User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Elfboy, sorry about the harsh reception.

As Tinker said, you could never "be" an SJ, because then you wouldn't be you anymore. You'd be coming from a different perspective. Now, if you mean living in a world filled with SJs, well...

And as Patches said, it's just as crazy to me imagining a world where Ne provides the "foundation" for everything (if such a thing could be called a foundation) / a world where barely anything is ever certain. That probably doesn't sound so horrible to you, because it's like that in your head all the time, I suppose. But that's the point about "perspectives."

What is Si like, in this case? I'm getting the idea that it's kind of like depth-perception, to relate it metaphorically to physical sense-of-sight. When someone gives me a blank slate and tells me to make something, I feel no way to judge the direction of it, because it has no parameters. I could keep thinking of different things to do, and not know which one to choose, because my "depth-perception" is thrown off.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Actually, this would be an awesome thread to explore the differences between the Si and Ne in NFPs and SJs. I'd love to know what your Ne looks like
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You're kidding me, right?

How could it possibly suck to be an SJ? Any sane person would be jealous of them!

If I were an SJ, I could probably actually get things done, and not have to worry about all this... nonsense all the time.

I mean, think about it. Society is set up in a way that is more tailored to SJs than any other type. Also, when you find comfort in conformity, you can lead a much more relaxed life than if you feel a spirit of rebellion over certain things. When you're willing to obey an authority figure and not take risks... to just keep the peace. Without feeling guilty, but actually feeling like you're doing the right thing. And when you have problems... almost everyone can relate to them.

I envy SJs, because they can be content with very simple lives, and most of them find happiness easily. Being an NF, means I'm constantly vexed with questions that cannot be answered to my satisfaction. I'm constantly worried about how things are developing, what things really mean, whether or not my assumptions are right.

If anything, I bet being an SJ probably sucks far less than being an NF. Especially an NF who cares so much what other people think, that they often try to look like an SJ outwardly, but hide quite a bit of existential angst and uncertainty within, and always feel conflicted as a result.

How could anyone possibly think that being normal sucks? Seriously.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

How could it possibly suck to be an SJ? Any sane person would be jealous of them!

If I were an SJ, I could probably actually get things done, and not have to worry about all this... nonsense all the time.

I mean, think about it. Society is set up in a way that is more tailored to SJs than any other type. Also, when you find comfort in conformity, you can lead a much more relaxed life than if you feel a spirit of rebellion over certain things. When you're willing to obey an authority figure and not take risks... to just keep the peace. Without feeling guilty, but actually feeling like you're doing the right thing.

I envy SJs, because they can be content with very simple lives, and most of them find happiness easily. Being an NF, means I'm constantly vexed with questions that cannot be answered to my satisfaction. I'm constantly worried about how things are developing, what things really mean, whether or not my assumptions are right.

If anything, I bet being an SJ probably sucks far less than being an NF. Especially an NF who cares so much what other people think, that they often try to look like an SJ outwardly, but hide quite a bit of existential angst and uncertainty within, and always feel conflicted as a result
    interesting. so basically what I'm deducing is that to more eager-to-please, conscientious and socialable people who are not SJ, it would seem like an ideal type because you could actually fit in with people and get things done. for a wild lone wolf like myself, it seems kinda scary from the outside.

Elfboy, sorry about the harsh reception.

As Tinker said, you could never "be" an SJ, because then you wouldn't be you anymore. You'd be coming from a different perspective. Now, if you mean living in a world filled with SJs, well...

And as Patches said, it's just as crazy to me imagining a world where Ne provides the "foundation" for everything (if such a thing could be called a foundation) / a world where barely anything is ever certain. That probably doesn't sound so horrible to you, because it's like that in your head all the time, I suppose. But that's the point about "perspectives."

What is Si like, in this case? I'm getting the idea that it's kind of like depth-perception, to relate it metaphorically to physical sense-of-sight. When someone gives me a blank slate and tells me to make something, I feel no way to judge the direction of it, because it has no parameters. I could keep thinking of different things to do, and not know which one to choose, because my "depth-perception" is thrown off.
    lol it's alright. I used acontroversial thread title because I thought it would get more views, but it ended up just being confusing and obscuring the main point of the thread
    I'm gonna start a new thread that's a little less chaotic

MBTI
    ENTP

Quite a lot of SJs have stable lives: a stable job, with a stable income, and a stable relationship with their girlfriend, and a stable relationship with their friends.

Why would that suck?! Are you serious?:

They also seem less anxious, their mood is also stable, they don't fluctuate that much. They fit in society fucking perfect + they have a high income. If you check...ESTJs and ENTJs have the highest income. And my ESTJ (2) and ISTJ (3) friends have a high income...the highest income of all my friends who work or have ever worked.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

I mean, think about it. Society is set up in a way that is more tailored to SJs than any other type. Also, when you find comfort in conformity, you can lead a much more relaxed life than if you feel a spirit of rebellion over certain things. When you're willing to obey an authority figure and not take risks... to just keep the peace. Without feeling guilty, but actually feeling like you're doing the right thing. And when you have problems... almost everyone can relate to them.

If anything, I bet being an SJ probably sucks far less than being an NF. Especially an NF who cares so much what other people think, that they often try to look like an SJ outwardly, but hide quite a bit of existential angst and uncertainty within, and always feel conflicted as a result.

How could anyone possibly think that being normal sucks? Seriously.
    The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it.

Most of this is as stereotyped as the OP. Being an SJ doesn't make you automatically popular, well-adjusted or conformist (or "normal"). Depression happens in SJs, too.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it.

Most of this is as stereotyped as the OP. Being an SJ doesn't make you automatically popular, well-adjusted or conformist (or "normal"). Depression happens in SJs, too.
    All very true, especially the bolded. Suffered from depression for quite some time actually. I imagine depression is somewhat common amongst xSFJ types
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you might as well ask a tiger if it sucks to be striped... a person is the way that they are and have always been, how would you even know if it DID suck?

not the most brilliant question, as ALL personality types have thier downfalls
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    All very true, especially the bolded. Suffered from depression for quite some time actually. I imagine depression is somewhat common amongst xSFJ types
    I have an ISFJ friend who suffers from some kind of something He's kinda unstable emotionally.

MBTI
    yupp

My ex ISFJ room mate was bulemic, and alcholic and i suspect borderline (but I'm no professional so I can't accurately diagnose her on the borderline part) But she was too screwed up and emotionally manipulative so I shut the door on her, because I do not need people like that in my life. I have my own issues to deal with, and i'm very susceptible to emotional manipulation. I always say I won't let it happen, I want to believe the best in people that they are honest. See it some times sucks being an idealist. Maybe it's because I'm honest, and I can't understand the need to be less than honest with others and where they stand.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so