User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

IxTJ, Freestyling the world of rational behaviour.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    @Giggly: You're completely right.

@prplchknz:
    I understand the feeling. You just want to help them understand! I love your avatar btw.

@Iz: Now that I think about it, my INTJ friends do the same thing...

@Jennifer:
    Ouch, I'm sorry. That seems so annoying; I would never take it to that extreme. I think when someone is calling the other person an idiot, they've already lost.
    I would never take something as fact without solid evidence, though I do make the mistake of assuming everyone sees things the way I see them.
    Maybe you are ISFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

So, would you say that these type of TJs are not okay with "agreeing to disagree"? I know that my ISTJ and I have differing viewpoints over what should be done in a situation, and there's no real evidence to support either side, because it's more like a preference ("do you like that outfit?" "no." "what is wrong with you?"). How easy is to say just agree to disagree? ("well, I guess we don't see eye to on that.") Is that really the end of that, or would that feel unsettling to a TJ?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I blame Te. Fe can be the same way, if not worse.
    I will admit that I do it mostly to get under people's skin if they piss me off or if I am annoyed. What you say about Fe users might be true.... eek. Actually my XSTJ brother used to do this to me to piss me off also.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Change to: "Js and steamrolling." All TJs do it. FJs also do it, only a different way. Instead of saying, "this is the truth," it's "this is how you should act."
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Glycerine

I go more the "you are an idiot" route through subtle insinuation not " this is the way you should act" route. I am more like the TJs but more subtle.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I know several STJs and two NTJs. They all do this, though I don't really have a problem with it. We'll just get in a bitching match and be done with it a few minutes later, or settle it by finding out who's right from an external source.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    So, would you say that these type of TJs are not okay with "agreeing to disagree"? I know that my ISTJ and I have differing viewpoints over what should be done in a situation, and there's no real evidence to support either side, because it's more like a preference ("do you like that outfit?" "no." "what is wrong with you?"). How easy is to say just agree to disagree? ("well, I guess we don't see eye to on that.") Is that really the end of that, or would that feel unsettling to a TJ?
    They'll say ATD, but it's rarely over. LOL. Any future evidence to furhter support their viewpoint will spark it up again.

MBTI
    INTJ

I will admit that I do it mostly to get under people's skin if they piss me off or if I am annoyed. What you say about Fe users might be true.... eek. Actually my XSTJ brother used to do this to me to piss me off also
    Same here, especially with other Js who have a perspecitive that they have no business trying to assert on others.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I believe in forcing, when it serves a purpose. Oftimes people deny the truth because they are afraid of it. Sometimes giving people a little bit of push can make them conquer their own fears and become better people.

I like telling people how things are, but I also welcome good counter-arguments. But most of the time I'm pretty confident with my own logic, and that can be see as steamrolling.

Anyways, I always try to count human emotions as a factor too. Sometimes truth can die if it's too painful/embarrassing/whatever to hear. And especially I don't want to bash anyone in front of other people.

Anyways.. didn't read all the posts here, so I'm not even sure if this is completely on-topic... but hey, I make it on-topic by posting this! You just got Steam-Roll'd.

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla