User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: ISTJs

MBTI
    JIxT

Being an ISTJ is pleasing because you end up winning at everything. The problem is being "fun". I'm not that fun of a person when I am in IsTJ mode.

I am a skeptic. Science does not accept faith, therefore I do not accept faith. My life is friggin science.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Well then what differentiates an atheist from an agnostic? Do agnostics just think it's more likely that a higher power exists?

By a power greater than the creatures of the earth, I meant a spiritual being/beings that created the universe or at least holds the knowledge as to what created it and/or whoever runs an afterlife.

I feel like I've blabbed about this somewhere else so... sorry about any repetition.

There are two kinds of atheists. Atheists who believe there is no god. And atheists who don't believe in god. So one has an actual belief that there is no god; while the other simply lacks belief. (This is junk I learned in philosophy. If you don't believe me it's in Richard Dawkins' book "The God Delusion")

Agnostics are sometimes considered to be "riding the fence" but it's not really like that at all. They simply don't think god can be proved or disproved. It's not within our realm or understanding maybe.

Hopefully this makes a little more sense now?

And btw.... in case you couldn't tell, I'm an atheist.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    I am a skeptic. Science does not accept faith, therefore I do not accept faith. My life is friggin science.
    Science itself can become a dogma.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Science itself can become a dogma.
    Which can also be a problem sometimes because I am OCD'ed into classifying everything (sometimes irrationally). Sometimes it is rationally better not to type someone, but I do anyway and it soucks.

We sacrafice "fun" and taking risks for security. Rationally, this is the obvious choice, but in the transcendental sense, it is crippling.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sometimes I make myself laugh.

lol at the OP.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Sometimes I want to rip my hair out because of the lack of spontaneity of my life. For example, I always have an outfit planned out for school the night before, I always go for a cup of milk in the morning and then my bath, etc. I also don't like disobeying rules.

I was feeling edgy one day, and some guy asked me why I wasn't wearing my trademark coat so I basically chewed him out. >.> I didn't use an angry tone, I just used my low and dangerous voice. It scared him off. Now I wish I did something more rational like tell him the weather was about 30 degrees that day...
    f a s h i o n
    c a n
    b e
    l o v e ♥

MBTI
    TiSe

Just curious but to the ISTJs here, aside from the BS stereotypes, misunderstandings and poorly written descriptions what do you see differently in yourselves and ISTPs and/or ISTJs? I don't see a great deal of difference.

The differences between ISTPs and ISTJs from the perspective of an ISTJ...

*shrug*

I dunno. According to theory TiSe is not the same as TeSi, ISTJs are supposed to be one way and ISTPs another and a person can seem stereotypically ISTJish and test ISTP and the other way around. There's so much wiggle room that I really can't make a distinction between types one letter off.

Trying to use type to get a fine detailed description of someone is futile in my opinion. Using four letters to describe someone the best you can hope for is a very basic sketch of what they're like.

Introversion vs Extroversion
    Concrete vs Abstract
    Rational vs Emotional (Yeah, I know. "Feeling is a rational function." If you say so, but I just can't grasp the difference between feely-feeling and thinky-feeling. It does not compute.)
    Neat/Settled vs Messy/Open-ended

It's all a mess. I don't think any of us are really doing it right anyway and some take it way too far. Look at BlueWing, that boy's cheese done slid off his cracker.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post

It's all a mess. I don't think any of us are really doing it right anyway and some take it way too far. Look at BlueWing, that boy's cheese done slid off his cracker.
    This is simply pure poetry.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    The differences between ISTPs and ISTJs from the perspective of an ISTJ...

*shrug*

I dunno. According to theory TiSe is not the same as TeSi, ISTJs are supposed to be one way and ISTPs another and a person can seem stereotypically ISTJish and test ISTP and the other way around. There's so much wiggle room that I really can't make a distinction between types one letter off.

Trying to use type to get a fine detailed description of someone is futile in my opinion. Using four letters to describe someone the best you can hope for is a very basic sketch of what they're like.

Introversion vs Extroversion
    Concrete vs Abstract
    Rational vs Emotional (Yeah, I know. "Feeling is a rational function." If you say so, but I just can't grasp the difference between feely-feeling and thinky-feeling. It does not compute.)
    Neat/Settled vs Messy/Open-ended

Agreed Sass, except I think you meant to say Si-Te, not Te-Si (ESTJ). I think that my (I hate even alluding to dichotomies) J/P are quite close, but this may coincide with Myers-Briggs assertion of the "non-mechanical" ISTP type. She actually used the word non-technical, but Ti in itself is the most technical oriented function in my opinion. A great deal of the ISTJ descriptions fit me and it's too close to call.

As for this thread, Ni-Ne types think about being someone or something their not, which is why you see threads generated on which type would you like to be. Si-Se types in general are too down to earth to make such an assertion. We are who we are and find very little difference along the functions. As for not wanting to be another type, for years I thought that I was INTP because of my Step II results. After thorough studying and chatting on the forums over the years, I find it laughable that anyone would think being Ni-Ne is better than being Si-Se.