• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you get stick for your weaknesses?

tayto

I'm an enfp so I'm not very good at being organised, I'm work shy (housework shy mainly), and I seem to have no control over my life. I try really hard to work on my weaknesses but I always fall short. It seems like my weaknesses are shouting loud and clear to the world but my strengths are not very noticeable to anyone. My Ne and Fi aren't something that is visible to the naked eye and alot of people probably view me as useless. I often fantasize about being an estj. I've been getting alot of shit lately because of my weaknesses and I really have been doing my best to work on them, but try as I might I still forget to post important letters, still end up being late for things and generally can't keep my head out of the clouds long enough to get all the boring housewifey things done in a way that doesn't take FOREVER!

I'm starting to think it's unfair being an enfp but don't want to go down the road of self pitying poor me so my question to you SJ's is - Do you ever get stick for your weaknesses since they aren't very obvious at first glance. You all seem to have your lives sewn up in a neat little bow. And does it even bother you that people give you stick for not being good at the types of things NF's are good at?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do get flak every now and then for some of my weaknesses but usually it's kind of playful. My friends tease me sometimes about being too "wound up" and things like that. Some of my other weaknesses I keep tightly under my hat so they just don't know about it and I prefer it that way as I don't want my friends to think less of me :ninja:

For what it's worth, I envy you ENFPs with how energetic and driven you can be.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not perfect, and anyone who thinks I'm perfect just because of my type would be in for a big disappointment. I'd be thrilled to play along with it in order to soak up the admiration, but I've done that before and learned that being put up on such a high pedestal never benefits me in any way that's important to me. It just gets lonely.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an enfp so I'm not very good at being organised, I'm work shy (housework shy mainly), and I seem to have no control over my life. I try really hard to work on my weaknesses but I always fall short. It seems like my weaknesses are shouting loud and clear to the world but my strengths are not very noticeable to anyone. My Ne and Fi aren't something that is visible to the naked eye and alot of people probably view me as useless. I often fantasize about being an estj. I've been getting alot of shit lately because of my weaknesses and I really have been doing my best to work on them, but try as I might I still forget to post important letters, still end up being late for things and generally can't keep my head out of the clouds long enough to get all the boring housewifey things done in a way that doesn't take FOREVER!

I'm starting to think it's unfair being an enfp but don't want to go down the road of self pitying poor me so my question to you SJ's is - Do you ever get stick for your weaknesses since they aren't very obvious at first glance. You all seem to have your lives sewn up in a neat little bow. And does it even bother you that people give you stick for not being good at the types of things NF's are good at?

It sounds like you are being a little hard on yourself!!

A

Anew Leaf

I am like a river that lets gravity decide their fate. Someday I'd like to be the moon influencing the tides.

My faults:
*I am a hermit
*I spend too much time regretting the past, or gazing at the future.
*I am ambitious without being motivated
*I start tons of projects; I rarely complete anything
*I am too trusting.
*I hold myself to a standard no one could achieve which dominoes into me not doing anything
*I want to go to graduate school merely to have evidence of my intelligence not for the pleasure of a focus

I would love to be anything other than I am some days. Today being one of them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who is giving you shit and why is it their business?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am like a river that lets gravity decide their fate. Someday I'd like to be the moon influencing the tides.

My faults:
*I am a hermit

This is a flaw?

*I spend too much time regretting the past, or gazing at the future.
*I am ambitious without being motivated
*I start tons of projects; I rarely complete anything
*I am too trusting.
*I hold myself to a standard no one could achieve which dominoes into me not doing anything.

It's okay. No one is perfect.

*I want to go to graduate school merely to have evidence of my intelligence not for the pleasure of a focus

I would like to actively dissuade you from doing this. This is sacrificing your ethics and sense of self just to show something to other people. From my understanding, graduate school is hell, even for people who want to be there...a lot of depression, suicide, and academic types forcing their agenda on you.

I will believe you are intelligent without grad school.

I would love to be anything other than I am some days. Today being one of them.

There is nothing being wrong with who you are. :hug:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Who is giving you shit and why is it their business?

Yeah. Unless you're a small kid, there's no reason why other humans should be allowed to criticize you endlessly. Just tell them to fuck off.