• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Does it suck being an SJ?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Doesn't it suck being an NF who is constantly ruled by your own emotions and has no rhyme or reason to any of their actions?

Oh look. I can use extreme typology stereotypes, too.

No. It doesn't suck being an SJ.

yeah it does, you guys are boring as hell. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it's because I'm an ENFP... but I see this as a perfectly polite, valid question. :shrug: I don't see what everyone's going on about...

I know a lot of SJs, and my whole theory is that it must suck to be Se or Si dom where Ne or Ni would be more useful, and vice versa.

Other types always see something about types they're not a member of as "sucking" because they don't like to operate that way. However, I also recognize that sometimes being an NF sucks (everyone inevitably hurts your feelings, no one seems to understand you, and if you do feel depressed there's a nasty little voice in your head informing you that everyone thinks you're pathetic). I've heard other types say that sometimes being an XX sucks, and the reasons they give usually aren't the ones I would have expected.

I would think that it would suck to be an SJ because they get a lot of crap about being boring, and it's usually not true.

Skylights is probably right, the wording was a little "controversial" but you're right too. this thread was made because my perception, as an ENFP, of what being SJ makes it seem like it would be very stressful and I can't contemplate what having it as a first function would be like. contrary to my original hypothesis, it appears that Si is relaxing to ISJs (and ESJs) and there natural perception of NPs seems more like "how to remember to do anything? how to do go about living life with such little consistancy and still manage to survive?" in short, inferior functions are friggin confusing to everyone XP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Doesn't it suck being an NF who is constantly ruled by your own emotions and has no rhyme or reason to any of their actions?

Oh look. I can use extreme typology stereotypes, too.

No. It doesn't suck being an SJ.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel more stressed WITHOUT rules and guidelines.

Actually, I can relate to this in some way as well. Especially as a child, I would freak out not knowing what other people wanted from me because I wanted to make them happy and appear competent in their eyes. And having no rules and guidelines makes me wonder 'Am I doing this right?" And no feedback in addition to that really freaks me out. I assume the worst, and it gnaws at my brain.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I can relate to this in some way as well. Especially as a child, I would freak out not knowing what other people wanted from me because I wanted to make them happy and appear competent in their eyes. And having no rules and guidelines makes me wonder 'Am I doing this right?" And no feedback in addition to that really freaks me out. I assume the worst, and it gnaws at my brain.

I don't like strict rules, but guidlines are very helpful, especially when first starting out. I'm not like an SP where I can just jump into the thick of battle and magically know what to do.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like strict rules, but guidlines are very helpful, especially when first starting out. I'm not like an SP where I can just jump into the thick of battle and magically know what to do.

Exactly.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't like too many rules, and I'm an SJ. I prefer guidelines and the ability to use my judgement.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like too many rules, and I'm an SJ. I prefer guidelines and the ability to use my judgement.

I think the need for strict rules is more a preference of less disciplined SJs who don't know how to function without them

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think the need for strict rules is more a preference of less disciplined SJs who don't know how to function without them

I just started another thread...I think it's a matter of experiences in life that dictate how you react to freedom. My ISFJ friend grew up in this small town outside of Philly. It's pretty much all he knows - he hasn't lived elsewhere. Now that I live up in the area, and I crack on the town- he gets mad and feels he has to insult Philly.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why did this thread even happen? :huh:

Hecuba

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Yes, at times it sucks because I can be over-protective of friends and act hateful towards people I believe to be a threat to them even if I am totally wrong about it (which I usually am) It's not that I don't trust my friends, I do a lot, but I am over-protective and will jealously guard them and die for them if I need too.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Wooo! Giant thread bump!!

Everything is pretty zen in DisneyGeek land right now. Of course, I am obviously not speaking for others.

:)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
lmao at the loaded title question.

rofl

ok seriously, sometimes I wish I were SJ. Then I'd be able to hold a job and live a rather carefree existence devoid of global politics. I'd also probably be content with reading a book on the porch, but NO. I have to blast loud music and have hundreds of dollars to do anything I consider fun. I'm high maintenance. FML.