User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1

    Default Do you get stick for your weaknesses?

    I'm an enfp so I'm not very good at being organised, I'm work shy (housework shy mainly), and I seem to have no control over my life. I try really hard to work on my weaknesses but I always fall short. It seems like my weaknesses are shouting loud and clear to the world but my strengths are not very noticeable to anyone. My Ne and Fi aren't something that is visible to the naked eye and alot of people probably view me as useless. I often fantasize about being an estj. I've been getting alot of shit lately because of my weaknesses and I really have been doing my best to work on them, but try as I might I still forget to post important letters, still end up being late for things and generally can't keep my head out of the clouds long enough to get all the boring housewifey things done in a way that doesn't take FOREVER!

    I'm starting to think it's unfair being an enfp but don't want to go down the road of self pitying poor me so my question to you SJ's is - Do you ever get stick for your weaknesses since they aren't very obvious at first glance. You all seem to have your lives sewn up in a neat little bow. And does it even bother you that people give you stick for not being good at the types of things NF's are good at?

  2. #2
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    I do get flak every now and then for some of my weaknesses but usually it's kind of playful. My friends tease me sometimes about being too "wound up" and things like that. Some of my other weaknesses I keep tightly under my hat so they just don't know about it and I prefer it that way as I don't want my friends to think less of me

    For what it's worth, I envy you ENFPs with how energetic and driven you can be.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks, I like isfj's too.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Willpower.

  5. #5
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I'm not perfect, and anyone who thinks I'm perfect just because of my type would be in for a big disappointment. I'd be thrilled to play along with it in order to soak up the admiration, but I've done that before and learned that being put up on such a high pedestal never benefits me in any way that's important to me. It just gets lonely.

  6. #6
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    I'm an enfp so I'm not very good at being organised, I'm work shy (housework shy mainly), and I seem to have no control over my life. I try really hard to work on my weaknesses but I always fall short. It seems like my weaknesses are shouting loud and clear to the world but my strengths are not very noticeable to anyone. My Ne and Fi aren't something that is visible to the naked eye and alot of people probably view me as useless. I often fantasize about being an estj. I've been getting alot of shit lately because of my weaknesses and I really have been doing my best to work on them, but try as I might I still forget to post important letters, still end up being late for things and generally can't keep my head out of the clouds long enough to get all the boring housewifey things done in a way that doesn't take FOREVER!

    I'm starting to think it's unfair being an enfp but don't want to go down the road of self pitying poor me so my question to you SJ's is - Do you ever get stick for your weaknesses since they aren't very obvious at first glance. You all seem to have your lives sewn up in a neat little bow. And does it even bother you that people give you stick for not being good at the types of things NF's are good at?
    It sounds like you are being a little hard on yourself!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  7. #7
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I am like a river that lets gravity decide their fate. Someday I'd like to be the moon influencing the tides.

    My faults:
    *I am a hermit
    *I spend too much time regretting the past, or gazing at the future.
    *I am ambitious without being motivated
    *I start tons of projects; I rarely complete anything
    *I am too trusting.
    *I hold myself to a standard no one could achieve which dominoes into me not doing anything
    *I want to go to graduate school merely to have evidence of my intelligence not for the pleasure of a focus

    I would love to be anything other than I am some days. Today being one of them.

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Who is giving you shit and why is it their business?

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am like a river that lets gravity decide their fate. Someday I'd like to be the moon influencing the tides.

    My faults:
    *I am a hermit
    This is a flaw?

    *I spend too much time regretting the past, or gazing at the future.
    *I am ambitious without being motivated
    *I start tons of projects; I rarely complete anything
    *I am too trusting.
    *I hold myself to a standard no one could achieve which dominoes into me not doing anything.
    It's okay. No one is perfect.

    *I want to go to graduate school merely to have evidence of my intelligence not for the pleasure of a focus
    I would like to actively dissuade you from doing this. This is sacrificing your ethics and sense of self just to show something to other people. From my understanding, graduate school is hell, even for people who want to be there...a lot of depression, suicide, and academic types forcing their agenda on you.

    I will believe you are intelligent without grad school.


    I would love to be anything other than I am some days. Today being one of them.
    There is nothing being wrong with who you are.

  10. #10
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Who is giving you shit and why is it their business?
    Yeah. Unless you're a small kid, there's no reason why other humans should be allowed to criticize you endlessly. Just tell them to fuck off.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. How do you get structure in your life?
    By Bamboo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 11:36 PM
  2. How well do you get along with your opposite type?
    By Silveresque in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM
  3. Do you get bored with your own MBTI type?
    By TSDesigner in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 08:07 AM
  5. Where do you get your news?
    By Metamorphosis in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO