User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

The Iron Giant

Yeah, this is an old thread. I know @Elfboy has gotten better in his understanding of type since making this. Obviously Keirsey's stuff is crap. But to answer the question anyway, no, I like being what I am. Si for me is nothing like it's described in the OP. My life is pretty great.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Yeah, this is an old thread. I know @Elfboy has gotten better in his understanding of type since making this. Obviously Keirsey's stuff is crap. But to answer the question anyway, no, I like being what I am. Si for me is nothing like it's described in the OP. My life is pretty great.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    come to think of it, that was probably the main reason for said misconceptions
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

It doesn't suck, mostly. Sometimes I wish I could be a little less stressed and little more carefree and relaxed about things. But I remember that everything around us in this world needs people behind the scenes to make it work. At a party, you will see SJ's cleaning, preparing, cooking, etc. In an office, you will see them running things making sure things go smoothly. I don't think anyone can fully know what it is like to be a "different type." Who we are is all we know and what we know is what we are used to and like. Being an ENFP, you look at the world through your own lens, and through that lens, anything that isn't quite as carefree, adaptable, loose, etc does not seem fun. Monotonous work, planning, organizing, may seem like chores to you @Elfboy but for others those things are what we love and keep us sane in a crazy and ever changing world. We all have a place in this world, not little boxes, but places in which we can flourish and do what we do best. It does not suck to be an SJ, it can be tiring, it can be stressful, but we are best equipped to handle the negatives. NF's perhaps don't like the idea of being an SJ because it's boring and it "sucks," SJ's perhaps don't like the idea of being NF because its useless and lazy (stereotypes and nothing more). For myself, I wish I could be a bit more extroverted, intuitive, feeling and perceptive, but I'm happy and proud to be a curmudgeonly ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    It doesn't suck, mostly. Sometimes I wish I could be a little less stressed and little more carefree and relaxed about things. But I remember that everything around us in this world needs people behind the scenes to make it work. At a party, you will see SJ's cleaning, preparing, cooking, etc. In an office, you will see them running things making sure things go smoothly. I don't think anyone can fully know what it is like to be a "different type." Who we are is all we know and what we know is what we are used to and like. Being an ENFP, you look at the world through your own lens, and through that lens, anything that isn't quite as carefree, adaptable, loose, etc does not seem fun. Monotonous work, planning, organizing, may seem like chores to you @Elfboy but for others those things are what we love and keep us sane in a crazy and ever changing world. We all have a place in this world, not little boxes, but places in which we can flourish and do what we do best. It does not suck to be an SJ, it can be tiring, it can be stressful, but we are best equipped to handle the negatives. NF's perhaps don't like the idea of being an SJ because it's boring and it "sucks," SJ's perhaps don't like the idea of being NF because its useless and lazy (stereotypes and nothing more). For myself, I wish I could be a bit more extroverted, intuitive, feeling and perceptive, but I'm happy and proud to be a curmudgeonly ISTJ.
    The day I'ld have a place in the world, I'ld have failed
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    This is delightfully ironic considering that you are an NFP, lol
    In my experience, Fi moral perfectionism is equal to, if not more than, the amount of stress one could possibly get from Si propriety perfectionism.

If you are indeed ENFP, you're probably projecting inferior Si onto others and is perhaps why it makes you think having higher Si would be insufferable. What you are fundamentally missing is that your complex (the particular way Si is behaving and your own reaction to it) is somewhat unique to those with inferior (ENP) or shadow (NFJ) Si. For an actual SJ, Si is prone to be just as relaxing as Ne is for you (with just as many occasional annoyances as you too may get from Ne).

To further answer your question though, yes, if I can be considered a proper example of SJ, it is tough being SJ sometimes. I experience this when my needs are continually not being met (in times of heightened stress in other words). I start to think of those needs as character flaws and might wish I didn't have them. I believe a similar thing can happen with non-SJs too.
    Hey, cool post!

But that's ESFJ, not Si per say.
    Don't mislead the poor souls who think they can understand from explanations and not from personal experience

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't have an issue with SJ's. Honestly, I think I've had more pressure in my life to conform to SP and NF values than SJ values (at least as Keirsey defines them), so I tend to have more issues with those temperaments. Even so, I don't think they suck, and I think they bring valuable things to the table.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

WALMART

SJ's are the top tier of human existence.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    SJ's are the top tier of human existence.
    Top tier idiots

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Top tier idiots

I cannot tell if this is a genuine expression of thought or an attempt to facilitate an emotional response.

At any rate, to each its own.