User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ

Default STJs in law enforcement

Hey guys-
    I'm not a frequent poster here (I think it's been years), so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. Please feel free to direct me if so.

I'm working on a paper for an education class. I seem to remember reading somewhere that a large percentage of law enforcement officers were either ESTJ or ISTJ. It's certainly true in my own agency (about 44%). Unfortunately, I'm looking for a source for my paper and I can't find anything, anywhere.

Anyone know where I can find this? Or am I out of my mind, and just made up the idea?

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm an aspiring cop, if that counts for anything towards statistics. As for articles on the topic, I'm not sure. I've been involved with a law enforcement web forum for many years and made a thread in the past asking people to take the online test and see their results. Most were xxTJ (obviously), and lots of those were S's.

Are you a sworn police officer? How long you been on the job?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Do you cut people slack when you pull them over, or do you do this:
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ISTJ

I've been on the job for 15 years. It's great, and you can't beat the retirement.

Do I cut people slack? Sure. I always find it funny when people say, "What'cho stopping me for?" Uh... you were doing 25 miles over the speed limit, you weren't wearing your seatbelt, your inspection sticker is expired, your license plate is expired, your window tint is illegal... do you want me to go on?

I'd be unlikely to write someone a ticket for all of that stuff. ISTJs are logical, and to me, it's inappropriate (in most cases) to slam someone with a ticket for all that stuff. And in general, you could go out and write hundreds of tickets a day. People are committing traffic violations (some very dangerous ones) everywhere, all day long. You have to prioritize sometimes.

MBTI
    ISTx

Don't think you're gonna find a cop that tickets 100%. Talk about a waste of time if you did.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/more-abou...f-the-mbti.asp

People in the same profession often have similar types. For example, law enforcement officers in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States show preferences for ISTJ and ESTJ.