• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are SJs allowed to have pink hair?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never been a fan of blue, purple, orange, or green hair, but I absolutely love pink hair. I think it's so beautiful. In 2 years I'm going to join conservative corporate America working in the financial industry and I won't be able to get away with having pink hair again ever in my life, so I'm thinking NOW is the time to do this. I like pastel pink and I have long hair, which I want to keep long.

http://images.silverdoll.multiply.c....jpg?et=4FksZfDrDte1jZU87JaPkw&nmid=356690942

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. There are type police with an extensive monitoring system who will send you a cease and desist order any moment now.

rav3n

*Practicality pokes its head into this discussion*

Don't do it if you have long hair. To get your hair pink like that, your entire head has to be bleached completely white first, then dyed pink. Unless your hair is of the indestructible nature, in other words very thick, strong strands, you're going to damage it pretty badly, no matter how good a hairdresser you have.

If you had short hair, this would be different since you can grow out damaged hair quickly.

E - To add to the destruction part, when you grow darker roots, these have to be taken care of too.

Beorn

Permabanned
Idk, I'm pretty sure this girl is ISTJ:

Picture2.png

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
No, but SJs are allowed to follow orders. So I order you, Giggly, to have pastel pink hair for a period of 2 years. :rules:

But really, your ISFJ, not ISTJ... it's pretty common for SFJs to want to express themselves through style/fashion, even if it's kinda quirky.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Go ahead. Pink hair has been mainstream for several years already. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah totally..do it do it! now's the time! don't delay!

and my istj ex made all sorts of non mainstream fashion choices...he has a sorta quirky sense of style actually. :)

Ingrid in grids

I'd try pink ombre hair - less damage if you have long hair. As well, if you want it that true bubblegum/pastel pink colour, you may very well need to strip back the hair with bleach beforehand.

An ombre effect would be easier to maintain, and also easier to dull down/return to a more conservative cut and colour when you need.

blonde-pink-tips1.jpg

tumblr_ljoh0nA18B1qfzpgko1_500.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Coloring one's hair seems damaging no matter what color it is.. I say go for it and have some fun! This suggestion above could be a really awesome way of compromising loving pink hair with keeping your roots healthy (and thus your long hair continuing to grow.) so I would definitely look into that awesome look.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I have a highlight of hot pink hair currently, and have, in the past had ALL of my hair hot pink. I've had my hair every color from black with bright red highlights, to blonde with pink highlights.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd try pink ombre hair - less damage if you have long hair. As well, if you want it that true bubblegum/pastel pink colour, you may very well need to strip back the hair with bleach beforehand.

An ombre effect would be easier to maintain, and also easier to dull down/return to a more conservative cut and colour when you need.

blonde-pink-tips1.jpg

tumblr_ljoh0nA18B1qfzpgko1_500.jpg

^^ i like these!!

as for an SJ with pink hair: imo, the more incongruity, the more fun. :)

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
In 2 years I'm going to join conservative corporate America...

lol, what?

I say do it :nice:, although I personally think highlights are cuter. Just imagine the shocked expressions of everyone you know when they see you bust out that new hair.:devil:

Ingrid in grids

It depends on what colour the rest of your hair is, but I like the subtlety of this one:
dreehemingway.jpg

Here's pink tips on a brunette:
tumblr_lfi7f4nsSO1qayvtko1_500_large.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is there any law against it? I don't think so.

Greetings,
an ENTP with short natural-colored hair :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Practicality pokes its head into this discussion*

Don't do it if you have long hair. To get your hair pink like that, your entire head has to be bleached completely white first, then dyed pink. Unless your hair is of the indestructible nature, in other words very thick, strong strands, you're going to damage it pretty badly, no matter how good a hairdresser you have.

If you had short hair, this would be different since you can grow out damaged hair quickly.

E - To add to the destruction part, when you grow darker roots, these have to be taken care of too.

I'm completely bleached and have hair down to my hips. Granted, the people at the salon are amazed at the fact that my hair can take this abuse year after year. I've found you have to be willing to maintain it. Get a hair mask specifically for colored hair, and buy it at the salon, the expensive kind. Then have your hair checked every time you go back to have it colored again, and get rid of the damaged parts. I tend to have few damaged parts as I take care of my hair. I only once used hair dye to use at home and found that my hair was completely dried out, so now I get it done at the salon every time.

I say go for it Giggly, have fun!
I'm platinum blonde myself but I've been thinking of adding some lavender streaks :smile:

8321190_PW1KR8xp_b.jpg

blonde-pink-lilac.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

I actually want pink highlights in my hair, or as maddy mentioned the ombre effect. I think it looks beautiful. I just don't have the balls to do it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, my problem is that you're stuck with one color then. And while I love that color, it doesn't work with all the styles of clothes I like to wear. So I'm contemplating adding some extensions when I feel like being quirky, and keeping it lavender-free the rest of the time :smile:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an SJ and fellow ISFJ, I not only give you permission to express yourself, I kindly request that you post photos of the result so that we, The Committee of Stiff Upper Lipped SJs, can then judge how cute you look :happy2: :yes: :solidarity:

G

Glycerine

You are free to do whatever the hell you want to do w/ your hair. I thought you were from CA.... I would think they would be pretty progressive there. I know that at least, in WA, people do all sorts of things to their hair and no one really thinks twice about it.