• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Most Common Enneagram Types for Each SJ

Random Ness

What do you think they are?

ESTJ: 8 > 1 & 3
ESFJ: 2 > 3 & 6
ISTJ: 1 > 5 > 6
ISFJ: 1 & 2 & 3 & 6 & 9

SJs lack: 4 & 7

^I get this list from comparing all the polls on typologycentral and personalitycafe to the empirical and graph-result studies on this site: Type Correlations No amount of arguing will convince me that the types or type order is different unless you show me polls and studies from MORE sites.

Last edited:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<---type 2

I strongly suspect Type 2's are common among ISFJs. Not the only one mind you, just very common.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I imagine ESTJs would probably occupy 8, 6, and 1.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my best guess is (in order from most to least likely from left to right)
ISTJ: 1, 6, 5
ESTJ: 1, 3, 6
ISFJ: 2, 6, 1
ESFJ: 2, 3, 6

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
my best guess is (in order from most to least likely from left to right)
ISTJ: 1, 6, 5
ESTJ: 1, 3, 6
ISFJ: 2, 6, 1

You're forgetting 8 for ESTJ.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Orangey, are you really ESTJ now, or is that a joke?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heeeeeeee! :smile:

btw, I think I'm 2 enneagram.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does this mean I've been welcomed into the fold?

Also, I think 9 should be added to ISFJ.

Yes, and yes.
I love it.
Welcome, Orangey! :hifive:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're forgetting 8 for ESTJ.

if there are a lot of ESTJ 8s, I haven't met any (although I've met a lot of ESTJ 3s and 6s who appeared 8 on a strictly external level). the 8s emphasis on autonomy and disdain for authority and obligation seem rather contradictory to the SJ drive for protocol, authority and routine. of course, contradiction will appear in any mbti/enneatype combo, so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
if there are a lot of ESTJ 8s, I haven't met any (although I've met a lot of ESTJ 3s and 6s who appeared 8 on a strictly external level). the 8s emphasis on autonomy and disdain for authority and obligation seem rather contradictory to the SJ drive for protocol, authority and routine. of course, contradiction will appear in any mbti/enneatype combo, so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough

Then explain a counterphobic 6 ESTJ? If you're going to believe that SJs have some fundamental need for "protocol, authority, and routine," which I don't think is really true, then wouldn't the 8 form of rebellion (not wanting to be controlled by others because you want to be the one in charge) make more sense than 6 rebellion (irrationally rejecting authority...just because?)

In ALL MBTI/Enneagram correlation studies I've seen, 8 is a primary type for the ESTJ. Are you sure you're not just saying this because you think you're an ENFP 8 and you don't want to be included in the same group as an (almost) opposite type?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then explain a counterphobic 6 ESTJ? If you're going to believe that SJs have some fundamental need for "protocol, authority, and routine," which I don't think is really true, then wouldn't the 8 form of rebellion (not wanting to be controlled by others because you want to be the one in charge) make more sense than 6 rebellion (irrationally rejecting authority...just because?)

In ALL MBTI/Enneagram correlation studies I've seen, 8 is a primary type for the ESTJ. Are you sure you're not just saying this because you think you're an ENFP 8 and you don't want to be included in the same group as an (almost) opposite type?
it may not be true that they have a fundemental need, but all of the type descriptions of SJs (especially STJs) I've read seem to indicate that they certainly prefer it.

actually, I'm not really sure of anything, but now that I think about it, I had an ESTJ 8w7 manager awhile back (whom I got along surprisingly well with) and one of my favorite anime characters (Yahiko Myogin) from Rurouni Kenshin is probably an ESTJ 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

well, this is a highly satirical and exaggerated example, but an ESTJ cp 6 is it's most extreme form can look like this:

PS: do you know your enneatype?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
it may not be true that they have a fundemental need, but all of the type descriptions of SJs (especially STJs) I've read seem to indicate that they certainly prefer it.

All of the type descriptions of SJs (besides a couple) are utter shit.

actually, I'm not really sure of anything, but now that I think about it, I had an ESTJ 8w7 manager awhile back (whom I got along surprisingly well with) and one of my favorite anime characters (Yahiko Myogin) from Rurouni Kenshin is probably an ESTJ 8.

The other ESTJs I know are all 8s.

well, this is a highly satirical and exaggerated example, but an ESTJ cp 6 is it's most extreme form can look like this:

I don't know if he's a 6, much less a cp 6. My first guess would be 8w7, then maybe 6w7 (phobic.)

PS: do you know your enneatype?

6w5.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of the type descriptions of SJs (besides a couple) are utter shit.

The other ESTJs I know are all 8s.

I don't know if he's a 6, much less a cp 6. My first guess would be 8w7, then maybe 6w7 (phobic.)

6w5.

you have a point, most of the descriptions of mbti and (especially) enneagram are rather shallow and over generalizing. I studied the cognitive functions to figure out my type (Fi is SO different from Fe and Te is vastly different from Ti), but with enneagram it's much harder because human ego and psychological condition cannot yet be objectively measured reliably at all.
PS: I still think this guy is a cp 6. his aggression is much more reactive and deliberate. 8s are aggressive naturally and if anything try to tone it down most of the time when healthy. cp 6 aggression is much more reactive and personal and is usually somewhat forced.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I find it interesting that you both listed 1, 5, and 6 for ISTJs, because in the few times I have glanced at enneagram, those are the ones I associated with the most. I have no idea what mine is though. Either 5w6, 6w5, or 1w9 as far as I can tell. I haven't spent much time looking into enneagram though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ: 1, 3, 6
ESTJ: 3, 6, 8
ISFJ: 2, 6, 9

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
As an ISTJ, my Enneagram is a 1w9 and the next closest type is 5 with balanced wings. So, I agree with 1 and 5. :)