self congratulate yourself even once or express interests in class and sophistication, then people make the black and white, ignorant generalization that that's all you do and think about (which certainly has been the case with a few people on this thread, my goodness).
    as for your analysis:
    - I find conflict someone refreshing, wavering is not something I make a habit of doing. I do do a lot of "no, you're accusing me of X, but really I do Y which you're misinterpreting as X" and "I worded X poorly so perhaps it sounded like Y", but this isn't wavering, it's an attempt towards clear communication, which I am a little hit and miss on.
    - you nailed me on the 8, which the subtle distinction that I value being a bad ass as opposed to being "tough" as you put it. I also have great respect for the courage of 8s, the more afraid they get, the more powerful and courageous they become
    - however, the emotional part was way off. 8s and especially 6s are much more emotional than me. my lack of emotions and detachment borders on sociopathic sometimes lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #134
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I don't like the tendency of people on this forum to go "Yeah, there are some nice/creative/open-minded SJs in the world, but most of them aren't." Everyone can be closed-minded!! The most closed-minded people I know are NOT SJs, but are types that are not stereotyped as being closed-minded, e.g. INTJs and ENFPs!
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Okay, I've dealt with people venting at me for years on this forum, so it's time for me to vent back.

    One of the main reasons why I'm on this forum at all is to help people understand my type. And I've seen people on this forum write things along the lines of "EJCC is a good example of a well-adjusted ESTJ, which makes her an exception to the rule, because most ESTJs are dictatorial assholes who never listen to an opposing opinion." And that just kills me. I am not the exception to a general rule! Consider all the SJs on this forum! Would you consider them to be closed-minded? I certainly wouldn't.
    +1 again! The ESTJs I know can be tough at work but they're good people and more than willing to listen to my ideas. Then again, being an SJ myself, I guess I just know how to talk to them?

    As for me though, I'm just on this forum because I like the people on it. A lot of people seem to have had bad experiences with ISFJs so I just try to take this as a learning experience to see possible weak areas within myself and to see if I can improve them.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The people who REALLY strike me as closed-minded here are the people who hate on SJs. This includes many of the people on this thread. And they are - guess what? - SPs, NTs and NFs. There are a LOT of NTs on this forum who are ridiculously closed-minded in that regard. And even though you'd think that those hyper-rational NTs would want to understand what they think is inferior/irrational/whatever, they simply don't care enough, which is why you hardly ever see them in the SJ Guardhouse, unless it's in a thread like this. So much for the eternal quest for knowledge that they care so much about.
    Seems to be my observation as well, which is a shame but...what can you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    And as I've said earlier in the thread, if you look for SJs by looking for traditionalists, you might be missing a lot of people who break your stereotypes, and mistyping traditionalists of other types as being SJ. You would mistype several INFJ friends of mine as being ISFJ. You would probably mistype me as being ENFP, and mistype many of the SJs on this forum as being ISTP, INTJ, etc. This point has already been made to death, and no one has responded to it, except for Marm and shortnsweet, but they're only two people and so many other people are involved.
    I'm a male ISFJ, right-of-center atheist. I'm totally in support of LGBT rights and am a supporter of feminist ideals. Not sure where the hell this lands me on the "traditional" dart board.

    Oh, and another thing and this is something I mentioned in another thread: it might be helpful to flesh out what it is we all mean when we say "Traditional" as it seems to me that "traditional" is a term whose meaning is relative depending on the generation you apply it to.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    FWIW Elfboy, you remind me a lot of several ISFJs - male ISFJs. So you better make sure you're not that type before you go around making backhanded remarks about them.
    As a male ISFJ, I don't know how to take being compared to Elfboy

    Unless of course you're just goading him, at which I would say, "Carry on then"
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  5. #135
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    +1


    As a male ISFJ, I don't know how to take being compared to Elfboy

    Unless of course you're just goading him, at which I would say, "Carry on then"
    I'm as confused as you. I don't see how any of my posts display Si, Fe or Ti. one would also think there would be less Fi/Te present.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #136
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    And like fuck you're a 3w4...that's my e-type, and 3's don't have issues with lacking friends, quite the opposite, really.
    it's actually kind of relieving to hear you say that. I looked a little more into type 3 and thought "Oh God don't let me be that" lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #137
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Hmm.. I have a lot of trouble believing that you're a three. First of all, I have a lot of trouble believing that anybody spending a lot of time on this forum is a three. (Not doubting that some people here may be threes.) Threes are achievers, they need markers of success. They don't sit on the computer talking about themselves. After reading more into enneatypes, my thought is 4w5. (And definitely not an ENFP.)

    I suggest that if you want to somehow support your "I'm as cold as ice, shoo people away, find people lower class" but "I'm open minded, and want to learn more about people and SJ's" but "My thoughts are so complicated and that's why I can't articulate" argument, then you pick up a very large dictionary and perhaps do some serious self reflection and come back to the thread later. If you're finding that most people can't understand/ access what you're saying, then you've got to rethink the words. (In this case, big time.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  8. #138
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hmm.. I have a lot of trouble believing that you're a three. First of all, I have a lot of trouble believing that anybody spending a lot of time on this forum is a three. (Not doubting that some people here may be threes.) Threes are achievers, they need markers of success. They don't sit on the computer talking about themselves. After reading more into enneatypes, my thought is 4w5. (And definitely not an ENFP.)

    I suggest that if you want to somehow support your "I'm as cold as ice, shoo people away, find people lower class" but "I'm open minded, and want to learn more about people and SJ's" but "My thoughts are so complicated and that's why I can't articulate" argument, then you pick up a very large dictionary and perhaps do some serious self reflection and come back to the thread later. If you're finding that most people can't understand/ access what you're saying, then you've got to rethink the words. (In this case, big time.)
    this would not be an appropriate thread for me to come back to with that. in fact, the majority of this thread has been severely off topic; however, I'm going be hypocritical for a second and ask what other type you think I could be besides ENFP. INFP seems like the only other possibility. do you think I'm ISFP?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #139
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this would not be an appropriate thread for me to come back to with that. in fact, the majority of this thread has been severely off topic; however, I'm going be hypocritical for a second and ask what other type you think I could be besides ENFP. INFP seems like the only other possibility. do you think I'm ISFP?
    I could see INFP for sure, I can also see SP of sorts. The thread turned into a thread about you because when we questioned your opinions, your arguments were ones that had to do with you. "I think this way because I have x, y, and z in my personality." Also, aren't threes strongly driven by popularity? I test three a lot for that reason. (I'm not a three, but looked into it and turns out that's why I tested that way.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #140
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I could see INFP for sure. Also, aren't threes strongly driven by popularity? I test three a lot for that reason. (I'm not a three, but looked into it and turns out that's why I tested that way.)
    INFP 7w8? that's an exotic combination. it would explain the bitchy ass ESTJ shadow mode that comes out of my sometimes lol. so now I have someone who thinks I'm INFP, another thinks ISFJ (lord knows how), another ENTJ, another INTJ and another ESFP. in the meantime I still think I'm ENFP (along with most of the forum members) but I would certainly love to be typed as introverted, partly because INFPs just seem classier.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] Fellow SJs: do people see you as "closed-minded"?
    By EJCC in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 09:48 PM
  2. Guy has theory for why feelers are actually meaner than thinkers. Do you agree?
    By brown bear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 12:50 PM
  3. theory on why cats are so popular on the internet
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 08:10 AM
  4. my theory on how mass opinion is formed
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM
  5. Why SJ types are not as common as many think
    By karmacoma in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO