• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Being an ISTJ is pleasing because you end up winning at everything. The problem is being "fun". I'm not that fun of a person when I am in IsTJ mode.

I am a skeptic. Science does not accept faith, therefore I do not accept faith. My life is friggin science.

Taberculosis

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well then what differentiates an atheist from an agnostic? Do agnostics just think it's more likely that a higher power exists?

By a power greater than the creatures of the earth, I meant a spiritual being/beings that created the universe or at least holds the knowledge as to what created it and/or whoever runs an afterlife.

I feel like I've blabbed about this somewhere else so... sorry about any repetition.

There are two kinds of atheists. Atheists who believe there is no god. And atheists who don't believe in god. So one has an actual belief that there is no god; while the other simply lacks belief. (This is junk I learned in philosophy. If you don't believe me it's in Richard Dawkins' book "The God Delusion")

Agnostics are sometimes considered to be "riding the fence" but it's not really like that at all. They simply don't think god can be proved or disproved. It's not within our realm or understanding maybe.

Hopefully this makes a little more sense now?

And btw.... in case you couldn't tell, I'm an atheist.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Science itself can become a dogma. :D

Which can also be a problem sometimes because I am OCD'ed into classifying everything (sometimes irrationally). Sometimes it is rationally better not to type someone, but I do anyway and it soucks.

We sacrafice "fun" and taking risks for security. Rationally, this is the obvious choice, but in the transcendental sense, it is crippling.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Sometimes I make myself laugh.

lol at the OP.

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Sometimes I want to rip my hair out because of the lack of spontaneity of my life. For example, I always have an outfit planned out for school the night before, I always go for a cup of milk in the morning and then my bath, etc. I also don't like disobeying rules.

I was feeling edgy one day, and some guy asked me why I wasn't wearing my trademark coat so I basically chewed him out. >.> I didn't use an angry tone, I just used my low and dangerous voice. It scared him off. Now I wish I did something more rational like tell him the weather was about 30 degrees that day...

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Just curious but to the ISTJs here, aside from the BS stereotypes, misunderstandings and poorly written descriptions what do you see differently in yourselves and ISTPs and/or ISTJs? I don't see a great deal of difference.

sassafrassquatch

The differences between ISTPs and ISTJs from the perspective of an ISTJ...

*shrug*

I dunno. According to theory TiSe is not the same as TeSi, ISTJs are supposed to be one way and ISTPs another and a person can seem stereotypically ISTJish and test ISTP and the other way around. There's so much wiggle room that I really can't make a distinction between types one letter off.

Trying to use type to get a fine detailed description of someone is futile in my opinion. Using four letters to describe someone the best you can hope for is a very basic sketch of what they're like.

Introversion vs Extroversion
Concrete vs Abstract
Rational vs Emotional (Yeah, I know. "Feeling is a rational function." If you say so, but I just can't grasp the difference between feely-feeling and thinky-feeling. It does not compute.)
Neat/Settled vs Messy/Open-ended

It's all a mess. I don't think any of us are really doing it right anyway and some take it way too far. Look at BlueWing, that boy's cheese done slid off his cracker.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's all a mess. I don't think any of us are really doing it right anyway and some take it way too far. Look at BlueWing, that boy's cheese done slid off his cracker.

:D This is simply pure poetry.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
The differences between ISTPs and ISTJs from the perspective of an ISTJ...

*shrug*

I dunno. According to theory TiSe is not the same as TeSi, ISTJs are supposed to be one way and ISTPs another and a person can seem stereotypically ISTJish and test ISTP and the other way around. There's so much wiggle room that I really can't make a distinction between types one letter off.

Trying to use type to get a fine detailed description of someone is futile in my opinion. Using four letters to describe someone the best you can hope for is a very basic sketch of what they're like.

Introversion vs Extroversion
Concrete vs Abstract
Rational vs Emotional (Yeah, I know. "Feeling is a rational function." If you say so, but I just can't grasp the difference between feely-feeling and thinky-feeling. It does not compute.)
Neat/Settled vs Messy/Open-ended

Agreed Sass, except I think you meant to say Si-Te, not Te-Si (ESTJ). I think that my (I hate even alluding to dichotomies) J/P are quite close, but this may coincide with Myers-Briggs assertion of the "non-mechanical" ISTP type. She actually used the word non-technical, but Ti in itself is the most technical oriented function in my opinion. A great deal of the ISTJ descriptions fit me and it's too close to call.

As for this thread, Ni-Ne types think about being someone or something their not, which is why you see threads generated on which type would you like to be. Si-Se types in general are too down to earth to make such an assertion. We are who we are and find very little difference along the functions. As for not wanting to be another type, for years I thought that I was INTP because of my Step II results. After thorough studying and chatting on the forums over the years, I find it laughable that anyone would think being Ni-Ne is better than being Si-Se.

RooDee

Taking things too seriously sometimes, internalizing a lot of emotion, not being able to relate to people of faith, etc. etc. etc.

edit:
probably for things that other peope dislike about ISTJs.

I understand you completely. At my new job, all of the co-workers that I work with are deeply religious. Also I feel that I have a very up-tight attitude. Well that's what I project at first, but after a while I loosen up. Like you I internalize emotions, I hide them and am really good about it, but when other people want to talk about a certain emotional thing, I try my best to avoid it. Even if it means leaving the room.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
How much do you hate being an ISTJ?

I think it honestly comes down to the rather pessimistic or sort of depressive attitude of the ISTJs. I'm aware a lot of ISTJ haters (who are not ISTJ). I've also seen it called the most boring type there is, the most traditional, etc. But I generally like being ISTJ, it's one of the top 3 types I would like to be. As an ISTJ, I get a lot of work done, I'm very efficient, and this type is very successful in the work force.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
More like: Really, IZ? Bumping a nearly 3 year old thread to add absolutely nothing of value? The purpose of this was.....?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
:laugh:

I was reading the thread and was moved to comment, if only 2 words.
No question's a dumb question- remember that Panda!

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
No dumb questions, only inquisitive idiots.

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
No dumb questions, only inquisitive idiots.

:laugh: :cheese:

Okay, to add some value to this thread, I don't hate being an ISTJ but I concur that I do take things a little too seriously at times and I internalize my emotions A LOT. I don't feel comfortable discussing them and only a very select few ever hear/know about it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is no perfect type. They all have their unique set of challenges. So there is no need to hate being your type.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I dont hate it at all, I love it. It's the best one to be.

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I hate it, well what i hate most is not being talkative, i wish i had the balls to move to another city/country too