User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Does it change the point either way? Wisdom is wisdom.
    Right, but wisdom and ignorance aren't the same thing.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hmm. I'm inclined to think you'll grow out of this. Be careful with the tattoos and 14 mm gauge piercings though. Those are permanent.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Right, but wisdom and ignorance aren't the same thing.
    I am not sure where I said they were. If someone who speaks Chinese , or if someone simply knows that this is an urban myth, even, would like to correct me. I am always open to learning to new things.
    So far a few people have offered that what I am saying might be a non fact.. But no one has offered me an alternative.

Nor does it really matter in regard to the thread or the central message I am giving to the OP.. I will then restate my response and we can all get on with our lives.. How does that sound??

Dear OP .. Any crisis can looked at as an opportunity. It's all in how you choose to perceive things.
    It's possible this is a Chinese proverb, but it might not be. I might have seen it on a fortune cookie one time.. either way..
    I belive it's pertinent advice to your queries.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Hmm. I'm inclined to think you'll grow out of this. Be careful with the tattoos and 14 mm gauge piercings though. Those are permanent.
    So are the other things. I didn't modify my body or do (very many) things I regret, but I did not handle entering my mid-20s very well.

As long as you're comfortable with it and it's really what you want to do, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the behaviour you've described. But tinker's advice is very good: try, really hard, not to do anything you're going to regret later. Part of being an adult is having the freedom to make bad decisions. Just try to make sure they aren't too frequent or too extreme -- don't lose control of your own life's direction. And have fun. If it stops being fun, do something else.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Thank you everyone for the responses. I took in everyone's advice and let it bounce around in my thick skull for a few days. I don't think it's open rebellion, just that I'm finally doing things I enjoy doing. I still have a direction in my life, especially since I'm going back to school to finish getting my BA in Graphic Design at the Memphis College of Art.

Most of the things I've done, I've actually thought about it long and hard before I actually took the leap. A lot of it was experimentation, but with the piercings and tattoos, I've made sure that they are easily hidden or removed. The tattoo is actually of something that I really care about and has a lot of meaning to me.

For a few weeks I was lost, but I found my direction once I got a job working for Freds. I'm still looking for a better job, but at work I'm a demon driven. I was originally a temporary employee, but my ability to get things done quickly and well (that and the fact I could lift well over eighty-five pounds) nailed me a permanent spot as a stocker.

I may not have a job concerning my degree, but hell, at least I'm living life and enjoying it as much as I can. Yes I'm careful, and protect myself because no one else will. I enjoy the fact that I can stand on my own two feet and not have to lean on my parents for support. I want them to be proud that their "baby" has flown the coop. All the other things are a plus.

Do I work my ass off? Oh, you bet I do. But like Arclight pointed out, there is opportunity in chaos. I grabbed it. It just took some hard thinking for me to realize that. You can't live your entire life letting someone tell you what to do and use you like a puppet. You've got to obey some of the time and use your head for the rest.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Wildcard,

I didn't mention that I actually commend you for stepping out and exploring what you really want/like. Si-Fe loop can be hard to break out of, and I encourage you to explore your Fi more. Fi is waaaaay more personally fulfilling than Fe (and incidentally, more admired by others, which is not the same as being appreciated) despite the fact that you may feel more naturally inclined to use Fe. So go ahead and focus on yourself, wildcard. Explore your Fi. Be selfish. Just don't do too many things you'll regret.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Life is a series of crisis.. In China, crisis and opportunity are the same word.
    I have a friend that speaks chinese, and I can confirm this is true. No idea if reconstruction is related, though.

As for the OP, this sounds like a late teenage rebellion to me

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

All righty then.

So I ask; Can a Billion Chinese people be wrong??

MBTI
    infp

Huh, seems like I'm bound to have one of those sometime... although for me it will manifest much differently. Sounds like what you are doing is cool, have fun! I have no advice to offer

I must say that although I am a huge fan of the wisdom of that proverb, a billion Chinese people can, in fact, be wrong :P

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

as long as your birthday thread doesn't start in the drunk thread with a post like:

Quote Originally Posted by whatever: birthday #25 View Post
    I'm fuckig drunk- it's my birthday and I was stuck working overtime because my replacement didnt' show up, but some nice red bull reps brought me some drinks at the front desk because I was stil lstuck working and the most beautiful thing I;ve ever seen is a 99 cet gas station hot dog.

is this time to decide that my life officially sucks?//

I think you're doing better than I was
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett