User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 149

  1. #51
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I didn't say they sucked. I was under the (now I know false) impression that it sucked to be one. this is not the same thing. perhaps this medaphor will help you understand what I mean

    Do black people who lived during the Southern Reconstruction suck?
    Obvious answer: no, they were just as intelligent and good natured people as their white bretheren

    HOWEVER

    Would it suck to be a black person during this period?
    probable answer: yes. immensly so people pushed them into the dirt, they had no rights, people didn't respect them, and they had the constant fear of being lynched hanging over their head. it has nothing to do with them as people, but being black in those circumstances would almost certainly stuck.

    this is an incredibly extreme example, but it gets the point across. I was under the (again, quite false) impression that life was a lot harder for SJs, so I asked if they felt the same way, which they apparently don't.
    No it doesn't being an SJ today and being a black person during reconstruction are very different. SJs don't get lynched just for being SJs while race crimes were at a high during that period. Also SJs were never prevented from voting with the use of literacy tests and other means.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #52
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    No it doesn't being an SJ today and being a black person during reconstruction are very different. SJs don't get lynched just for being SJs while race crimes were at a high during that period. Also SJs were never prevented from voting with the use of literacy tests and other means.
    I wasn't referring to the specifics (I guessed that since you were an NFP like me that analogies would be a good way to get the point across but perhaps the example was too extreme). the point was that I was under the impression that the circumstances of being an SJ would suck (because I was severely misinformed about their experiences at the time I posted the thread), not that the SJs themselves sucked.
    PS: it's interesting that several non SJs are like "you're prejudiced against SJs" while the actual SJs posting here understand my intention perfectly and are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.

  3. #53
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    PS: it's interesting that several non SJs are like "you're prejudiced against SJs" while the actual SJs posting here understand my intention perfectly and are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.
    That's because we're cool like that
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  4. #54
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I wasn't referring to the specifics (I guessed that since you were an NFP like me that analogies would be a good way to get the point across but perhaps the example was too extreme).
    Way to condescend. You failed to get your point across because you used a really bad analogy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the point was that I was under the impression that the circumstances of being an SJ would suck (because I was severely misinformed about their experiences at the time I posted the thread), not that the SJs themselves sucked.
    No, you said it would suck to be SJ because Si would cause them stress. You never said anything about the "circumstances of being SJ," whatever that means (what circumstances? Whose circumstances? When? Where?) Your analogy is bad, sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    PS: it's interesting that several non SJs are like "you're prejudiced against SJs" while the actual SJs posting here understand my intention perfectly and are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.
    Nah, it seems like the ones who shared their experiences did so in spite of your tone, and in spite of the fact that there's not much of a real question to answer in the OP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #55
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey
    the OP was honestly stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy
    the actual SJs posting here [...] are happy to share information about what being an SJ is really like and why it doesn't suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683
    That's because we're cool like that
    QFT 1, 2, and 3. appreciated, SJs.

    it occurred to me last night, that i very much appreciate Si when i am tired. i turn into a little STJ when i am tired. i am not very good at it but it's much more pleasing than Neing. now i just need to figure out how to integrate Si better regularly

  6. #56
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Way to condescend. You failed to get your point across because you used a really bad analogy.



    No, you said it would suck to be SJ because Si would cause them stress. You never said anything about the "circumstances of being SJ," whatever that means (what circumstances? Whose circumstances? When? Where?) Your analogy is bad, sir.



    Nah, it seems like the ones who shared their experiences did so in spite of your tone, and in spite of the fact that there's not much of a real question to answer in the OP.
    I haven't said anything condescending...until now because of your baseless, irrational and downright childish attempts at ad hominem. I mean come on. you're a scientist and I'm a 19 year old college student, I shouldn't have to be the one telling you you're acting like a child. we've established that the OP was terribly written, now I would appreciate it if you would stop mindlessly attacking my intentions for the sake of the rest of the members trying to read and comment on this thread

  7. #57
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default



    You should just go ahead and change your username to Illucid.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #58
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I've provided my argument, and I've stated why it doesn't really matter what he says his intentions were. If he was not intentionally seeking to do what I've characterized him as doing, so much the worse for him. It just means he was unintentionally being obtuse. All that aside, though, I do not believe that I owe him any special consideration because, according to you, he's some excitable, socially 'tarded ENFP releasing his burning curiosity. Or are you really suggesting that I lay off because you think you can relate to him?

    No. I'm suggesting you stop telling him what his intentions are as you have no way of knowing those and are clearly not willing to first understand them to then make your judgement. For that matter, stop intuiting my intentions while you're at it. And I was hoping....*hoping* that, considering all the Fi/Fe threads we have on here, it would help to use this as an example to increase understanding. I was also hoping that increased understanding might provide you with additional information upon which to review your judgement. My mistake.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #59
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    this would be a good time to remind people that posting on the internet requires thinking before hitting the Post button... and that sometimes seeing your post through someone else's eyes before posting it could be a useful idea
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #60
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Wow it's really cool when people argue.

Similar Threads

  1. Does it suck not being me?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 04:04 PM
  2. [SJ] If you had to be an SJ, which type would you be and why?
    By Moiety in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
  3. [INFJ] To Other Types: How does it feel when an INFJ gives you the (super) cold shoulder?
    By fill in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 06:23 AM
  4. [NF] NFs (or anyone who wants to answer, it will be an advice party, wee champagne!)
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
  5. [SJ] Being an SJ teen
    By Ezra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO