Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Does it suck being an SJ?

I'm not trying to sound insulting or derogatory, but I feel like I would die if I turned into an SJ. Does it ever get hard having that Si voice in your head constantly being like "you're supposed to do this" "it's your duty to do that" "RULES!!!". I mean, it's gotta be at least a LITTLE bit stressful. what's it's like having Si as your first or second function?

Phantonym

Don't you have any rules of your own, things that you feel you're supposed to do? I'm not even talking about what the society seems to expect of you, but isn't all that sort of involved with any kind of goals one sets to themselves no matter where they fall in some typology theory? Is it hard? Is life hard?

I don't see why it would suck more than it sucks for anybody else sometimes. Maybe the Si voice is actually something that gives comfort? Maybe it's nice to have a structure, a set of rules to follow as it takes away the pressure the uncertainty of not having at least a general set of rules to conform to and interpret the world according to would create. It's probably more stressful to see others not following the rules like they're "supposed" to.

For some people (I'm talking about a portion of the SJ's here) the pressure could probably be problematic, if they don't really agree with the general set of rules or they feel that they have little say in establishing the rules for themselves. But isn't that like for anybody?

Personally, maybe I am an SJ, maybe not, but yes, life gets at least a LITTLE bit stressful at times when there are certain expectations involved.

figsfiggyfigs

*pats head*

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Doesn't it suck being an NF who is constantly ruled by your own emotions and has no rhyme or reason to any of their actions?

Oh look. I can use extreme typology stereotypes, too.

No. It doesn't suck being an SJ.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Doesn't it suck being an NF who is constantly ruled by your own emotions and has no rhyme or reason to any of their actions?

Oh look. I can use extreme typology stereotypes, too.

No. It doesn't suck being an SJ.
    yes patches, I cry every night about it
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I also cry about it.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

What could a person possibly be thinking coming into the SJ forum, and asking: "Does it suck being an SJ?"
    Jesus . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm not trying to sound insulting or derogatory, but I feel like I would die if I turned into an SJ. Does it ever get hard having that Si voice in your head constantly being like "you're supposed to do this" "it's your duty to do that" "RULES!!!". I mean, it's gotta be at least a LITTLE bit stressful. what's it's like having Si as your first or second function?
    This is delightfully ironic considering that you are an NFP, lol
    In my experience, Fi moral perfectionism is equal to, if not more than, the amount of stress one could possibly get from Si propriety perfectionism.

If you are indeed ENFP, you're probably projecting inferior Si onto others and is perhaps why it makes you think having higher Si would be insufferable. What you are fundamentally missing is that your complex (the particular way Si is behaving and your own reaction to it) is somewhat unique to those with inferior (ENP) or shadow (NFJ) Si. For an actual SJ, Si is prone to be just as relaxing as Ne is for you (with just as many occasional annoyances as you too may get from Ne).

To further answer your question though, yes, if I can be considered a proper example of SJ, it is tough being SJ sometimes. I experience this when my needs are continually not being met (in times of heightened stress in other words). I start to think of those needs as character flaws and might wish I didn't have them. I believe a similar thing can happen with non-SJs too.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What could a person possibly be thinking coming into the SJ forum, and asking: "Does it suck being an SJ?"
    Jesus . . .
    It's the same thing as going to a NAACP conference and asking "Does it suck being black?"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

are you in suck mode or something? <views similar thread suggestions>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive