User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I didn't say they sucked. I was under the (now I know false) impression that it sucked to be one. this is not the same thing. perhaps this medaphor will help you understand what I mean

Do black people who lived during the Southern Reconstruction suck?
    Obvious answer: no, they were just as intelligent and good natured people as their white bretheren

HOWEVER

Would it suck to be a black person during this period?
    probable answer: yes. immensly so people pushed them into the dirt, they had no rights, people didn't respect them, and they had the constant fear of being lynched hanging over their head. it has nothing to do with them as people, but being black in those circumstances would almost certainly stuck.

this is an incredibly extreme example, but it gets the point across. I was under the (again, quite false) impression that life was a lot harder for SJs, so I asked if they felt the same way, which they apparently don't.
    No it doesn't being an SJ today and being a black person during reconstruction are very different. SJs don't get lynched just for being SJs while race crimes were at a high during that period. Also SJs were never prevented from voting with the use of literacy tests and other means.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    No it doesn't being an SJ today and being a black person during reconstruction are very different. SJs don't get lynched just for being SJs while race crimes were at a high during that period. Also SJs were never prevented from voting with the use of literacy tests and other means.
    I wasn't referring to the specifics (I guessed that since you were an NFP like me that analogies would be a good way to get the point across but perhaps the example was too extreme). the point was that I was under the impression that the circumstances of being an SJ would suck (because I was severely misinformed about their experiences at the time I posted the thread), not that the SJs themselves sucked.
    PS: it's interesting that several non SJs are like "you're prejudiced against SJs" while the actual SJs posting here understand my intention perfectly and are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

PS: it's interesting that several non SJs are like "you're prejudiced against SJs" while the actual SJs posting here understand my intention perfectly and are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.
    That's because we're cool like that
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I wasn't referring to the specifics (I guessed that since you were an NFP like me that analogies would be a good way to get the point across but perhaps the example was too extreme).
    Way to condescend. You failed to get your point across because you used a really bad analogy.

the point was that I was under the impression that the circumstances of being an SJ would suck (because I was severely misinformed about their experiences at the time I posted the thread), not that the SJs themselves sucked.
    No, you said it would suck to be SJ because Si would cause them stress. You never said anything about the "circumstances of being SJ," whatever that means (what circumstances? Whose circumstances? When? Where?) Your analogy is bad, sir.

Nah, it seems like the ones who shared their experiences did so in spite of your tone, and in spite of the fact that there's not much of a real question to answer in the OP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey
    the OP was honestly stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy
    the actual SJs posting here [...] are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683
    That's because we're cool like that
    QFT 1, 2, and 3. appreciated, SJs.

it occurred to me last night, that i very much appreciate Si when i am tired. i turn into a little STJ when i am tired. i am not very good at it but it's much more pleasing than Neing. now i just need to figure out how to integrate Si better regularly

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Way to condescend. You failed to get your point across because you used a really bad analogy.

No, you said it would suck to be SJ because Si would cause them stress. You never said anything about the "circumstances of being SJ," whatever that means (what circumstances? Whose circumstances? When? Where?) Your analogy is bad, sir.

Nah, it seems like the ones who shared their experiences did so in spite of your tone, and in spite of the fact that there's not much of a real question to answer in the OP.
    I haven't said anything condescending...until now because of your baseless, irrational and downright childish attempts at ad hominem. I mean come on. you're a scientist and I'm a 19 year old college student, I shouldn't have to be the one telling you you're acting like a child. we've established that the OP was terribly written, now I would appreciate it if you would stop mindlessly attacking my intentions for the sake of the rest of the members trying to read and comment on this thread

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

You should just go ahead and change your username to Illucid.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I've provided my argument, and I've stated why it doesn't really matter what he says his intentions were. If he was not intentionally seeking to do what I've characterized him as doing, so much the worse for him. It just means he was unintentionally being obtuse. All that aside, though, I do not believe that I owe him any special consideration because, according to you, he's some excitable, socially 'tarded ENFP releasing his burning curiosity. Or are you really suggesting that I lay off because you think you can relate to him?

No. I'm suggesting you stop telling him what his intentions are as you have no way of knowing those and are clearly not willing to first understand them to then make your judgement. For that matter, stop intuiting my intentions while you're at it. And I was hoping....*hoping* that, considering all the Fi/Fe threads we have on here, it would help to use this as an example to increase understanding. I was also hoping that increased understanding might provide you with additional information upon which to review your judgement. My mistake.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

this would be a good time to remind people that posting on the internet requires thinking before hitting the Post button... and that sometimes seeing your post through someone else's eyes before posting it could be a useful idea
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Wow it's really cool when people argue.