User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

Did I kill it?

No hidden jabs intended there. Do other ISTJs sometimes notice that old idea that what irritates us most is most like us?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISXJ

Huh?...not really. I'm trying to think about what really irritates me. I get irritated when someone says they are going to do something, and they don't do it -- which is nothing like me, because if I say I'm going to do something, I mean it. Generally, people who are like me are really easy to get along with.

Can you provide an example?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I can provide one:

Best ISTJ, I know Captain Jean-Luc Picard

YouTube - What Would Captain Picard Do

Besides as far as it goes with entp, you can count on us. Even if we brag, even if we whine, even if we make trouble all the time.

We never get things done and group work with ISTJ is from this point of view a big opportunity, to finally get something done
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I know my fellow ENFPs will probably call me a heathen for saying this, but:

I HATE GROUP WORK!!!!!!

Discussions in groups, cool. Working in groups, ugh!

Let me do my shit, I will let you do your shit, and let's all shit our shit alone.

I don't need anyone to squeeze my head so that I can.

Arghgghghghhghghghghghgh.

What happens? I have cool ideas and can implement them, and other people are stupid, lazy bastids. They bring my grade down; I bring their grade up. F*ck that, man. Do your stuff alone. :steam:
    lol you're a cool cat LL. i know what you mean. i feel like i'm often the one with the ideas but i get overlooked for it. mainly because i'm a playful ENFP so a lot of times people think that i'm not working hard or whatever. kinda sucks. i still like group work though .

i can imagine ISTJ's having big problems with each other. "YOU'RE WEIRD!' "NO YOU'RE WEIRD!". i think things like that were what made me try and look at underlying facts as a child rather than traditions etc. i wonder which types an ISTJ get along best with. keirsey would say ESFP, but there has to be more.

MBTI
    INFP

An example of what irritates us the most being something we are guilty of?

Well, I modestly decline using myself as an example.

But I can see it in others well enough. Hee.

One example of "self-evaluation blindness" I see here and on infp globalchatter is somebody going into a long tirade about what he/she detests in another and giving wonderful examples of many of the very things complained about.

My mouth drops open and I wonder how someone could carry so much denial.

Or am I confusing mindgames with lack of insight?
    Last edited by Anja; 08-28-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: clarity
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hi everyone,

When I took the MBTI my scores were unabashedly ISTJ, and have probably gone as far away from a center as possible as I get older...

Scanning the threads and thought I'd join and offer my thoughts regarding irritants - what irritates me and what others are irritated about me are one in the same: punctuality, or the lack of it. I'll find myself actually slowing down a bit to arrive at a location at exactly 9am because I said I'd be there at 9am and not 8:58am. And as far as others and the idea that 9am means between 8 and 11, it simply drives me up the wall, and others can't seem to understand why.

<sigh>

Phil

MBTI
    INFP

Off topic for a sec.

It's interesting that you would say that you are drifting from type. If I understand you correctly. When I was younger I was INXX, probably more Jay, but as I age I've become nearly completely INFP. I certainly don't feel as confused as I once did!

Maybe there's a thread here which addresses this?

MBTI
    ISTJ

My only noted encounter with another ISTJ was actually a Math teacher I played Dungeons & Dragons with. Our ideals were the same, as well as our problem solving methods, and when one of us didn't know something the other normally complemented the missing information.

It was a good experience, and we never clashed.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov